The History of Batman Killing in the Comics

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Travesty, Apr 3, 2016.

1. shauner111 Registered

Why shouldn't it be brought up?

You didn't write NO DISCUSSION in your original post. Anybody should be allowed to look at each photo, and dissect it.

#26 shauner111, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. FunkMiller Failed Experiment

I have a feeling the forum would collapse under its weight.

3. Slushy Registered

Batman is more interesting without his One Rule since Superman is the goody two shoes of DC.

theMan-Bat likes this.
  4. Travesty Registered

lol, of course you can, but so far, the vast majority of you guys have seemed to missed the point. If you want to have a crazy debate on semantics, over what constitutes "history" or "killing", go for it. It still doesn't change the fact that you've missed the point of the thread.

But ok, for the sake of the "discussion", I'll bite: why is it ok for some of you if Batman kills a monster, alien or some sort of creature, but not a human? Is it only human beings, and human beings alone?

5. TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

I disagree. Superman usually has all these powers at his disposal and doesn't kill is a good choice and all, but the fact Batman doesn't just arm himself and blow away as many criminals as possible because he doesn't have powers makes him a lot more interesting. Batman has the choice to give himself power of a sort, but he chooses not to so as not to be like the ones who made him in the first place.

6. batfreakforever A real fan

Batman can kill depending on what story they want to tell. Good call on people getting upset over batman killing humans but not getting upset on him killing lots of other creatures and monsters and aliens.

7. Reek _____

i once saw batman use a can of raid on an anthill. cause **** ants

8. Electricmastro Registered

I’m just finding it amusing how far some people will go to move goalposts and use mental gymnastics to make Batman killing 100% wrong 100% of the time, regardless of self-defense, and regardless of it being indirect or “canon.” Haha.