The Hip Hop Mayor Of Detroit

The idea that African American politicians have a monopoly in certain cities isn't too far off base. Washington, DC has never had a white mayor since the district was granted a mayoral office in the 1970s. While I think it's an extreme generalization to say that African Americans only elect these guys because of their race, I think race is a major factor into who votes for whom in many cities.

No ...it's not extreme. It's that no one wants to say it.

No, I think Hip-Hop has a value-system. Some of them include instant gratification, not planning ahead, being anti-establishment, lazy, what-about-me mentality, mistreating the opposite gender, blaming the "man" while your right hand is stuck in the cookie jar....so he embodies these values and he has produced results we should have all expected.

A bit off topic, but I had an interesting conversation the other day. The hip culture encourages the youth to do drugs, resort to violence, etc. Blames "the man" for everything, and yet so few realize that the rappers have become "the man." Look at Sean Combs. He claims to be a crusader for under privledged African Americans. How many factories for his clothing line are in the Bronx or Harlem? If he made his clothes in those areas, thousands of jobs would be created for underprivledged African Americans. But he doesn't. He'd rather pay a child in Taiwan 4 cents an hour. Yet his fans will dump hundreds if not thousands of dollars each year into his clothing line. He is exploiting his fans far worse than any white man could by convincing them that they are being "anti-establishment" by following these so-called "hip hop values" when in reality it is destroying their lives .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"