First Avenger 'The First Avenger: Captain America' Gets Release Date(s) Set!

thejon93

Forever Haunted
Reaction score
Great news we all recieved from 'Marvel Studios' today, but (of course), the one that has me most excited is indeed 'The First Avenger: Captain America'. Where it's slated for a release around: May 6, 2011 - July 22, 2011. Now, here's my suggestion to 'Marvel': RELEASE 'CAPTAIN AMERICA' ON JULY 4th, OF THAT YEAR!!! Dispite my bickering, I'm sure 'Marvel' will be smart and release 'Captain America' on the 4th of July weekend, and I'm sure that that'll generate some big-bucks; enough to make "Mr. Fourth Of July(Will Smith)" crap in his trousers.

July 22, 2011
^ That is the new release date

May 6, 2011
^ That is the old release date

The date has already been set

I'm happy as a pig in ****e that they have picked a release date and set it in stone...now let's get on with the Casting Already!! I want to either be excited about whomever they picked... or seething and ready to vent :D

Rage

Friday July 1st would be pretty smart. But I'm just happy that we're finally getting a Captain America movie in the first place.

I'm pretty sure Marvel will move the dates atleast once more. So I hope Cap gets a 4th of July release, why wouldn't Marvel put it there in the first place. As far as I know there's nothing there.

forthajuly weekend. i can smell it. lol.

Friday July 1st would be pretty smart. But I'm just happy that we're finally getting a Captain America movie in the first place.
That'd be very smart as well. The film can have it's opening earn(possibly) around a 70-80 million dollar opening, and gain a big boost afterwards. In other words, I'm expecting this to be huge.

make sure to release it on a non-busy weekend.. especially if there ends up being mostly unknowns in the roles, they're going to need some non-star-heavy competition...

Maybe some Marvel execs are bickering that fourth of July is too contrived and people will be away anyways and they won't do good business there. Otherwise I expect an immediate change in the coming weeks/months.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/17/michael-bay-says-no-way-to-transformers-3-release-date/

It looks like Transformers 3 will not hold the July 1 date after all.

Wait a minute! I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots.

Unless Paramount is playing games and using a bigger franchise to hold the spot so that Cap can slip in the back door!!!!

Maybe there was a method to the madness from the getgo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"