The Fault In Our Stars

Did anyone else find the dialogue just...awkward?

Don't care about the movie at all (Don't like John Green as a writer. Love him as a person and YouTube show host though!) but I would watch it just for Shai.:hrt:

Looks like a Tumblr fantasy. Not interested.

Looks like a Tumblr fantasy. Not interested.

all tumblr-ness aside. it is a great book. it was a book of the year winner in 2012 i believe.

i love that Gus has the Rik Smits jersey :up:

Yeah but that's still the impression the trailer is giving off. All the girls at school are fawning over it, obviously :funny:

more likely because they've read it. of everyone ive talked to, those of us who have read it see it a lot differently than those who have not read it. but i don't want to spoil it for those who have not read it and say why

Seems kind of run of the mill by the way they edited the trailer, by then again I thought the same before I read the book, I wish they didn't show any footage at all when [BLACKOUT]they're in Amsterdam though.[/BLACKOUT]

Saw the preview, was bored.

Though it DID make me glad that this girl isnt Mary Jane in Spider-Man. She's just.....unfortunate looking.

She's good looking. Maybe she wast right for Mary Jane where she looked extremely awkward with the wig on, but she's not ugly either.

With her Mary Jane look, I'm just shocked they couldn't come up with a better style for the wig. I guess she couldn't have bangs due to Gwen but still.

The extended trailer
[YT]AuVjGbncgQE[/YT]
Promotion for The Fault In Our Stars has just started. There is also an early screening in New York tomorrow.
tumblr_n4vzq1SHWs1qef3ewo1_250.png
tumblr_n4vzq1SHWs1qef3ewo4_250.png

heard people cried - I mean CRiED - at the other screenings.

I wouldn't doubt that. I know for a fact that I'm going to get choked up.
I know it's a chick flick and all but it does have really emotional scenes. The trailer sort of reminds me of The Spectacular Now (with Shailene Woodley as well) because both trailers seem very happy and cheesy but the actual content is pretty depressing.

The Spectacular Now was a great movie. It's a shame it got such a limited release.

Yeah, it means that 'Fault' is doing it's job by creating an emotional experience. Shailene is on a roll.

heck, i cried reading the book lol

The movie script left more of an impact on me. I know it was missing stuff from the book but I cried more with the script because I actually pictured the movie. Does that make sense? Probably not. But either way, this movie will surely bring some tears to the YA audience.
I'm excited for this movie but I don't see it doing well critic wise.

i'm hoping the critics will appreciate this for what it is. the subject matter is such a somber topic, but it shows that there are good times as well as bad, and doesn't just focus on all the bad

It looks like the movie will do well, I hope. A summer release is strange for a movie like this though.

It looks like the movie will do well, I hope. A summer release is strange for a movie like this though.

It's classic counter programming for the summertime, not surprised.

Did anyone else find the dialogue just...awkward?
Yes, this along with the other movie "If I Stay" show teenager's talking the way NO TEENAGER talks lol

"You can't hide in that room forever, I see you." :lmao:

I have to see this as my brother is in love with Miss Woodley. The dialogue seems a bit too refined for teens, but it looks okay to me. The actors are talented.

You can't really say that NO teenager talks like that when you don't know every single teenager on the planet, simple as that.

Green's dialogue has a unique style to it, I can see why it sounds awkward to some, but not every teenager is a dumbass.

You can't really say that NO teenager talks like that when you don't know every single teenager on the planet, simple as that.

Green's dialogue has a unique style to it, I can see why it sounds awkward to some, but not every teenager is a dumbass.
It isn't that they are smart, it is that they talk like they are Yoda. Hundreds of years of experience, that is probably impossible to stuff into one human being, let alone an 18 year old.

Then their is there uncanny poignancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"