The 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Franchise

Agreed. I was completely bored. Even Fede's directing was weak to me as some of the camera work and editing was poor. And wow did the trailers ruin anything that was meant to be a surprise in this film. Claire just didn't feel like Lisbeth the way Noomi and Rooney did, the score was generic trash, they turned it into an action spy film and didn't even execute that well, Mikel Blomkvist feels absolutely useless here. Really guys? You got rid of Fincher, Mara, Craig, Reznor and Ross, and skipped part 2 & 3 for this?

I am not going to blame Claire Foy for this. I don't think this Lisbeth felt like the character to me, but I partly put that on the direction of the movie. It wasn't geered toward making her Lisbeth the character from the books, it wanted her to be an action hero. That put her at an immediate disadvantage.

The Girl in the Spider’s Web. Generic is not a word that should be used to describe Lisbeth Salander, but this comes close. It feels like it tries to be a Lisbeth Salander movie and a straightforward James Bond ish spy thriller at the same time, with pseudo Bond villains with a Bond villain plot and even borrowing a page from Spectre with evil Female Blofeld being the heroine’s sister, and it ends up just being mediocre at both things it’s trying to be. Claire Foy is fine, but it’s like the difference between Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore as Clarice Starling, with Rooney Mara getting far meatier material. Sylvia Hoeks is a pretty shallow albeit striking-looking villain until her poignant monologue in the final confrontation which is a well acted moment between her and Foy. This Mikael and his dynamic with Lisbeth is very shallow too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"