The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Showdown Discussion Thread

coreymb16

Not a Side-Kick
Reaction score
Who do you want to see or hope fight each other in this movie?
How would you want the action sequence to go?
You want it to be at the beginning, middle, or end.

Every thing about who's fighting who is in this thread.
The two people I want to have a fight is the Silver Surfer and Johnny Storm in the sky.

The sequence starts when SS flying his way to Earth from space. SS is gliding in the sky and sees first target for him to kill and he kills two people in a helicopter. Then, the helicopter crashes Sue and Reed's wedding and Johnny(knowing him) wants to save the day and see who's causing this while Sue is holding the helicopter w/her powers. Johnny goes up into the sky,sees SS, throws fire balls at him. SS turns around and they both race toward each other creating power verses power w/a huge ball of power causing them to fall on the Empire State Building. They're fighting on the ESB but Johnny Storm realies that SS is so strong. SS slams THT with his power throwing him off the ESB, then The Thing soon catches him and takes him to the hospital while SS flies away.

This was at the beginning of the movie and THT tells them he never face a villian that was so strong. I know it's not great and all but it's just my opinion of what I want the sequence to be. Come up with your own.

PS: You can put pictures of who verses who.
Thanks and enjoy!
If they have a another closer to this, I'm sorry.

The showdown I am hoping to see is the F4 fighting SS and doing their absolute best but falling a little short until Doom shows up, sneaks up behind the Surfer, and sucks his Cosmic Power dry and right into Doom. Now, Doom's a cosmic powered entity and begins to toy with the F4 until he tells them that they are beneath his notice and then he begins his march towards conquering the planet and after learning of Galactus, decides that he must destroy him as well and become a God....

GoblinScrier said:
The showdown I am hoping to see is the F4 fighting SS and doing their absolute best but falling a little short until Doom shows up, sneaks up behind the Surfer, and sucks his Cosmic Power dry and right into Doom. Now, Doom's a cosmic powered entity and begins to toy with the F4 until he tells them that they are beneath his notice and then he begins his march towards conquering the planet and after learning of Galactus, decides that he must destroy him as well and become a God....
Wow! That's a good action sequence, it's better than mines, that'll be a good plot for the movie.

I want to see the Torch and the Surfer in a speed duel with the surfer toying with him before a duel culminating in a power conflagration over a city with the torch coming close to nova status in an attempt at taking down the surfer.

Interesting choices, I need more action sequences. Come on guys.

Had to vote "other".

Im hoping to see the FF and Surfer take on Galactus at the end of the film.

:ff: :ff: :ff: :ff: :up:

Why isnt Doom vs SS a choice?

And Galactus shows up at the very end of the movie.

That is what other is for and I get to see people other choices for action sequences. Also, I like your showdown with SS/DOOM. That would unlikely happen in the sequel but that would be cool.

This is real close to being a "versus" thread...More like a "multiple choice versus" thread...It's all very speculative and fantasy-based and has really nothing to do with this movie.
The premise reads more like something I'd find in a video games forum.

Malus said:
This is real close to being a "versus" thread...More like a "multiple choice versus" thread...It's all very speculative and fantasy-based and has really nothing to do with this movie.
The premise reads more like something I'd find in a video games forum.
What I'm really asking for people to do is make up action sequences of the movie they would like, just like mines. Can you make up one? If yes, that would be awesome, if no, you can just vote on the poll for who you want to see duke it out in the sequel.

coreymb16 said:
What I'm really asking for people to do is make up action sequences of the movie they would like, just like mines. Can you make up one? If yes, that would be awesome, if no, you can just vote on the poll for who you want to see duke it out in the sequel.

I understand what you're asking people to do.
I'm just saying this falls more into the vein of "fan fiction" (like your original post) and has nothing to do with the production of this film or speculation about said film, other than FF characters are named as "showdown choices."
And by the way, the Silver Surfer doesn't arrive looking for people to kill, and he certainly doesn't kill people.
"And he kills two people in a helicopter" shows a very basic misunderstanding of who the Silver Surfer is in the first place.

This reminds me of the awful FF1 video game that tallies up "kills" when you battle FF enemies.

But hey, what do I know? News this week is slow. Have fun.

GoblinScrier said:

:up: This would be awesome!!!

Malus said:
I understand what you're asking people to do.
I'm just saying this falls more into the vein of "fan fiction" (like your original post) and has nothing to do with the production of this film or speculation about said film, other than FF characters are named as "showdown choices."
And by the way, the Silver Surfer doesn't arrive looking for people to kill, and he certainly doesn't kill people.
"And he kills two people in a helicopter" shows a very basic misunderstanding of who the Silver Surfer is in the first place.

This reminds me of the awful FF1 video game that tallies up "kills" when you battle FF enemies.

But hey, what do I know? News this week is slow. Have fun.
It really doesn't matter, I just want people's thoughts. This is the spoilers section and these action sequences could likely happen in the film. This is about Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. If you don't like don't bother to criticize this thread and go somewhere else. I don't see anyone else complaining.

coreymb16 said:
It really doesn't matter, I just want people's thoughts. This is the spoilers section and these action sequences could likely happen in the film. This is about Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. If you don't like don't bother to criticize this thread and go somewhere else. I don't see anyone else complaining.
Sorry. but I'll call 'em as I see 'em.
You start off by having the Surfer kill characters :rolleyes: (what's "likely" about that scenario?) and expect no one to complain about what is essentially a "versus" thread?
You've been on the Hype for only a few days. Take a look around at what constitutes a worthwhile thread and perhaps take a clue.

As for me going "somewhere else" - I believe I already said: Have. Fun.

Ah, I'm just in a bad mood from spending two hours with my kid on his PS2 trying to figure how what the bad place is going on in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Malus said:
Sorry. but I'll call 'em as I see 'em.
You start off by having the Surfer kill characters :rolleyes: (what's "likely" about that scenario?) and expect no one to complain about what is essentially a "versus" thread?
You've been on the Hype for only a few days. Take a look around at what constitutes a worthwhile thread and perhaps take a clue.

As for me going "somewhere else" - I believe I already said: Have. Fun.

Ah, I'm just in a bad mood from spending two hours with my kid on his PS2 trying to figure how what the bad place is going on in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
Sorry, I get your point, so is there anyway I can delete this thread and where can I go to put a thread like this. I just wanted to see action sequences. I didn't want to argue with someone that has more experience than I do on comic books. I'm just starting to read the Marvel comic books that my cousin has. Sorry if it caused people problems because I'm new at this and I wanted to make everyone enjoy it.

PS: I'm sorry because I thought I've seen someone putting that SS kills when Galactus tell him.

Really, Thanks because I hadn't realize.

Great...Now I feel like I kicked Tiny Tim's crutch out from under him and everyone in Beford Falls is looking right at me.

:csad:

I really need to stop watching House.

Don't worry about it coreymb16,Malus is just grumpy but we still love the spellcheck king:woot::cwink:

Now my action sequence See's the torch thrown at a depowered Sue and her suit catches on fire,Reed quickly turns a near by sprinkler on her and she gets very wet as she de-suits into he undies
So now a underwear only,soaking wet Sue does battle in a kung fu fight with SS......Now THAT is an action sequence:woot:

On a serious note i'm actually interested in how they do the aerial battle between Torch and SS as well as seeing how they incorporate the Fantasticar into a sequence as i love a good chase:up:

hunter rider said:
Don't worry about it coreymb16,Malus is just grumpy but we still love the spellcheck king:woot::cwink:

Now my action sequence See's the torch thrown at a depowered Sue and her suit catches on fire,Reed quickly turns a near by sprinkler on her and she gets very wet as she de-suits into he undies
So now a underwear only,soaking wet Sue does battle in a kung fu fight with SS......Now THAT is an action sequence:woot:

On a serious note i'm actually interested in how they do the aerial battle between Torch and SS as well as seeing how they incorporate the Fantasticar into a sequence as i love a good chase:up:
Thanks, I like Malus's threads to and if he do another I'll be the first one to post, same goes for you to.

hunter rider said:

Thanks, I like Malus's threads to and if he do another I'll be the first one to post, same goes for you to.

Sorry yet again for the double post. It happens everytime I forgot to put but pressed the X button to stop loading and it still goes through.

I would like to see Johnny Storm aka "Human Torch" vs. Silver Surfer. Massive CGI fight.

coreymb16 said:
Sorry, I get your point, so is there anyway I can delete this thread and where can I go to put a thread like this. I just wanted to see action sequences. I didn't want to argue with someone that has more experience than I do on comic books. I'm just starting to read the Marvel comic books that my cousin has. Sorry if it caused people problems because I'm new at this and I wanted to make everyone enjoy it.

PS: I'm sorry because I thought I've seen someone putting that SS kills when Galactus tell him.

Really, Thanks because I hadn't realize.

Corey; let me suggest you drop by your local book store and ask for Essential Fantastic Four Volume One, and maybe Essential Silver Surfer as well. These will bring you up to speed on the characters and their various details. The only drawback is they're black and white (not unlike the daily comics section in the newspaper), but they're a relatively cheap way to learn about FF and Surfer history.

Anyway, welcome to the Fantastic Four forum, and dont be a stranger. :up:

CaptainStacy said:
Corey; let me suggest you drop by your local book store and ask for Essential Fantastic Four Volume One, and maybe Essential Silver Surfer as well. These will bring you up to speed on the characters and their various details. The only drawback is they're black and white (not unlike the daily comics section in the newspaper), but they're a relatively cheap way to learn about FF and Surfer history.

Anyway, welcome to the Fantastic Four forum, and dont be a stranger. :up:
Thanks, but we no longer have a bookstore because of Hurricane Katrina and everything got totally destroyed. They won't fix it back anytime soon. Thanks anyway, but I'll probably get some on my vacation for Christmas in Detroit and see if I can get some.

coreymb16 said:
Thanks, but we no longer have a bookstore because of Hurricane Katrina and everything got totally destroyed. They won't fix it back anytime soon. Thanks anyway, but I'll probably get some on my vacation for Christmas in Detroit and see if I can get some.

Sorry to hear that. I went through Hurricane Andrew so i know what its like.

You might consider ordering online;

www.amazon.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"