THE EVIL TW1N'S Comic Book Fan Art

THE EVIL TW1N

Civilian
Reaction score
After luking on the site for a few years, I've seen some great artwork here and have been reinspired to start drawing again! So I registered and here I am.

I have done many comic drawings before, but I have always just copied (not traced) other comic artist work, usually straight from the comic books. I usually do the drawing in black ink on a large format (18"x24") and have them hung up on the walls throught my house. I'm tired of copying other people's (great) work, I want to create stuff that is 100% mine now.

I use a Hanvon drawing tablet. This thing is CRAP. It says it has over 1000 points of sensitivity, but really, it feels like 2! After messing with the settings forever on it and never getting the results I seek, I've decided I'm going to reinvest in the near future and get a Wacom Intuous 4. Until then, I will be drawing with this cheap Hanvon. Really, drawing with this Hanvon is like drawing with a mouse, but atleast in the shape of a pen so it's workable. I've had it for over two years now. It's just the sensitivity on it is utter garbage.

I have never drawn Iron Man before so I decided to tackle my challenge. The following is the steps I took in drawing him. It took a few hours but I was able to complete more than I had thought I could. I'll be separating my posts to make it easier to read.

Fist, I started with a sketch I did in photoshop. I thought I would make the figure (I didn't originally think I would try Iron Man) pushing against something or someone larger.

ironmanflyinglightsketc.jpg

After being somewhat reasonably pleased with my sketch, I drew over it on a new layer with a little more difinitive lines.

ironmanflyingdarksketch.jpg

After looking at the dark stketch, I really was not happy with the the figures arms and decided to change them to something more "traditional". I also wasn't too happy with the leg so that had to change too.

ironmanflyingreposed.jpg

A little happier wih the design now, this is where I chose to do Iron Man. I had never drawn Iron Man before so I figured I would jump straight in and try to.

So I created a new layer and drew the armor over the body, using a toy I had as reference.

ironmanflyingdrawingske.jpg

Some parts weren't quite "right" but overall I was happy at this point.

I wasn't too fond of the front leg so I straightened it out. Now, the next part I decided to experiment. I had looked up how people do comic drawings online and since there really was no difinitive way of how to do it, I decided to do it my own way. I duplicated the layer, blurred it slightly and then combined both layers. I then copied then and pasted them into illustrator, where I had the program re"trace" the drawing. I did this in order to get CLEAN lines. After getting the cleaner (but still rough) look I wanted, this is what I ended up with:

ironmanflyingdrawingske.jpg

Not too bad, eh?

From there, I brought it back into photoshop, rasterized it, and cleaned up the lines to get a finished version (in basic form).

ironmanflyingdrawingcom.jpg

thanks for sharing this and welcome to the hype!

thanks. I'm a little rusty but starting to get the flow of things again.

I completed these last week... I'll post it in the sequence they were made:

ironmanflyingdrawingcom.jpg

I added the black shadows and small scratches on the suit. I then did a quick basic paint job:

ironmanflyingwithbasicc.jpg

I then airbrushed highlights and shadows:

ironman09.jpg

FINALLY, to finish it, I added glows and toned down the vibrancy (I'm more of a fan of the muted colors):

ironman11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"