The Hangover

Saw this on DVD the other day. Eh, I didn't think it was that funny. Sure there were some hilarious moments (like the mattress on the hotel, the used condom, the taser scene, etc), but I was expecting more. The movie overall seemed kinda "serious" for a comedy actually. :dry:

I was still entertained though, I just thought it could've been funnier. The 3 main guys did a great job playing off each other without looking like cardboard characters at the same time (which happens so often in comedies these days). And I gotta give props to Bradley Cooper, he was pretty cool in this. I think he could totally play The Joker in a Batman movie if they ever had to re-cast - there's just something about his eyes that make him look like he could completely flip out and go crazy.

Oh and Heather Graham is still totally hot. :awesome:

Saw this on DVD the other day. Eh, I didn't think it was that funny. Sure there were some hilarious moments (like the mattress on the hotel, the used condom, the taser scene, etc), but I was expecting more. The movie overall seemed kinda "serious" for a comedy actually. :dry:

I'll give you the taser scene no doubt but...did you really find the bed and the condom scenes "hilarious"?

I bought this movie the other day on blu ray co's it was going pretty cheap. It wasn't a bad movie by any means, but let's just say I'm glad I got it for $19. It felt to me like it was trying far to hard to be funny rather than letting it come. It was almost like Todd Phillips knew he created gold with Old School & just thought he could do that again & it'd be funny. I did like the bearded guy though, he was probably the most consistantly funniest guy of the bunch. The asian guy from knocked up & role models jumping out of the trunk was hilarious, really good scene there. Overall it was to me a passable & enjoyable comedy but I don't understand the whole, BEST COMEDY EVER!!, rep that it seems to be getting.

7.5/10

Steve

I'll give you the taser scene no doubt but...did you really find the bed and the condom scenes "hilarious"?

Ok not really, I was just pulling a blank on the funnier scenes for some weird reason and those made me chuckle. ;)

But now that I think about it, I just didn't find some of the recurring gags in this movie to be that funny - like the tiger, Stu's missing tooth, Mike Tyson, the Chinese guy and his accent, etc. I laughed at stuff more like Alan's wolfpack speech, when the guys found out the baby's name was Tyler, the random comment about Halley's Comet, Phil's "Lady, you have an amazing rack....I shoulda been a cop!" line, etc. And definitely the ending montage. :wow:

Personally i thought Zach Gafliniakis ( sp ?) innocent yet idiotic comments were most effective

Like haley's comment :hehe:

hehe yea he was the funniest character. Cooper was cool but the other guy (can't remember his name, says it all) with the broken tooth just pissed me off.

YES!

I have no sympathy for a man who puts up with a woman like his wife for longer than 2 minutes. :D

When he finally told her what was what at the end was cool though. ****ing *****!

So there is sequel? Cool this was one of the funniest movie I watched.

I saw this for the first time about a week ago and I though it was hilarious.

I'm glad they're making a sequel.

Helms' girlfriend is hot. I don't know why I think so highly of her. Her character was a turnoff in this movie but whenever I see her anywhere else I go nuts

So there is sequel? Cool this was one of the funniest movie I watched.

They just finalized the deals for the cast to return for "The Hangover 2,". They're supposed to begin shooting in the Fall (October or November) for a Summer 2011 release.

In terms of the story, the only thing the director has said is that the guys ARE NOT going to Singapore or Mexico as has been rumored.

It'll be fun to see these characters again. :woot:

Just watched this the other day and it was pretty funny. The best part about the movie was the guy with the beard. If it hadn't been for him the movie would have sucked.

I cracked up when he says, "ret-ard" instead of "re-tard". Also, when he would imitate Bradly Cooper's character. lol

I absolutely HATE the actor/character that pulled his tooth out. He was on the Daily Show and I hated him there also. He just isn't funny to me.

It was good to see Heather Graham still looking hot.

Graham lost too much weight for me. When she pulls that boobie out I was disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"