The Hype TV Club

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Hype TV Club.png
Any Hype members are welcome to join us in our viewing of these shows. We will be using this thread to discuss our shows.

The only rules are

• Last week of the month we will nominate and vote for a new show.
  • Only shows with unanimous vote will be selected.
  • Only the first season is required for the monthly viewing. If a show has multiple seasons.
  • Each show should have a minimum of 8 episodes per season, if not, we will watch S1&2.
  • ALL spoilers must be tagged as such, as none of us have seen these shows before aka don't be a jerk.
  • Any posts not following the spoiler rule will be subject to deletion.

Although Squid Game only has 9 eps, so you might want to revise that whole "minimum episode count" thing, lol.

I would love to participate, but I am so behind on stuff to watch.... however if you guys are watching Squid Game then I might join in with you guys for next month.

I would love to participate, but I am so behind on stuff to watch.... however if you guys are watching Squid Game then I might join in with you guys for next month.
If you stay and vote you can influence what is watched to be the stuff you’re behind on. :cwink:

Well this is for November. I wish I resurrected it sooner so we can do a horror series like AHS, Channel Zero, or the new Twilight Zone. Probably Child's Play next year.

Last day to nominate a show for those who want to join.

november-png.50184

Any Hype members are welcome to join us in our viewing of these shows. We will be using this thread to discuss our shows.

The only rules are

• Last week of the month we will nominate and vote for a new show.
  • Only shows with unanimous vote will be selected.
  • Only the first season is required for the monthly viewing. If a show has multiple seasons.
  • Each show should have a minimum of 8 episodes per season, if not, we will watch S1&2.
  • ALL spoilers must be tagged as such, as none of us have seen these shows before aka don't be a jerk.
  • Any posts not following the spoiler rule will be subject to deletion.

In this thread we will be talking about our viewing experiences with the show. You all are welcome to join, so we'll talk about what we like and/or dislike about the show we're watching.

So let's watch some Squid Game!

What is Squid Game?
Hundreds of cash-strapped players accept a strange invitation to compete in children's games. Inside, a tempting prize awaits — with deadly high stakes.

Just started it this evening, was only planning to watch 2 episodes but now am on episode 4. This show just gets wilder and wilder as it goes along.

I was wondering how this was going. You guys watched Squid Game yet?

I finished it. Really liked it, even though I saw one of the major twists coming a mile away. I'm kind of at a loss for how S2 will be able to match up, though, given the direction they set up.
Yeah, I got the two major twist pretty early, though I found how they played out to make it cool that I did. I too really liked it. I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch it again (the end of the penultimate episode nearly broke me), but I really liked it.

The spacing of the "games" felt odd to me early. I wondered what it would do to the pace, but that was never an issue. Every episode flew by, in excruciating agony.

I finished it. Really liked it, even though I saw one of the major twists coming a mile away. I'm kind of at a loss for how S2 will be able to match up, though, given the direction they set up.
Yeah, it’s going to be very hard to have the same impact as season 1. Not going to have the same shock value whatever they do as now people are almost expecting it from the show. Red light green light was my favourite game and I would probably enjoying playing a safe version of that. :D

Yeah, I got the two major twist pretty early, though I found how they played out to make it cool that I did. I too really liked it. I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch it again (the end of the penultimate episode nearly broke me), but I really liked it.

The spacing of the "games" felt odd to me early. I wondered what it would do to the pace, but that was never an issue. Every episode flew by, in excruciating agony.
I don’t think I’ll be rewatching this for a good while if at all. It was a great watch but more of a one and done type show for me. Will definitely watch a season 2 though.

Like flick said it's a wild, wild ride. I have my thoughts that'll post when I reach the end.

I've been meaning to watch that one. I'll second the nomination. I was also thinking Wheel of Time.
Well, I am curious to see them. :)

Both definitely work for me. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"