The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Showdown Discussion Thread

GoblinScrier said:
The showdown I am hoping to see is the F4 fighting SS and doing their absolute best but falling a little short until Doom shows up, sneaks up behind the Surfer, and sucks his Cosmic Power dry and right into Doom. Now, Doom's a cosmic powered entity and begins to toy with the F4 until he tells them that they are beneath his notice and then he begins his march towards conquering the planet and after learning of Galactus, decides that he must destroy him as well and become a God....

....This says it all. If we don't get this, I will consume Tim Story.

Doctor of Doom said:
....This says it all. If we don't get this, I will consume Tim Story.

Nah, better to throw Story into a Latverian dungeon...

Still, I'm not sure if Galactus and Doom will battle or not...but this is not wishful thinking (although it is) but I really do believe that Doom will absorb the Silver Surfer's cosmic power and become a major threat in this film.

I think Story is bound to deliver in this movie and I hope it is longer than 90 mins and I hope it is at least 2 hours long...

The fight I want to see is one where Sue fights her Puritan sensibilities, defeats them, and does some nude sunbathing and hottubbing for a couple hours. At the end, she gets out of the hottub, looks at her hands, giggles and says, "Hee Hee, I have prune fingers!"

That would be a cool fight.

GoblinScrier said:
Still, I'm not sure if Galactus and Doom will battle or not...but this is not wishful thinking (although it is) but I really do believe that Doom will absorb the Silver Surfer's cosmic power and become a major threat in this film.

I agree. I bet it's Surfer who will release Doom from his current "condition", as he is able to rearrange molecules with the power cosmic, and Doom will of course, betray him and steal his power like in the comics.

That WOULD be wild if Doom usurps Galactus' powers as well. Did you ever read the original Secret Wars?

:doom: #1 :up:

CaptainStacy said:
I agree. I bet it's Surfer who will release Doom from his current "condition", as he is able to rearrange molecules with the power cosmic, and Doom will of course, betray him and steal his power like in the comics.

That WOULD be wild if Doom usurps Galactus' powers as well. Did you ever read the original Secret Wars?

:doom: #1 :up:

Agreed.

i do not think that doom will return because of silver surfer rearrange his molecules, if putting doom in that state was due to a rapid cool down after bathing in supernova heat, then the most logical thing to do is re heat himself to that temporature or the point of degrees that will allow him to soften and move, then remold his joints then cool down moderatly, and then plot his revenge. When he finds out about the ss he plans to steal his powers and does just that, but only after the surfer had given galactus the signal to feed and it is galactus that takes the power away from doom and restores the ss, only to find that the ss had already converted and is on the side of earth, this is when galactus confines him to this galaxy forever.

thats what i think.

:thing:

SeverianB said:
The fight I want to see is one where Sue fights her Puritan sensibilities, defeats them, and does some nude sunbathing and hottubbing for a couple hours. At the end, she gets out of the hottub, looks at her hands, giggles and says, "Hee Hee, I have prune fingers!"
That would be a cool fight.

FINALLY, someone's talking some sense! :woot:

And Beta 3, Galactus confines the Surfer to just Earth, not to this entire galaxy.

Malus said:
FINALLY, someone's talking some sense! :woot:

And Beta 3, Galactus confines the Surfer to just Earth, not to this entire galaxy.

Not for nothing man, but i could have sworn that he was exciled to either earth's solar system or the milkyway galaxy, and not beyond that. To forbid him to leave the earth would be to cruel for even Galactus. Can you prove that what you are stating is fact. I'm sure alot of us who are not sure or also heard what I have heard would like to see this proof just to put us at ease and to close this subject. I'm sure that a man of your vast ff archives can flash the verdict of the big G, in his own words.

:thing:

CaptainStacy said:
Sorry to hear that. I went through Hurricane Andrew so i know what its like.

You might consider ordering online;

www.amazon.com
Sorry about what you've been through too and thanks for the website to find more Marvel Fantastic Four comic books. What comic book number is the one with the title called "Coming of Galactus." Thanks!

coreymb16 said:
Sorry about what you've been through too and thanks for the website to find more Marvel Fantastic Four comic books. What comic book number is the one with the title called "Coming of Galactus." Thanks!
Fantastic Four #48 through #50, but i believe it's reprinted in Essential Fantastic Four Volume 3, which you can get for roundabout $15.00....

CaptainStacy said:
Fantastic Four #48 through #50, but i believe it's reprinted in Essential Fantastic Four Volume 3, which you can get for roundabout $15.00....
Wrote it down, Thanks! I'll see if my cousin has that or wait until I going on my vacation this Christmas Holiday. Thanks again!

The other one you want to read is important to this film too is F4 # 57 - 60 storyline where
Doom beats the SS and absorbs his Power Cosmic

GoblinScrier said:
The other one you want to read is important to this film too is F4 # 57 - 60 storyline where
Doom beats the SS and absorbs his Power Cosmic
Great, Thanks! can't you write back and tell me what is F4 #57 comic book is titled as or called?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"