The Equalizer

Well the film in itself looks pretty interesting from the trailer, but not much about it really screams "The Equalizer." At least he should've worn his long coat and could've been seen around various New York neighbourhoods. Plus they should've gone with the classic theme tune. Otherwise this could've just been any vigilante-like movie with the name "The Equalizer" slapped over it.

It looks like a sequel/prequel to Man on Fire.

Well the film in itself looks pretty interesting from the trailer, but not much about it really screams "The Equalizer." At least he should've worn his long coat and could've been seen around various New York neighbourhoods. Plus they should've gone with the classic theme tune. Otherwise this could've just been any vigilante-like movie with the name "The Equalizer" slapped over it.

Honestly, most people from (later) Gen X and Y don't remember the show though. I'm not being dismissive but The Equalizer kinda faded away from pop culture.

Wouldn't it be cool of Denzel's character was a diabetic?

I think this is going to be a surprise hit like taken and Russell crowe will regret turning it down.

Trailer looks dope. Kinda reminds me of Scarlett Johansson's new movie a little bit. Im just glad he's not playing a cop for once

It does evoke a bit of Man on Fire. It also looks utterly awesome, so... yeah.

Looks pretty decent, but man, I feel like Chloe has been either miscast, or the fact that her wig in the movie is terrible is done on purpose. It just doesn't suit her at all, looks awkward, but as long as she delivers.

Looks pretty decent, but man, I feel like Chloe has been either miscast, or the fact that her wig in the movie is terrible is done on purpose. It just doesn't suit her at all, looks awkward, but as long as she delivers.

Perhaps she is in disguise & that won't be her hair for the whole movie.

Well Chloe does seem to be drawn to these darker/more demanding roles. Not that I'm complaining mind you, she's a really good actress.

Each witty answer I thought of sounded increasing worse. :lmao:
:funny:

Well Chloe does seem to be drawn to these darker/more demanding roles. Not that I'm complaining mind you, she's a really good actress.
The only fear is the burnout. She takes theses roles and and seem to do quite a lot of films. But she seems to be quite levelheaded, so that is a good sign.

I'm digging this trailer, I don't really remember the show but I know I've seen it. So I guess I'm coming in with little baggage. Looks like Denzel is going to kill it.

This looks kind of generic.

"This goes all the way to the top"

Hero walks away from fireball without looking back.

Trailer set against contemporary rap song.

This looks kind of generic.

"This goes all the way to the top"

Hero walks away from fireball without looking back.

Trailer set against contemporary rap song.

It's missing the key piece of dialogue, where the protagonist reminds a supporting character that he's the only hope you've got.

Denzel's "Equalizer" To Be A "Very Hard R"

By Garth Franklin Saturday June 21st 2014 07:10PM
There's a lot of interest in "The Equalizer," not just for it being an adaptation of the famed CBS 1980s TV show but because it could well be the launching pad for a franchise led by Denzel Washington - something the actor has studiously avoided over the years.
Producer Todd Black, who was a key element in getting the project made, tells Screenrant that the movie won't be watered down:
"You're going to see a very hard R movie. It's called The Equalizer and it's about a guy who takes care of people who either can't or don't know how to take care of themselves because they've been done wrong by really bad people.
And he takes care of those people that have such a wrong doings it done to them. And he gives the bad people a chance to rectify it at every turn. And when they don't take him up on his chance he violently, violently takes care of them in a way that they will never breathe again."
Black says they had debates about how much of the backstory of Denzel's character Robert McCall they should give away in this first film and ultimately left a bit of a mystery around certain elements such as McCall's late wife. He does confirm that McCall has OCD, something that served him well in his former job but proves a bit of a struggle in everyday life.
One surprise, McCall apparently never uses a gun in the movie as he's strictly anti-gun - as a result he has to use whatever is around him. Asked if Denzel is committed to the idea of a second movie at this point, he says:
"You know, we're all committed to do a second movie until there isn't a second movie. I mean if it works and the audiences like it and it works critically and financially, I'm sure Sony and Denzel and all of us will want to do a second movie, but you never go into these thinking that because you never know. So you do have to satisfy certain questions that are necessary to answer in case there isn't a second one, but you hope for a second one."
The writers worked for eight months on the script, tailor making it for Denzel. The resulting script was handed to Denzel. Within three days he was onboard, within two more Sony was as well and had given the project the official green light.
Finally there's the original 1980s series. Black confirms they went after the rights to it for two things - the title and the basic concept. As a result, they weren't "hung up on what the show was and all the machinations of what Robert McCall did or didn't do and what his backstory was

Good. Good. :batman:

Between this and Lucy and the Raid 2, it's gonna be a good year for rated R action films.

Seriously, Rated R action films are almost dead, except in foreign market like South Korea, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"