The faint aroma of marijuana

Fledermaus said:
Then you are already a member of the drug culture you find so tragic, Fried. Alcohol has caused more death, broken up more families and left more children parent-less than marijuana ever has or ever will. So bottoms up, hypocrite.
Oh, could you at least even pretend to think of an original counter? The difference is that alcohol is legal, and widely accepted as a ligitimate stimulant within modern society, but I can't be held responisble for the actions of idiots who have no self control. Having said that, I would have no quarms whatsoever if alcohol suddenly disappeared from the planet or was made ilegal, because my life does not revolve around the artificial high that this particular drug brings with it.

Fried Gold said:
The difference is that alcohol is legal, and widely accepted as a ligitimate stimulant within modern society.

so is marijuana in a lot of other countries . . . :confused:

I can't believe people can smoke that in public.
I'd take one hit and instantly hear cop cars screeching in the attic.

DV8 said:
so is marijuana in a lot of other countries . . . :confused:
And the age of consent in Japan is 13. You're point is... what?

Seriously though, I do not understand why you are all so suddenly aggressively defensive? Isn't everything supposed to be groovy with you types?

Fried Gold said:
Actually, my drink of choice is a double jack daniels, neat.
You're throwing your life away!!!

Fried Gold said:

Seriously though, I do not understand why you are all so suddenly aggressively defensive? Isn't everything supposed to be groovy with you types?

that's the point . . . you're generalizing a whole group of people based on 'movies you saw', or some shyt that your friends told you . . . idiot.

Fried Gold said:
Oh, could you at least even pretend to think of an original counter? The difference is that alcohol is legal, and widely accepted as a ligitimate stimulant within modern society, but I can't be held responisble for the actions of idiots who have no self control. Having said that, I would have no quarms whatsoever if alcohol suddenly disappeared from the planet or was made ilegal, because my life does not revolve around the artificial high that this particular drug brings with it.
Are you kidding me? You're basing some misguided notion of objective morality on whether or not something is legal? Legality depends on where you're born, it has nothing to do with an objective morality, if there even is a such thing as objective morality, but we'll leave the religious debate for another thread. For someone who claims to have "grown up," you display an extremely juvenile thought process. But go ahead, base your life philosophy purely on conditioning.

Fried Gold said:

You were the one who used legality as a defense of alcohol consumption, stating that's what makes it different from pot. Marijuana is legally consumed elsewhere; what is so confusing? Making something legal doesn't make it right or wrong. You condemn pot because it's a drug, yet your Jack Daniels is just as much a drug as the pot, and frankly, far more dangerous.

Fried Gold said:

What do you consider aggressively defensive? Calling you on your inaccurate generalizations and wanting a reason for your blind damnation of something you clearly know nothing about? Do you even want to know the truth or are you content with your stereotypes?

Calvin said:
Are you kidding me? You're basing some misguided notion of objective morality on whether or not something is legal? Legality depends on where you're born, it has nothing to do with an objective morality, if there even is a such thing as objective morality, but we'll leave the religious debate for another thread. For someone who claims to have "grown up," you display an extremely juvenile thought process. But go ahead, base your life philosophy purely on conditioning.
Not really. My 'objective morality' is based on my own experiences with the drug, how I've seen people literally give up the good things in their life so that they can spend the £10-£20 saved, on pot instead. How I've seen people get fired from pretty decent jobs because they got 'stoned' during their lunch break. Recreational usage is one thing and granted, perhaps my examples given are the rare exception, but when every experience I've had with it has been a negative one, how can I think otherwise? Because a bunch of dudes on the internet say otherwise? LOL! It's almost become such a self parody of itself that I'd almost be embarrassed if I did smoke weed.

^I would be embarrased for you . . . that would be a waste of weed :o

Fried Gold said:
Not really. My 'objective morality' is based on my own experiences with the drug, how I've seen people literally give up the good things in their life so that they can spend the £10-£20 saved, on pot instead. How I've seen people get fired from pretty decent jobs because they got 'stoned' during their lunch break. Recreational usage is one thing and granted, perhaps my examples given are the rare exception, but when every experience I've had with it has been a negative one, how can I think otherwise? Because a bunch of dudes on the internet say otherwise? LOL! It's almost become such a self parody of itself that I'd almost be embarrassed if I did smoke weed.
Because it's idiotic to base generalizations on your own (one person's) experiences, when talking about something like this. I personally don't enjoy pot, it makes me feel like ****, and I've had my fair share of friends who became s**ty friends due to a pot addiction, including at least one girlfriend. However, I'm not oblivious to the way the drug works, and the way a LOT of people are able to benefit from it in regards to relatively harmless recreation or self-exploration.

Lurk said:
You were the one who used legality as a defense of alcohol consumption, stating that's what makes it different from pot. Marijuana is legally consumed elsewhere; what is so confusing? Making something legal doesn't make it right or wrong. You condemn pot because it's a drug, yet your Jack Daniels is just as much a drug as the pot, and frankly, far more dangerous.
Although I've been dragged into discussing the effects of the drug, what I'm trying to say is that I'm simply stating that I think that smoking weed is a ridiculous past time. To me, you may as well be dressing in rubber and ******* off over car.

anyway . . . look at the time . . . I gotta go :D

Fried Gold said:
I'm not calling into the positive or negative effects of the drug, I'm simply stating that I think that smoking weed is a ridiculous past time. To me, you may as well be dressing in rubber and ******* off over car.
A lot of people would say the same thing about posting on a message board.

The only people I've ever seen "throw their lives away" were going to do that with or without pot. Not everyone who drinks is a drunk. Just as it's not fair to categorize everyone who enjoys alcohol as a lush, it's wrong to assume everyone who smokes is a lazy ****** who will change into a different person immediately upon toking.

terry78 said:
Whenever you're out in public, do you ever catch that recognizable scent of freshly smoked ganja? It's hilarious, as whenever a group of people notice it, they all know what it is, but no one ever says anything unless they like to be the requisite captain obvious. It's funnier when you run into someone that's obviously been smoking it and the smell is all over them, whereever they go. Ah, what a world we live in.

As a child, I would smell the faint smell of refus and never knew where the smell came from.

As a teenager, I would smell the faint smell of the herb and KNEW where the smell came from.

Thanks, Dad! :up:

Fledermaus said:
From you, O.K.! I learned it from watching you!

How did you know that!!?

My older brother said that to my father when my father caught him poking smot! :eek:

Saying their wasting $40 or so on pot is all objective. Everything you buy that's not a bill is material, so it depends on what you value. Saying their giving up something important with that $40 is an opinion. One might spend that cash on a video game (well takes a bit more than 40), play it for one weekend and never pick the game up again. To the person that buys the pot with that money he might have smoked it with friends and had one of the most fun moments of his life and bring memories away with it.

For me I rarely smoke it, actually haven't in awhile and never found it addictive in all honesty. When I do it's with friends and first time I did I ended up laughing harder than I ever had before, and came away with some of the most random and funny **** I have ever encountered in a conversation in my life. My first time drinking with friends involved us standing around with slurred speech and a friend puking on another friends shoe. Actually my brothers always been more to himself, and I smoked pot with him once and he opened up far more, we've actually been like brothers since then, before I was lucky to get a grunt out of the guy.

I haven't ever smoked it. Not because I don't like the idea of drugs, but for the same reason that I almost never drink- I don't want to leave myself vulnerable like that. Having been attacked while sober, getting trashed feels too risky.

It is amusing seeing somebody sweating and paranoid desperately trying to 'act normal'

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"