Stand-Alone Movies The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Star Wars
Knights of the old Republic

Episode 1
New Beginnings

Plot
Would follow the first game story somewhat closely. I would take out Juhani completely. I would condense the Star Maps to 3 (Dantoonie, Korriban and Lehon). I would also remove Jolee Bindo and restrict Canderous's role to Taris.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
Malak - Armie Hammer
Mission - Molly C Quinn
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori
Saul Karath - Rufus Sewell

Episode II
Broken Force

Plot
This would deviate from KOTOR II quite a bit. In this Episode, five years after the events on the Star Forge, Revan has disappeared. Meetra Surik an exile Jedi who once served with Revan goes on a quest to find the truth behind Malacor V and find the whereabouts of Reven after his disappearance. Treia's role would remain the same except she would turn Atris who would then Kill Treia and Become the New Darth Treya. Nihlus would remain but not Darth Sion (too many villains). To condense the Cast Mical and GOTO would be removed completely and Brianna restricted to Telos, Mandalore to Onderon and Mira to Nar Shadaa.

Cast
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Rand - Sam Claflin
Atris - Jessica Chastain
Treia - Cate Blanchett
Bao Dur - Dane DeHaan
Visas Marr - Grace Park
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban

Episode III
Empire in Shadows

Plot
After 3 years, Surik along with HK-47 and T4 catches up with Revan who has been captured by Darth Scourge. Surik able to Convince Scourge to release Revan and betray the Emperor start a Journey thru the Unknown regions combating various Dark Council Members to bring down the Empire. They also gain the helped of Kira Carson a young force sensitive sought out by the emperor to be his new "Voice". During the Final battle Scourge betrays Revan when he kills Surik only to see his choice is the wrong side as Revan Defeats the Emperor but had suffered Fatal wounds. Scourge tries to flee but is Killed by Carson. The film ends with T4 returning to Bastilla who has a child and tells her Revan's fate, that he prevented an invasion and died a true hero.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Emperor Vitiate - Micheal Shannon
Kira Carson - Saoirse Ronan
Darth Scourge - Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
I don't know about the movies, but any film with Saoirse Ronan, Cate Blanchett, Gemma Arterton, Jessica Chastain, and Hayley Atwell is a gift from the Force. :hrt:

Last edited:
I honestly think that erasing the Old republic era would be for the best, the past in the SW universe has mostly been used by writers as an excuse to tell the plot of the main saga in different ways, so in those 1000 there's Basically no progression in technology, it actually looks like it's going backwards.

How about Antje Traue for Bastila Shan?
I think she's a little old for the part IMO. I see Bastilla a tad younger like mid to late 20's like Obi-Wan in The Phantom Menace.

I honestly think that erasing the Old republic era would be for the best, the past in the SW universe has mostly been used by writers as an excuse to tell the plot of the main saga in different ways, so in those 1000 there's Basically no progression in technology, it actually looks like it's going backwards.

No way. Just because the Old Republic stories took place in the past does not mean they're going "backwards" by any means. If anything, they're expanding the Star Wars universe by showcasing new dimensions of that universe, no different to the spin-off films they're planning, which btw some of which might take place in the past. Would those origin films be going "backward"?

This is the kind of era many have wanted to see from the Prequels, that is an era where being a Jedi really meant something. These are the days of yore of the Jedi Knights and Sith Lords and adventure all over the galaxy unlike things in the movie era where there's only a handful or less of Jedi or Sith. I mean who doesn't want to see something like this happen where armies of Jedi and Sith clash with each other:

[YT]rPdJdEFilaU[/YT]

As for lack of technology, the beautiful thing that fans love about the Old Republic era is how things tends to be more fantasy based and archaic compared to later eras. It gives a Game of Thrones/LOTR in space sort of feel to things. Bottom line is: old can be good.

If anything's going backwards it would be expanding and milking on stuff we already knew like more Clone Wars stuff.

On another note, who thinks after seeing Thor: The Dark World, Alan Taylor should direct the KOTOR movie?

Last edited:
Good point about the age smallville fan. Left field choice here, but how about Emmy Rossum as Bastilla?

The problem isn't that they're exploring the past, it's that the past is pretty much a repeat of the present, that's allways been a big problem with the EU, writers constantly use the far past as a way to tell their oun takes on what a Jedi corruption or fight against Evil Empires should have been like.

The problem isn't that they're exploring the past, it's that the past is pretty much a repeat of the present, that's always been a big problem with the EU, writers constantly use the far past as a way to tell their own takes on what a Jedi corruption or fight against Evil Empires should have been like.

The Prequels did the whole "Jedi corruption" angle poorly and the Originals were limited in technology for the "fight against the Evil Empire", hence why these stories were created and should be showcased on film. We have yet to see how the Sequels will handle their setting and themes but I think they can make it different enough if it ever happens. Besides, with characters like Revan who are on par or better in popularity with the movie characters especially in terms of unique backstory as a hero and a villain, I think a KOTOR movie would stand on its own legs without comparison to the OT.

While I love The Old Republic era I don't know if I would ever want a movie, I suppose if was done right and was good sure but otherwise I don't know.

While I love The Old Republic era I don't know if I would ever want a movie, I suppose if was done right and was good sure but otherwise I don't know.

A good amount of time has passed since making the thread and while I do love the idea that if KOTOR could be done on film, then more power to TPTB but I'm warming up to the idea of doing Revan's story for example as an expansive live-action TV series with the scope and scale Game of Thrones successfully accomplished only bigger with spaceships, lightsabers, aliens and the Force etc.

Just imagine Season 1(and maybe 2?) of KOTOR would be the Mandalorian Wars. We could see Revan as the central character with a supporting cast including Malak, Treia, The Exile, Carth Onasi, HK-47 and maybe other original characters as well as antagonists such as Mandalore The Ultimate and occasionally teasing The True Sith who'd show up much later.

Seasons 3 to 5 could be the Jedi Civil War where we could see Revan as the Dark Lord to the amnesiac we first saw in the first KOTOR game, and introducing the game cast including Bastilla, Mission, Zaalbar etc. Season 6 onward could time-jump forward to The Exile as the central character gathering a crew looking for Revan as the True Sith assemble for their invasion in a later season. Well I'll stop here as I'm getting carried away with this lol.

While I still have Game of Thrones on the brain, what do you all think of Richard Madden aka Robb Stark as Revan?

game%20of%20thrones%20tv%20series%20robb%20stark_wallpaperswa.com_71.jpg

I like the idea of an old republic TV

for the series tho. I think Meetra Surik should be the main Lead. The series can start on Taris when Revans escape pod lands. We can Meetra living on taris since her exile.

I think Meetra works better as I think the viewers can connect with her more. I would also like Darth Treia to be an ally in the first few seasons Till Malak bites it.

Personally I'd like to see a KOTOR trilogy of films released two years apart, after episode IX, before the possible/inevitable episodes X-XII.

If they do this, i hope they change the universe fromw hat was presented in the games and other EU material, i don't particularly like the idea of technology in the SW universe aging backwards, anything set in this timeline would need to show a more primitive version of what has been presented in the movies. The games sometimes did this, but most of the time, they also have too advanced technology too.

Disagree with that. Part of the tech is a huge part of SW. It's something that KOTOR I think nailed for the most part.

I think Lord meant The Old Republic the MMO which had a different look than KOTOR.. If you watch the opening cinematic, with that cowboy dude, the tech was way advanced at a prequel level. It's almost hard to believe that it took place thousands of years before the prequels. It felt like no more than a few years before Phantom Menace.

Last edited:
Some of the stuff can be older, but most of it in KOTOR was consistent with previous SW films. It was always taken that the SW world hit a plateau in technology. To me it's part of the aesthetic. Kind of like LOTR where thousands of years have gone by but the tech hardly changed. People lived the same way for many ages in Middle Earth.

Personally I'd like to see a KOTOR trilogy of films released two years apart, after episode IX, before the possible/inevitable episodes X-XII.

With what Disney is planning, it seems unfeasible unless there happens to be an Old Republic spin-off. It's better if Disney made a partnership with a company like HBO and greenlit a live action tv show of KOTOR.

Emily Blunt as Bastila Shan.

Karl Urban as Darth Malek.

I don't think they should set it too much in the past, one of my problems with the Expanded universe was how the past made the events in the original trilogy seem so small.

With what Disney is planning, it seems unfeasible unless there happens to be an Old Republic spin-off. It's better if Disney made a partnership with a company like HBO and greenlit a live action tv show of KOTOR.

What is Disney planning exactly after the Sequel trilogy? They only mentioned 3 spin-offs from what i can remember, i realy don't think they should jump right into a 4th trilogy, so, for the hiatus in between, i think another trilogy like one resolving around the old Jedi would be a good choice and feel almost as much of an event as an episodic entry.

I definitely think that they should try doing a trilogy now and then that isn't "Episode ..." if they want to keep making films almost every year. I'dd say, do a new trilogy for each decade along with the spin-offs they want so much, now, not every trilogy will need to be part of the Skywalker saga, and considering there's some 1000 years between the defeat of the Sith and their return in the main saga, you can use those as a sort of time-skip and explore the period when the war betwen Jedi and Sith was still running.

Would love a Kotor movie. I wonder if the Noomi Sunrider rights are squarely in Disney's hands or not.

Would like an adaption where we actually get Sunrider instead of Bastilla like it was suppose to be.

Having recently become interested in the KOTOR setting, I'd be down for a movie about the Jedi Civil War and the Sith Empire. I wish Lucas Film and Disney would add it to their canon.

I would like to see a KotoR/Revan film. With Kylo Ren's Revan-esque look and supposedly ancient lightsaber they could always have some light connection to a KotoR movie and the Force Awakens or future main SW films.

Though I would agree with Lord somewhat. I would like it if any potential KotoR film established their technology as being less advanced than that of the timeline of the main movies. It doesn't need to be drastic, just enough clues and references that show they don't have the same knowledge or capabilities as those living in the main films timeline.

do you think they could get a way with Revan's identity being more ambiguous, in terms of race/gender/... (like in the game)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"