The "Heroes Vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG Season V Signup Thread

BnKRPG

Dark Lord of the RPG's
Reaction score
hvsani20aa.gif

This is the "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel RPG” Season V
similar to The World of Heroes: DC Style Season IV in the DC Comic Board.

This season takes place One Year After Season IV.
Knock off of DC you say? Well...you're RIGHT! But this time it's going to be bigger and better than anything that has ever been cooked up before!

Where is Spider-Man?
Who is Rogue's baby's father?
How's Scarlet Witch's and Hawkeye's first year of marriage?
Who's the new Scarlet Spider *and why does Iron Man wanna see her in lingerie*?
Who's this lunatic in Times Square calling Thor a "false god"?
Why has Jarvis been acting strangely?
How many presidents will die this season?
"What? No one cares if Siryn agreed to marry me or not?"

NO, this isn't a promo for The View OR Jerry Springer!

This is:

oyl2ani2kp.gif

BUCKLE UP BABY!

GAMEMASTERS AND DEPUTIES

RULES
  • You can choose to be any superhero or super villain in the Marvel Universe, as long as they:
Are NOT deities, gods, or people such as Death. People like Thanos and Silver Surfer and Captain Marvel and Galactus are okay, though...​

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character, such as no Cyclops moving planets with his optic blasts, Dazzler defeating Galactus, or Aunt May as Galatus's new Herald...
  • This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such...
  • You can reside in any place in the Marvel Universe. You can also travel off-planet, to such places as the Skrull homeworld...
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM...
  • Don't be killing people without reason. You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Dazzler will lose against Thanos one on one, but may be able to use her allies to help her out or she can run away...
  • If you want to take part in this, just PM BNKRPG or any of the mods or list your name and character here and I'll put your name and character on the first post here. First come, first serve...
  • New RP'ers must start playing on Earth unless said so by any of the mods.
  • You can form supervillain gangs, superhero teams, alliances, the works...
  • You should have a hideout of some sort, at least in the beginning when your not traveling...
  • If you get killed, re-spawn somewhere else like in a hospital or morgue or whatever. Keep playing...
  • There can be a number of stories going on at once, using different people...
  • Act like your characters, ASSUME their traits and personalities...
  • There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...
  • There are limits to time travel, do NOT time travel unless you have talked to one of the Gamemasters…
  • There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.
  • No obscene topics!
  • People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED a la DEW K. MOSI. As she said about the last thread...
  • If a player decides to kill off their character, new players must have permission from the previous player (if he is still in the RPG) to resurrect that character

For more of the ‘rules’ see- RPG Etiquette

Now here are the players and their characters (alphabetized in each group):

HAVE FUN PEOPLE!!! This is as good as I can do.....

HEROES
Hero pl.-roes..to watch over, protect whence Av. haraiti, (he) protects, watchman.

"Now with Deadpool captions! Because I care."

Daredevil/Matthew Micheal Murdock
Master Bruce
“Twy’s online crush”
"He wishes."

Deadpool
Electro UK *
"HA! Electro's dead! Now I get the caption! Ahem, "Likes to say bloody bad place" I'm so proud..."

Dr. Strange
Foggy Nelson

Ghost Rider
LibrarianThrone
"Pffft, purely movie buzz."

Iron Fist
The Iron Fist
"Suspicious..."

Luke Cage
Bryd Man

Moon Knight
Batman
"Batman's a scientist"

Mr. Immortal
SuperFerret
"Oh look, he changed..."

The Punisher
The Punisher
"Didn't see that one coming did you?"

Ronin
Purple Man
"4 issues in 616 and yet he's already in the Ultimatw Universe and an RPG. What does Bendis do to people?"

Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly
Venom160

Scarlet Spider/Sarah Stacy
twylight*
"Thinks she's so clever with her little comments. :p"
"Oh..but I am. Am I not?"

Spider-Man/Peter Benjamin Parker
Master Bruce *
"New guy! Move down! Clean cup! Clean cup!"

Silver Surfer
ElectroFlare
"Oh! He's about to get a movie! I'll make friends with him so he puts in a good word on the Deadpool movie. I'm thinking Johnny Knoxville for me."

War Machine
Electro UK
"Wants Deadpool's caption"
"Get in line pal."

mightyavengerslogo.gif

Captain America
bkhedr

Hawkeye
Spider-Man9x17 *
*Insert NPC(s)*
"Marries off and makes fathers of all his characters...."
"Don't bad mouth Pink! He's my bestest friend in all the wide world aside from Johnny Storm, Bullseye, Taskmaster, The Falcon, Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, Spider-man, Daredevil... I could go on."

Iron Man/President Tony Anthony Stark
Red X*
"Yes, after this RPG's history of Presidents, he actually took up the job. Lemme just go fetch my rifle... aw shoot War Machine beat me to it."
"You stole my caption, hence, I killed Stark."

Thor
bkhedr*
“Ol’ wazzhizz name.”

Wasp
MST3K 4ever

topfantsmall6vh.gif

Human Torch/Johnny Storm
Spider-Man9x17 *
"The dude meister as I like to call him in my dreams. Yes, dreams. I have no shame in admitting it."

Mr. Fantastic/Reed Richards
Byrd Man*

The Invisible Woman/Susan Storm
Apprentice
"Milf, milf, milf."

bioslogoxmensmall7ur6eg.gif

Due to the destruction of the Mansion by Polaris and the following invasion of Thanos. Professor Xavier decides to remove the Students from the mansion and streamline the team into a more reactive and proactive unit.

Many of the students have been moved to 'seed' schools through the state of New York, along with various X-Men, leaving only a few select students and teachers at the Mansion to form a core group of X-Men. Emma Frost has become headmistress of all the satellite schools and Psylocke and Gambit have been relocated to one of the schools for teaching while Kitty has retained as a teacher at the newly rebuilt Xaviers Mansion for the remaining 5 students.

The X-Men Team now consists of:
Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Beast, Storm, Gambit, Colossus and Wolverine

Nathan Dayspring Askani'son Summers/Cable
"Looky! I remembered his name! No wonder we're in the same book!... okay Electro Uk looked at a recap page, shut up."

Cyclops/Scott Summers
ElectroFlare
"Sweet CHRISTMAS! He's not Spidey anymore!"

Iceman
Midnight Ice
-Insert Caption Here-

Jean Grey
Charlie No-One*
"He RETURNS!"

Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner

Venom160

Rogue
&
baby

twylight*
“Flower YOU!”

Warpath
guitarsingerguy
"Best. Name. Ever."

Wolverine
Red X*
"Electro UK's secret online crush... oh god!"

VILLAINS
Villain: a person guilty of commiting or likely to commit great crimes; evil or wicked person; scoundrel

Bullseye
Keyser Soze
"He's back baby!!!... well you didn't really think he was gone... did ya?"

"I did, I was about to go kill Daredevil over the matter thinking about it."

Loki
SuperFerret

The Shocker
Feature

Kang the Conqueror
Johnny Blaze

Taskmaster

Watchman
“The Manager of the Redundancy Department Manager”

Spider-Man Villains

Doc Ock
Doc Ock
"Redundant, ain't it?"

The Green Goblin
Watchman

Venom
Spideyssuperfan
"Its a mouthfull, I know."

Fantastic Four Villain(s)

"No FF villains? Well aside from Dr. Doom and Super Skrull who else is there to be? Mole Man?"

X-Men Villains

Magneto
Midnight_Ice
“Da NEW Man in Purple.”

Mystique
Charlie No-One*

REST IN PIECE
The Dead List
Because YOU demanded it!

Electro
Electro UK
*Killed in a bomb explosion*

Siryn
NPC
*Killed in the Ultron attack at her and Deadpool's wedding*

Polaris
Charlie No One
*Died being metalized*

Mr. Immortal
Superferret
*too many times to count*

** means that the character is pending. In other words, the rule is that if you don't post in two weeks without prior notice, you are scrubbed from the roster...

* Means that this is a TWO character player. The player has asked special permission to RP two characters...

* Means that this is an attached NPC...

marvel20jl.jpg

Need some examples of RPing? Why not look at

THE MARVEL RPG'S GREATEST HITS

Season The First:

The Death of Mary Jane

Deadpool finds the X-jet

Bullseye Watches Mary Jane's Funeral

Season The Second:

Jamie Madrox Breaks Down then Up Again

Electro turns on Bullseye

Classic Johnny and Ben

Season The Third:

Deadpool joins the Avengers (joint post between Spider-man9X17 and Electro UK)

Mr. Immortal Interviews Carnage

Daredevil comes close to Death

Deadpool and Deadpool Jr. Go Christmas Shopping

Captain America alone with his Memories

Season The Fourth:

Electro's Last Stand

Bullseye Cheats Justice

Deadpool thanks the Avengers for taking him in

Season The Fifth:

Hawkeye Battles an Ultron Wave

Deadpool One Year Later

Tony Stark is Blackmailed

Deadpool's Wedding

MARVEL RPG SEASON IV

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play on Earth:

Powers:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

New to RPGing?

Woo-Hoo next season let the war begin. Oh I'm signing up for a second character. I call him my mystery character with a identity.

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play on Earth: The Rose

Powers: No powers. He does have a genius level intellect and trained in hand-to-hand combat. Saying anything else would give away his identity

1. My turn to try a mystery character

2. Ok saying anything else here would give away their identity

3. So you want to know who it is well it's
CENSORED

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: First I'm hoping to provide an interesting mystery. Second I believe that I'm a good writer

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: At least one

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: You tell me

253.jpg

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play on Earth: Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin aka Colossus

Powers: the ability to transform his entire body into “organic steel,” a state that grants him superhuman strength and invulnerablity

1. Colossus is one of my favorite X-Men

2. I think it would be awesome to play a Ruskie

3. He has very cool powers:up:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:
Colossus has always been a unique charcter and I would be honored to play him. Another reason is that i would also get to interact with the X-Men which you can't beat.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: i will try at least once

colossus004cover.jpg

Awesome a Collosus. X-men are gonna be strong this season. Hope you get approved. You probably will.

Also...I will post it here to. All X-men, PM me about the season opener before you post!

yeah I felt the silver guy wasn't getting any love

* i want to be 616 colosuss not ultimate colosuss

MARVEL RPG SEASON V

Screen Name: Venom160

Character you would like to play on Earth: Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)

Powers: Nightcrawler has blue fur, yellow eyes, fangs and a prehensile tail. He has three fingers and toes on each appendage and can stick to walls. He is a line-of-sight teleporter and is also a master swordsman and acrobat. His teleportation, which smells of brimstone and sulfur and makes his signature "BAMF!" noise, takes him through another dimension, although he only actually saw it once. Generally, though, his teleportation is instantaneous. The opening to the dimension travels with Kurt at all times, distorting light and leaving him in shadow when it's light out, and rendering him nearly invisible when he's in shadow. He also has an infallible spatial awareness, which is necessary for him to teleport, because if he does not judge distances accurately, he could end up teleporting into solid matter, which could cripple or kill him. As a result, Kurt generally only 'ports to places that he can see, or to those that he knows very well, like his room in the Mansion.

1. Hes' one of my top five favorite X-men.

2. Iv always liked his powers and been wanting to see what I can do with him.

3. Plus he kicks ash.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: Hopefully what I can bring to this RPG is a well rounded and intriguing character that people would enjoy reading about. And hopefully a version of Nightcrawler that is faithful to the comics but with my little spin on him.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Whenever im needed.

nightcrawler3-4.jpg
No. :)

MARVEL RPG SEASON IV

Screen Name:LokiSixNine

Powers:Alot i'm sure everyone knows them

1. He IS evil

2. He's one of my fav villains of all time

3. There a thor in play.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: A well /thoughtout and written character. I work well with others and I give resepct as long as I get it.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: depends on what's needed

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: yes
442px-Loki_small.jpg

MARVEL RPG SEASON V APPLICATION

Screen Name:
Master Bruce

1st Character you would like to play: Spider-Man/Peter Benjamin Parker

Powers: Ole' Webhead posesses the proportionate strength of a spider allowing him to lift up to ten tons, the ability to stick to walls and almost any surface, the agility and reflexes of a spider, and a sixth sense that warns him of impending danger before it happens. (Spider-Sense) He also wears metal wrist devices that shoot a custom made chemical Webbing fluid, allowing him to swing across New York and aid him in battle, aswell.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man. Does Whatever, A Spider Can. Spins A Web, Any Size. Catches Theives, Just Like Flies...

...Well, you all know where I'm going with this. So, to put it shortly, Spider-Man is one of the most recognised characters in fiction. I cannot honestly think of one good reason to pass up an opprotunity to play him. He's ****ing Spider-Man.

2. Not only is he one of the most recognised superheroes of all time, But he's just a genuinely great character all around. One of the best, really. I think he'd be really fun to play. I want to both play up Spider-Man's comedic side, and Peter Parker's humanity, aswell as the character's do-gooder approach to everything.

3. Honestly? I've been waiting to play him since I got into the RPG's. Daredevil was a huge honor to get, but, really, He's still only my second favorite Marvel character. With Spider-Man, I'm truly gonna get to play one of the best characters I could ever get in an RPG.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I have brought you the greatest gift of all. The gift of a child's laughter. Heh heh. Hehehehe. Hehehehehehehe. ... ...Yeah, I'm leaving now.

Also... Might aswell tell you what I'm NOT bringing to the RPG, aswell...

Spider-God Prophecies. Death and rebirths, along with new Spider-powers. Iron Man made gold and red super-suits. A **** like status to Peter's personality. Public unmaskings. A rabid Joe Quesada.

Nope. None of those, folks. ;)

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Now, this question is a little difficult to answer, I've found. Honestly, I thought with Batman in Ultimate DC, I'd post every day, because He's my favorite character of all time. But there were days when I didn't post, due to inactivity. But with Spider-Man, I'm really gonna push myself to try extra hard, because it really is a bad place of an honor to play this guy, even if temporarily.

spider%20man%20splash%20small.gif

MARVEL RPG SEASON V APPLICATION

Screen Name:
Master Bruce

2nd Character you would like to play: Daredevil/Matthew Micheal Murdock

Powers: Though blind, Daredevil's other senses are heightened to a superhuman sharpness, also giving him a radar sense to allow him somewhat of a temporary sense of vision. Also a trained acrobat and hand to hand combat fighter, Daredevil is a formidable opponent in street battle.

1. I've played him... What... three seasons, now? I feel I have a good grasp on the character.

2. Even though I'm used to playing him, I still get a kick out of writing him. He's just a great character to play... I've been fortunate to have him this long.

3. Aside from what I've said above... He's a blind. ****ing. lawyer ...wearing devil horns. He was born to be the badass that he is.

Write two complete sentances using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

I believe, from my past experience with Matt, that I can bring in an at least semi-faithful portrayl of the character. I also hope to bring in interesting responses to certain stories, aswell as interesting stories of my own.

How many times you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

See my above application. While Spider-Man is going to be my top priority, given that I'm only going to be able to play him for one season, Matt is a character I genuinely enjoy playing, so I don't expect to give up on him. (Plus, I think half the RPG would flame my ash if I did. :o)

ddfather1full.sized.jpg

Oh, and I just couldn't pass this up...

smdd1full.sized.jpg

:spidey::daredevil

MARVEL RPG SEASON V

Screen Name: Sparta* :up:

Character you would like to play on Earth: Warren Worthington III (Archangel)

Powers: Warren Worthington is a mutant. When he was a teenager wings began to grow out of his back. After the whole Apocalypse ordeal he gained metal wings, the ability to launch paralysing metal blades, super speed during flight, and enhanced senses.

1. He is an ORIGINAL X-man

2. He is a great character with tons of storyline potential

3. He just kicks ash...who wouldn't want to play as him?!

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I feel like I know Warrens character very well. I have rp'd as him in the past before, and have had a great time doing it. I want to delve deeper into his life, and maybe pursue a Worthington industries/cure storyline (minus Apocalypse)

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Most days once, Sometimes a ton, and occasionally none.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yup

Archangel2-1.jpg

So Season V is supposed to take place one year after the end of Season IV?

The roster says someone is playing as Wolverine, Unstoppable :down Otherwise I would have applied as him lol :p

Sparta* said:
The roster says someone is playing as Wolverine, Unstoppable :down Otherwise I would have applied as him lol :p
shhhhhh he might hear us:)

MARVEL RPG SEASON V
Screen Name: Harlekin
Character you would like to play: Quasar, Protector of the Universe (Wendell Vaughn)
Powers: Quasar owns the quantum bands, which allows him to manipulate massive amounts of any form of energy along the electromagnetic spectrum, as well as to emit and control "quantum energy." He can also use this energy to form solid constructs-- even force fields and body armor. By entering into the quantum dimension the bands draw their energy from, Quasar can perform hyper-space leaps to carry him galaxy-wide distances. The bands also allow him to contact his alien guardian, Epoch.
1. Quasar is the proverbial boyscout among the badass crowd of Marvel. In an universe that is sometimes populated with heroes gritting their teeth and handling big guns, Quasar is just a guy that doesn't want to see anyone killed.
2. He's died twice and came back on pure force of will (and a little help).
3. He was the everyman 'Green Lantern' before Kyle Rayner was even a glint in anybody's eyes.

1. I've been in this and the DC RPG before and I've brought with me some creative angles to various stories.
2. I can make Quasar cool, which is an obvious asset to the RPG. ;)

Font?: "Yo, I'm Quasar."

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: However much is necessary/I feel like posting.
Quasar.jpg

I talked this over with Master Bruce and with his permission, I give you…

MARVEL RPG SEASON V

Screen Name: Red X

Character you would like to play on Earth: Wolverine

Powers: Regenerative healing factor, guitared aging, retractable claws, Adamantium-laced skeleton, superhumanly acute senses, heightened strength, stamina, agility and reaction time.

I want to take some influence from the Millar and Clairmont’s mini-series and explore the idea of who is Logan; animal or man? And can he hold onto his humanity?

2. Behind the fierce exterior and the take no **** attitude, he is a very emotionally scarred and lonely character. I always like to try and bring a human element to my characters so I want to explore that side of Logan.

3. The general feeling with Wolverine at the moment is that character is becoming too “overexposed”; you could even say he’s a parody of who he once was. I want portray him as the character I’ve grown up with; that underdog loner who wouldn’t give up, the man who’s in constant conflict with himself caging a savage beast inside.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I feel I've grown as a writter and would like the challenge of Wolverine. Charlie No-one, ElectroFlare and I have a fun arc cooked up, that should be very engaging.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As often as needed.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: I hope so?

As well as. . .

MARVEL RPG SEASON V

Screen Name: Red X

Iron Man/Tony Stark

Powers:
Genius-level intellect. The amour grants him vast superhuman strength and flight capabilities, aswell as many offensive weapon.

1. I want to take Tony out of the armor and focus on him.

2. I have something planned which I’ve put a lot of thought into that should make a very compelling and different story.

3. I’m not happy with my portrayal in season IV and want to improve upon it.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: Hopefully a good portrayal of a great character. As well as an engaging and different arc.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As often as needed.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards? : Look below…

imcover3.jpg

MARVEL RPG SEASON IV

Screen Name:unstoppable

Character you would like to play on Earth:Bruce Banner aka The Hulk
Powers:Superhuman strength and durability

1. I love the hulk

2. He is very strong

3. He's green

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG
Well, to make it simple,Hulk Smash.'Hulk no lose Hulk strongest one there is"a quote from hulk himself
How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:At least once a day
Do you know how to post pictures on the :yes
issue4.jpg

yay i got the picture right!

Hate to be a dick unstoppable but it says: proper English grammar.

Harlekin said:
Hate to be a dick unstoppable but it says: proper English grammar.
I know but when it comes to the hulk grammar is not his strong point

Grammar is not his strong point when it comes to speech, certainly, but the rest still requires approiate grammar.

Harlekin said:
Grammar is not his strong point when it comes to speech, certainly, but the rest still requires approiate grammar.
Yeah,sorry about that

This season takes place One Year After Season IV.
Knock off of DC you say? Well...you're RIGHT! But this time it's going to be bigger and better than anything that has ever been cooked up before!

Where is Spider-Man? Who is Rogue's baby's father? How's Scarlet Witch's and Hawkeye's first year of marriage?
Who's the new Scarlet Spider *and why does Iron Man wanna see her in lingerie*?

I can only assume Twy had a hand in that line ;)

Two, but should wait to be approved for Hulk first then get your footing in the RPG.

Red X said:
Two, but would wait to be approved for Hulk first then get your footing in the RPG.
you got two of the best characters in marvel
But I'm not worried

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"