The first pictures.

i'm happy with it all =) and i think the gunga diner looks awesome.

Incredible! It actually looks much better than I'd imagined. WOW.

BTW, I think they gave Rorschach the leather coat because they just look better on film. Kinda like how they all wore leather coats in the Sin City movie? I don't think it's quite a deal breaker for me.

me neither. i think it'll be fine. and the gunga diner doesn't look how it does in the comics, but that doesn't bother me. i actually like the change. you are gonna change some things, and that's fine, as long as they aren't drastic or unreasonable.

Hmm. I'm waiting to see what it looks like on film. I was expecting (and hoping) for something a little more... real in feel. I look at these pictures and end up reminded of Burton's Gotham from B89. But maybe that's just me. On film it might have that real edge that I'm looking for.

Otherwise, as far as the loving recreation of detail is concerned, they've done a phenomenal job.

Those pics are awesome! Can't believe how close he is getting the sets to look like the book. I also get that Burton's Gotham feel as well Agentsands77. I'm sure it will be different when you actualy watch it.

yeah but the buildings are supposed to be "futuristic" without being futuristic. they won't be all gothic and strange like burton's batman. but i know what you mean as far as the dirtiness and stuff goes. but i think that's a good thing.

man that is awesome. Hope this movie turns out beyond expectations.

Incredible! It actually looks much better than I'd imagined. WOW.

BTW, I think they gave Rorschach the leather coat because they just look better on film. Kinda like how they all wore leather coats in the Sin City movie? I don't think it's quite a deal breaker for me.
It isn't leather. It is just really wet. Look at the ground.

yeah i think you're right CBB. I thought it was blood, but then i realized the ground was wet too.

Richard Nixon should look more Richard Nixon like - but everything else is pretty awesome.

Though I wish the small black kid that has a pirate fetish looked less nerdy and less old :(

Rorshach! The Bernies! Gunga Diner! Hollis...maybe! Rorshach!

Here comes the nitpicking. I think it looks fantastic and there really isn't anything to complain about here in my opinion.

yeah, now that there is something, there is something for people to complain about. but i also dont see anything to complain about.

You just inspired me to look for the GLBT poster that gets put up on the news vendor's wall... not there. :csad:

No, but if you look in the picture of the bus stop, you can see the Pink Triangle poster behind it. It wasn't forgotten. Everything looks fantastic so far, I think. I can't wait.

112607-backlot02-big.jpg

Veidt Sport is on the left side of the bus stop.

I can't quite make out what's on the poster. Looks like a screaming dude.

Hmm. I'm waiting to see what it looks like on film. I was expecting (and hoping) for something a little more... real in feel. I look at these pictures and end up reminded of Burton's Gotham from B89. But maybe that's just me. On film it might have that real edge that I'm looking for.

Otherwise, as far as the loving recreation of detail is concerned, they've done a phenomenal job.

That shot of Treasure Island looks like they were on location in the village to me. Bernie's stand looks legitimate as well. The thing that bugs me is the cars. More specifically: their exhaust.

That shot of Treasure Island looks like they were on location in the village to me. Bernie's stand looks legitimate as well. The thing that bugs me is the cars. More specifically: their exhaust.
i wasn't sure if it was covered in the book, are ALL the cars electric?

cuz mason's shop still works on older cars. so some people probably still have old cars. but i hope we see some cool post-manhattan Watchmen-style cars.

they may take out the exhaust in post. they can't spend money to buy a bunch of electric cars for the shoot and then modify them. it's got some money, but not THAT much money. but we'll see. that's only the first car we've seen.

****ING HELL! I love this.
Look at all the dirt lying around! The Who Watches The Watchmen graffiti! The posters!

Its not a major issue to me,but it did make something click with me: there is no public spark hydrant next to the newsstand.
maybe (because of the practicalities of electric cars) they are going to go the different route and have them mainly being used by the rich & shameless?

I'm so glad The Bernies are in the movie, last I heard they weren't in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"