You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

While we're at it, why don't we imagine the sun was green, Superman wore pink and orange, and it rained Hershey Bar's every afternoon too? It would be the same thing.

Neither scenario EVER happened, and are ridiculous to imagine. Even for a "moment"....

There isn't any point imagining those things you just mentioned while mine did.

The point is that its a ridiculous notion that the actor who will ultimately be chosen to play the character should be American.

However I think my previous post makes this clear so I shouldn't have to explain this to you if you would just be willing for a moment to use your imagination especially since any discussion of a future Superman movie requires it.

look, I love Cavill, and hopefully he pulls off a great American accent when he is inevitably cast as Superman in Nolan's version, but let me ask you all this: WOULD YOU CAST AN AMERICAN AS HARRY POTTER?!?!?!?!?!??!

Yes I would, but then I never got the whole "actors need to be the same nationality as their characters" argument.

It's funny how you think some of us are willing to compromise on the casting of our favorite superhero but would balk at doing the same for Harry Potter. :oldrazz: :cwink:

it really should be a fun ride once we are in the thick of casting this time.

There isn't any point imagining those things you just mentioned while mine did.

Yours did what? It DIDN'T happen, and could NEVER happen.

Christopher Reeve was American, not British. So imagining ANYTHING ELSE is ridiculous, and quite absurd.

The point is that its a ridiculous notion that the actor who will ultimately be chosen to play the character should be American.

And the fact someone doesn't agree means we should "imagine" ludicrous scenarios that are impossible by nature?

Okay....

However I think my previous post makes this clear so I shouldn't have to explain this to you if you would just be willing for a moment to use your imagination especially since any discussion of a future Superman movie requires it.

No, your post was a failed attempt at being "witty".

Nothing more, nothing less.

Yours did what? It DIDN'T happen, and could NEVER happen.

Christopher Reeve was American, not British. So imagining ANYTHING ELSE is ridiculous, and quite absurd.

Your opinion. The point was lost on your lack of imagination but no worries because I wasn't trying to get my point across to you.

And the fact someone doesn't agree means we should "imagine" ludicrous scenarios that are impossible by nature?

If imagining Chris Reeve was British for the point I was making is impossible for you then imagining an Alien from Krypton is going to rock your world. Now who is being ludicrous?

Okay....

No, your post was a failed attempt at being "witty".

Nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe, or maybe not. However yours is a successful attempt at being a closed minded pompous azz.

Congrats!:up:

Last edited:
Just imagine for a moment that Chris Reeve was British.

Donner: Mr. Reeve, thanks for your interest in the role and you looked fantastic in the suit and your screen test was remarkable. You actually made me believe that a man could fly. But you see...you're British and we are really looking for an American.

Reeve: Uh, I thought Superman was Kryptonian.

Donner: Well that is true but see, he was sent to America and he grew up as American so...

Reeve: So, shouldn't you be looking for an alien actor who moved to America?

Donner: Well Chris, thats kind of a ridiculous suggestion don't you think?

Reeve: :dry:

Awesome post! :woot:

This version has to be truly different from all previous versions in order to truly work.. I wouls start with Clark using his powers clandestinly and not wanting to be in the public eye.It is only when he is discovered that he creates the Superman persona. Keep his origin secret till the 2nd act! Have Brainiac impersonate Jor-el! This would be simular to V the new series intro.Brainiac playing the Anna role as Earth's savior.He twists Clark by using his heritage against him,even claiming to be Jor-el himself. He tries to recruit Clark to join him in saving Earth from itself. Luthor is Brainiacs PR man.

Great idea! I love V, best alien invasion story i've seen on TV in recent years. very character driven. I like your idea. I had a similar idea of how Superman Returns could've been handled here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=335798

Raybia I get your point.

Pretty simple. It would be really stupid if they decided to not cast christopher reeve because he was british (in his fake scenario) despite being perfect for the role.

Which can be directly translated to it would be stupid to not cast henry cavill as superman even if he screen tests perfect for the role just because he is british.

Just because it never happened doesn't mean the point wasn't made.:doh:

Raybia I get your point.

Pretty simple. It would be really stupid if they decided to not cast christopher reeve because he was british (in his fake scenario) despite being perfect for the role.

Which can be directly translated to it would be stupid to not cast henry cavill as superman even if he screen tests perfect for the role just because he is british.

I honestly don't think the post had anything related to Cavil in it. Just that it's absurd to not cast someone simply b/c they're british. That goes for any british actor even Cavill or australian or any non-american actually. That's what the poster was trying to establish.

Agreed but the whole conversation started because some one said they didn't want Cavill as Superman because he wasn't american.

wow really sorry for getting this argument started. and guys seriously, we all need to chill out, cuz this is all about ideas for what we think wud make good Superman movies, and there is no need to get in ppl's faces if u disagree with someone. raybia especially u need to chill, no ones trying to prove anything here

Raybia I get your point.

wow really sorry for getting this argument started. and guys seriously, we all need to chill out, cuz this is all about ideas for what we think wud make good Superman movies, and there is no need to get in ppl's faces if u disagree with someone. raybia especially u need to chill, no ones trying to prove anything here

glofty, there is no need for you to apologize. If you read my original post you will see I was attempting to make a point that the poster above was able to understand while unfortunately the poster who took exception to my post did not. It happens...all of the time.

Regardless, in all of my years I've been on these boards I have never had an infraction by the mods so I think all is well.

Discussion, debate and persuasion of one's views are a way of life around here and if things do get out of hand, as they do from time to time, our moderators are excellent at doing their job in keeping the peace.

Anyway keep posting and welcome to the Hype! :up:

raybia

Last edited:
Yea we all have our many different opinion on things.

Just watched the incredible new promotional trailer for the DC Universe online game and THAT'S the Superman I want to see in this film. He appears from about 3:25 onwards. He's very much the angry God in this trailer, but even the shots of his powers and superspeed/flight are awesome ........... someone you really would be scared to mess with.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102362-DC-Universe-Online-Trailer-Unmasks-Epic-Dark-Plot

supermandconline.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"