The Frelling "FARSCAPE" Thread!

Spuzz

The Spuzziest of Spuzzes
Reaction score
Farscape might be my favortie sci-fi show ever made. It's clever, fun, moving, imaginative, and memorable. Any other Scapers on here?

farscape-comic-con-2.jpg

The best science fiction television show in history, in my view. Sorry BSG.

Boom! Thank you. Good to meet another FS fan.

Those who watch only the pilot or first few episodes are sure to think Farscape is as cliche as scifi shows come. Give it more time and you will see that its plot is GENIUS.

The way the show approached out of the box, mind trip episodes made me giddy as all hell.

Scorpius was one hell of a character. Did you have a favorite character/episode?

I´d have to agree that this is probably the best sci-fi series ever made. The characters and the setting were just incredible and so different from most other shows.

I've recently started watching the series again and plan to go through it completely this summer :)

The show is not without cliches, but the show is so cleverly aware of those cliches that it becomes part of the show's genius.

I had to struggle through most of the first season. Episode 20 finally hooked me. Loved season 2. Season 3 and 4 were pretty good. Absolutely hated the Peacekeeper Wars. Such a letdown, and in no way a proper compensation for the last minute unbexpected cancellation of Season 5. Its too bad Netflix took this down, because I was wanting to go back through it.

There really hasn't been a show like this since. Its such a bizarre brand of sci-fi.

They're in the middle of a re-watch over at Tor. They just started S3.

(http://www.tor.com/features/series/farscape-rewatch-on-torcom)

I've been following along since the beginning cuz I love the show, and I just happened to have started working my way through my DVDs a little before it started. (Second time through the show, first time through my own DVDs. My first time watching was on my brother's DVDs and only watched the shows. This time through I'm watching all the extras as well.)

Have the complete series. Love every bit of it. First season is a bit of a chore to get through but still great. I wouldn't say it's the best or even my single favorite but it is most definitely ONE of my all time favorite series

I wish they would do the web shows...but I guess it's time to give up on Farscape.

=(

Well, its not like the actors have anything going on. It wouldn't be the same tho without D'Argo or Rigel (RIP Jonathan Hardy:().

Well, its not like the actors have anything going on.

Hey, that's not true, Ben Browder is really busy.

When he's done detailing my car, I'm giving him an extra $200 to put on a Captain America costume for my nephew's birthday.

My nephew is 22. I don't know why I said that openly, but it's out there now. :(

Love the show. Recently got the entire series on DVD...will start rewatching it soon.

Haha! Scorpy looks so funny there and Chiana looks like she's right outta the Bettlejuice cartoon lol

The show is not without cliches, but the show is so cleverly aware of those cliches that it becomes part of the show's genius.

That's probably one of the reasons I love that show, just that it doesn't take itself too serious.
It is probably my all-time fave sci-fi show.

If it happens that would be good. I was hoping after Peacekeeper Wars they'd do more movies but they never did.

That's cool. I wonder which characters they could bring back realistically (hopefully all the creatures weren't sold on e-bay already).

All of these old show resurrections is awesome. Whats next I wonder

That's cool. I wonder which characters they could bring back realistically (hopefully all the creatures weren't sold on e-bay already).

They'd have to make new ones even if they still had the old props. Puppets like that tend to be made from material that doesn't age well. The sets were also all struck, which is fine... all the sets had to be rebuilt for The Peacekeeper Wars anyway. The Moya sets that were used on the show were falling apart and barely usable by the end of the fourth season.

They'd have to make new ones even if they still had the old props. Puppets like that tend to be made from material that doesn't age well. The sets were also all struck, which is fine... all the sets had to be rebuilt for The Peacekeeper Wars anyway. The Moya sets that were used on the show were falling apart and barely usable by the end of the fourth season.

Cool. I want Rygel to have a toupee, or at least an elaborate combover like Christian Bale in American Hustle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"