The Hype TV Club

I’m currently watching Yellowstone but would be up for Yellowjackets next. I’m starting to like yellow…

Also…Succession is the greatest show ever, I would pick it if I wasn’t caught up with all episodes already.
Nice. Everyone I’ve heard from has recommended it so far. Somehow I didn’t know about this show at all until a couple of weeks ago.

Also only shows starting with yellow for you or would Orange is the New Black/Black Lightning/Blue Bloods be ok? :D

Nice. Everyone I’ve heard from has recommended it so far. Somehow I didn’t know about this show at all until a couple of weeks ago.

Also only shows starting with yellow for you or would Orange is the New Black/Black Lightning/Blue Bloods be ok? :D

I’m cool with all of the above :word:

Febuary.png

Any Hype members are welcome to join us in our viewing of these shows. We will be using this thread to discuss our shows.

The only rules are

• Last week of the month we will nominate and vote for a new show.
  • Only shows with unanimous vote will be selected.
  • Only the first season is required for the monthly viewing. If a show has multiple seasons.
  • Each show should have a minimum of 8 episodes per season, if not, we will watch S1&2.
  • ALL spoilers must be tagged as such, as none of us have seen these shows before aka don't be a jerk.
  • Any posts not following the spoiler rule will be subject to deletion.

In this thread we will be talking about our viewing experiences with the show. You all are welcome to join, so we'll talk about what we like and/or dislike about the show we're watching.

So let's watch some Succession!

What is Succession?
Power, politics, money...it's all in the family in this provocative, funny series about a highly dysfunctional dynasty. When Logan Roy (Brian Cox), CEO of one of the world's largest media and entertainment conglomerates, considers retirement, each of his four grown children follows a personal agenda that doesn't always sync with those of their siblings--or of their father.

I was going to attempt to join in, but episode 2 sort of hit some of my triggers, making me loose enthusiasm for continuing.

I was going to attempt to join in, but episode 2 sort of hit some of my triggers, making me loose enthusiasm for continuing.
Sorry to hear that. I had a very similar experience with episode 2 last night.
The whole situation had a lot of eerie and uncanny similarities with how my Dad, who had a general physical resemblance to Logan, died a few years back.
Thankfully, I understand the situation I found hard to watch is largely over.

On episode 3... the Tom and Cousin Greg dynamic is the best part of the show so far. This is the first time that Macfadyen has impressed me in anything. I've always thought of him as rather wooden and limited in range.

On episode 3... the Tom and Cousin Greg dynamic is the best part of the show so far. This is the first time that Macfadyen has impressed me in anything. I've always thought of him as rather wooden and limited in range.
Macfadyen is soooo good in S3 especially, imo. Honestly Tom/Greg remains one of the best parts throughout for me. Though I’m definitely invested pretty much all the main characters and their awfulness now lol.

I can't believe I'm the first person to ever say it but this Succession show is pretty good so far. :o
c07.gif

Five episodes in, and I'm impressed by how unlikable and yet watchable everyone is. they had me convinced Ferris' buddy was a decent dude, and then the charity dinner... never mind.

Five episodes in, and I'm impressed by how unlikable and yet watchable everyone is. they had me convinced Ferris' buddy was a decent dude, and then the charity dinner... never mind.
Just wait 'til we get to his true aspirations. He's my mom's favorite character because unlike the others, "his delusions are so ridiculous that he's mostly harmless." :hehe:

Just wait 'til we get to his true aspirations. He's my mom's favorite character because unlike the others, "his delusions are so ridiculous that he's mostly harmless." :hehe:
Well now I'm damn curious.

Tom, Shiv (spelling?), Greg and Logan are my favorites so far. I'm not sure why, but I'm really rooting for Logan. It's probably how much I dislike Kendall. :funny:

Well now I'm damn curious.

Tom, Shiv (spelling?), Greg and Logan are my favorites so far. I'm not sure why, but I'm really rooting for Logan. It's probably how much I dislike Kendall. :funny:
That's how this show works. Your faves entirely depend on who you root against most. :hehe:

And yeah, it's Shiv. The name Siobhan is weird like that, lol.

Last week of February, so what should the next show be for March?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"