Sequels The New Mutants - Josh Boone to Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
X-men films have history now of hiring game of thrones actors with peter dinklage and sophie turner.hiring maisie williams after finally getting recongization form emmys would be good move.

the rumored cast in general would be superb. After seeing THE WITCH, Anya Taylor-Joy is Illyana Rasputine come to life!

But Dani Moonstar is actually the true main character in Claremont's New Mutants run. Hope they will try to cast a great Native American actress for the role and make sure she will be the central character in the movie as well. Unfortunately the X-Men movie franchise has been horrible (borderline racist) so far when it comes to women of color. Finger's crossed they will try extra hard to get Psyche right!

latest

Last edited:
http://collider.com/jennifer-lawren...utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

James dropping an interesting tidbit about how he doesn't know his involvement in New Mutants, but apparently an actress who signed on does and told him. So major casting might be in the bag as McWeeny suggested.

So, a trailer for Split came out the other day with McAvoy and Anya Taylor Joy as the leads. I truly hope it was her that was telling him about the project. I recently finally rewatched The Witch, and ATJ is really magnetic in that movie. She's also doing Morgan and with Split, seems like she's doing a lot of horror type movies.

It's minor, but did anyone else notice Josh Boone retweeting a post from IDW Limited related to The New Mutants?

https://twitter.com/joshboonemovies

Extremely minor and could be nothing, especially since it's unrelated to the film, but it's something.

It's probably nothing, he's been RT'ing a lot of those tweets regarding the limited releases of Sienkiewicz's New Mutants run. He's also tweeted how that's his favorite run as well so he'll probably take some visual inspiration from that, but that tweet itself probably doesn't mean anything.

His did like a tweet that wished Anya Taylor Joy was cast as Illyana, so maybe that's something.

His did like a tweet that wished Anya Taylor Joy was cast as Illyana, so maybe that's something.

Well i don't see why he would like a tweet like that unless there was some truth to the casting

X-men films have history now of hiring game of thrones actors with peter dinklage and sophie turner.hiring maisie williams after finally getting recongization form emmys would be good move.

By that trajectory they should get Emilia Clarke on board. Actually that wouldn't be half bad, she does have a presence on screen.

By that trajectory they should get Emilia Clarke on board. Actually that wouldn't be half bad, she does have a presence on screen.

In Game of Thrones, absolutely. In things like Terminator: Sega Genisys, not so much.

The fact that the three have worked together before hopefully bodes well for the film, even though there's not much correlation between them working together and how they'd approach an X-Men story.

well that writing team excels and teen/young adult based stories with critical acclaim with Fault In Our Stars,Spectacular Now,500 Days Of Summer

Boone and Lee were a few drafts in last time I checked, so I wonder if they're working off what he already has done and finishing it up? Would definitely indicate things are ramping up for the film. Boone said he was also in the middle of casting for Revival, so the sooner that gets done the sooner we will be closer to New Mutants.

I still think this film is set in the present day.

past rumors suggest it will be in past with mcavoy and possibly shipp appearing.

Or McAvoy and Alex can just be present day Charles and Storm, no big. But this film might be used to bridge the time gap in between flagship films so...

Or McAvoy and Alex can just be present day Charles and Storm, no big. But this film might be used to bridge the time gap in between flagship films so...

present day Xavier is in his 80s. That would be REALLY stretching the imagination with McAvoy still in the role

No big? LOL. :funny:

It would take a MASSIVE dose of suspension of disbelief to ask the audience to buy into McAvoy playing Charles Xavier as an old man. They were already pushing it with him in Apocalypse, as middle aged Xavier. Even Storm in this continuity would be approaching fifty, in present day. Xavier would be well into his eighties.

Yeah, but considering how the OT is probably done with the last Wolverine we're gonna eventually have to deal with the younger cast playing older, so might as well get that whole not-aging thing over with. It is a big suspension of disbelief, but it'll probably happen sooner or later.

Yeah, but considering how the OT is probably done with the last Wolverine we're gonna eventually have to deal with the younger cast playing older, so might as well get that whole not-aging thing over with. It is a big suspension of disbelief, but it'll probably happen sooner or later.

We don't have to deal with anything. At this point, everything is on the table. Asking McAvoy to play Xavier in present day, would be mind numbingly stupid.

It will probably be set in the 80s or 90s, I imagine they already decided on this a while ago especially if mcavoy is in the movie, kinberg has pretty much said xavier will be in it so it's either mcavoy or Stewart, rumour suggests it's mcavoy and he was told he is in it by an actress involved with the project. Stewart apparently believes Wolverine 3 could be his last so he hasn't heard anything unlike with DOFP where he was told he would be in wolverine 3.

One possible reason it will be set in the past is probably so they can use a young sunspot rather then retcon him younger after DOFP especially when it's meant to be a film about young mutants so it just adds up to put it in the past and also I doubt they care or think it matters all that much if it's in the past, it doesn't stop them making movies about these characters which is what this is all about, not about parent day stuff.

It's like wolverine 3, it's very likely to be set after the future ending of DOFP and then another few years after that also, they ain't worried that it should be kept in the present, no they ahead to what kinberg has called a futuristic Western feel.

Last edited:
I still think this film is set in the present day.

I still hope it is. I don't know how far out a confirmation will be, but it'd be good to know what we are dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"