The Incredible Hulk "Powers and Abilities" discussion Thread

:huh:

HULK SMASH!!!!!!...........with precision????

On another note, no speedy, agile, light on his feet, Hulk.
As it is inherently descriptive a being called The Hulk should lumber. The movement of The Hulk in Marvel's "The Iron Man Adventures" videos, was spot on, IMHO.

I totally disagree. Hulk not being any of the things you mentioned, would not make him the Hulk at all. It has been said and shown on numerous occasions that the Hulk has an uncanny accuracy. Hulk does not lumber, his strength in relationship to his body weight would make him "light on his feet."

I did like those IM Adventure vids too.

This is an exceptional list of Hulk's abilities including accuracy and speed mentioned in the comics.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,96073.0.html

[YT]FnVWwom4_50[/YT]

Disregard She-Hulk if you want, but how he moves here would probably be pretty close. Even if they did draw him big as hell.

I don't think the hulk's actual leaping was a problem in Ang's, it was his landing that was the problem, it seems to have minimal impact. Something that big falling from that height should have a much greater impact, that's the only thing they need to change about the leaping.

I loved the leaping in the first movie. At one of the comic shops I visit, the owner hated the Ang Lee movie but said that the Hulk leaping was the best part of the it.

Although the Hulk weighs almost a ton, I just figured his leg muscles absorb the impacts of his landings, sort of like shocks and struts in cars, causing minimal damage to the ground.

Don't worry about it. Louis Leterrier has said that Hulk had no weight with his jumps in Ang's movie, so it will be changed for this one.

I hope this is not the case. Do you have the link to that.?

I forgot to mention Hulk's resiliency, as a power and ability. I love the fact that the Hulk can take a severe beating and keep on coming at an opponent. His relentless determination was one of the factors that I admired about the character.

I totally disagree. Hulk not being any of the things you mentioned, would not make him the Hulk at all. It has been said and shown on numerous occasions that the Hulk has an uncanny accuracy. Hulk does not lumber, his strength in relationship to his body weight would make him "light on his feet."

I did like those IM Adventure vids too.

This is an exceptional list of Hulk's abilities including accuracy and speed mentioned in the comics.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,96073.0.html

OK, the link you provided leads to a 1 to 10 scale rating the abilities of The Hulk. Speed is a "3". How does that possibly support your position?

The speed is very different from battle top battle. He has reflees enough to hit a quicksilver running at full speed but yet will miss spiderman at other times.

I would rate him atleast at a 4.

His accuracy depends on how angry he is I would think. If he's all confused and wild, he may just not care. If he's focused on one enemy, then he's like a marksman.

I don't think the hulk's actual leaping was a problem in Ang's, it was his landing that was the problem, it seems to have minimal impact. Something that big falling from that height should have a much greater impact, that's the only thing they need to change about the leaping.
maybe ang's hulk simply isn't that heavy and also based on the fact he's using his momentum to carry on rather than stop....

hulk's bunny hopped in the comics before without causing much damage to the floor.

I hope you all realise that hulk can't cause much city damage because otherwise he himself would be a threat.

Hulk can't be seen to be a major menace till an avengers movie is set up and he is either under the control of the leader/doom and needs to be taken down.

any attempt to maximise his strength now would lead to a confrontation with the avengers just coming across as weak. The real damage needs to be saved for really big occasions.

This is exactly why i didn't want the abomination to be in this film or at least be killed because he'll be wasted and hulk won't have a strong person to go up against in the future.

The Hulk is power personified, and demonstrating that massive power of the Hulk must be paramount. He must ooze power, and that includes his every step, even a "bunny hop" action must involve some awe inspiring equal reaction.

A Hulk that moves with the grace and agility of Fred Astaire just doesn't cut it.

well take it up with the comic writers and artists then....

you know one could go the other way and over dramatise his actions. Kinda like how when disney every have to produce their own episode of power rangers, they throw in about 40 pyroteknic slo-mo explosions in a 25 minute ep which is seriously over the top.

I don't believe all his movement necessarily needs to be highlighted and large amounts of debris in a continuous hopping motion at each stop is not really necessary.

Kinda similar to how i don't need to see spidey's web always connecting to a building when he swings.

Just to clarify The Hulk as depicted in Marvel's "The Iron Man Adventures" is for me perfect in every way. He has weight and oozes raw power, and he likes puppy dogs:).

I really am disturbed at the word ooze and Hulk in the same sentence.

As I said in a previous thread, at the end of the movie, America should be awestruck at the Hulk's strength; they should feel that there is truly nothing the Hulk can't do because of his in-credible power....
...not thinking, "Well, his strength meant jack-crap at the end of the movie".

Don't get me wrong, I think it can be quite fascinating to take a character with unlimited strength and put him in a situation where he is powerless to help (a la the issue where his friend Jim Wilson died of AIDS)...but not for the ending of HIS movie, where you're trying to establish the hero in a strong light, hopefully setting him up for a future franchise.

There should be no doubt after watching this movie that the Hulk IS the strongest one there is.

Don't worry about it. Louis Leterrier has said that Hulk had no weight with his jumps in Ang's movie, so it will be changed for this one.

Definitely! What I want to see:

1. HULK landing on streets causing craters
2. would LOVE to see the fight briefly go to the water (better then 03 though)
3. Abomination fight scale across city causing MASSIVE destruction, hitting mid-town at night (then majority of people won't be IN office buildings)
4. Abomination knocking HULK through walls to show endurance
5. fight/chase through the sewers

Clap, stomp, double-fisted ground smash and some HUGE lift; building, ship-tanker or something HUGE to smash abomination!

I would LOVE to see something similar to the scene in Superman II where Non (SP?) got punched by Superman and was knocked upward through the side of a building, taking out several floors on his way up, through and out the other side. It was a simple trick camera set-up, but that shot was just the ballz! Something awesome like that during the end battle.

OK, the link you provided leads to a 1 to 10 scale rating the abilities of The Hulk. Speed is a "3". How does that possibly support your position?

Those ratings are not accurate. If you read in the speed section, about some of his feats from the comic book pages, the rating does not reflect his speed accurately, especially leaping to catch up to rockets and what not. You could go to Marvel's site and find a different rating.

Hulk is as instinctive and graceful as they come.

i think of the hulk as the perfect athlete. he's fast, strong, accurate, relentless. he's the freshman in highschool that goes varsity after the first day of practice. :woot:

:bh: which powers and abilities do u REALLY want to c in the nu movie ?

here is my list :
foot stomp, gamma clap, gamma (ground) smash, steel fist (like on ult.distruction), helicopter (jet) takedown, ect.
post ur thoughts on what u want to see in this movie. :abom:

p.s if im a little late on da subject 4give me im a noob.:csad:
Everything but the steel fist. Don't forget the leaping. As Leterrier said, his jumps shouldn't be too high so that it makes the Hulk look like he has no gravity. More reasonable leaping and yet true to the comics.

:bh:

Everything but the steel fist. Don't forget the leaping. As Leterrier said, his jumps shouldn't be too high so that it makes the Hulk look like he has no gravity. More reasonable leaping and yet true to the comics.

:bh:
yeah thats important too

We all know we're going to get plenty of displays of the Hulk's strength so all I ask is that we see him using his leaping ability & his superspeed at least twice in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"