• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight The Little Things That Made The Dark Knight Such A Great Film

Well I think the moments where there was no sound is probably my favorite. I love segments where they don't utilize noise and it seems far more powerful. I think the best use of it was right after Joker's "LOOK AT ME" and all that can be heard is the handling of the camera. The theater itself jumped, especially since they were laughing with the Joker just a few seconds ago.

I think the WSS is indeed the best track followed by Like A Dog Chasing Cars, than Agent of Chaos, And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad, and finally Watch the World Burn

A couple quickies for me is when Batman puts on his cowl just before he's about to shoot the timebombs onto the building in Hong Kong. You can really see the difference in this Batman and previous ones, this one is truly a vigilante. Something not very common in a Batman movie, clearly.

And when he blocks the door in the interrogation room (especially how he just jams it in so fiercely, like "I'm gonna need a minute with this clown"). I love how he walks so calmly to the door when Gordon is sprinting around to get back in but gets locked out.

One of my favorite moments was when Joker crashes the dinner party, and he has a Rachel at gunpoint.

"Drop the gun"
"Oh, and you just take off that little mask and show us all who you really are"

And then theres a small chuckle from Ledger before he shoots the window open.
That little laugh he was able to spontaneously drop in there made the character feel so genuine.

You know every time I see Joker do that laugh then turn around to put Rachel at the window I wonder, "Why the heck isn't Batman sprinting over there to send The Joker to the floor while his back is turned for that small amount of time?" :hehe:

You know every time I see Joker do that laugh then turn around to put Rachel at the window I wonder, "Why the heck isn't Batman sprinting over there to send The Joker to the floor while his back is turned for that small amount of time?" :hehe:

Cause even batman is taken back by how bat**** crazy this guy is. and the joker knows what hes going to do...and hes testing to see if he's right about him. "the way you threw yourself at her..."

Cause even batman is taken back by how bat**** crazy this guy is. and the joker knows what hes going to do...and hes testing to see if he's right about him. "the way you threw yourself at her..."
HitTheNailOnTheHead.gif

I think of Johnny Depp as soft personally. You can't get him as edward scissorhands out of my head, ever. Even when ledger was playing a gay he was still kicking people in the teeth.

No, Joker in the third. Eckhart even said, Nolan would never ever re-cast him. And I called this when Heath first passed away. Nolan is too classy to re-cast such an iconic thing Heath did.

No, Joker in the third. Eckhart even said, Nolan would never ever re-cast him. And I called this when Heath first passed away. Nolan is too classy to re-cast such an iconic thing Heath did.
Ya, while Nolan is an amazing film maker he respects Heaths commitment to the role. I think we should see Joker in more movies in the future just not in Nolan's series.

My favourite scene in the whole film was the part where Gordon realizes Joker WANTED to be caught, that all of this was part of the plan. Then it cuts to Joker hanging out of the cop car with just that low frequency bass humming in the background. That to me is one of THE most epic, iconic scenes I've seen in any film, ever. Thats what I thought was so great about TDK, small scenes that could simply be called "cool" were used perfectly to be more than just "cool".

3. Harvey reaction to Batman finding him instead of Rachel. "NO! NO! NOT ME! WHY ARE YOU COMING FOR ME?!
..and Rachel is listening to the whole thing. Imagine how she felt in her last moments.. knowing that they chose not to save her but someone else.. oh, bleak, bleak, bleak

..and Rachel is listening to the whole thing. Imagine how she felt in her last moments.. knowing that they chose not to save her but someone else.. oh, bleak, bleak, bleak

I can just see her thoughts like "Why didn't Bruce come for me? He must've been mad at the note I left him."

Even when Batman opens the door he just looks around like "WTF? Should I save him or go get Rachel."

You just see the deception poor over him.

Yea some people were saying that there is no reaction from Batman there, but I think he clearly hesitates for a split second. He realizes he has been tricked and will have to let the love of his life die, but he still carries on. Thats what Batman is all about.

Ya, while Nolan is an amazing film maker he respects Heaths commitment to the role. I think we should see Joker in more movies in the future just not in Nolan's series.

Agreed.

Yea some people were saying that there is no reaction from Batman there, but I think he clearly hesitates for a split second. He realizes he has been tricked and will have to let the love of his life die, but he still carries on. Thats what Batman is all about.

And yea I thought there was a huge reaction, it was just a split second. He did pause, the look on his face, you could just see it hit him like a ton of bricks, yet he still carried on.

Very well said.

And yea I thought there was a huge reaction, it was just a split second. He did pause, the look on his face, you could just see it hit him like a ton of bricks, yet he still carried on.

I think the fact that he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks for a moment as soon as he saw Harvey spoke volumes about how Batman felt at the time. I mean, before he runs like crazy after he gets off the Batpod, breaks the locks in rage, kicks the door open and bashes his way in and when he sees Harvey lying there...he stops, perhaps even hesitated for a second there.

I can just see her thoughts like "Why didn't Bruce come for me? He must've been mad at the note I left him."

Even when Batman opens the door he just looks around like "WTF? Should I save him or go get Rachel."

You just see the deception poor over him.
:up: :up:

Of course there is! Hit 'em for me, Ace :oldrazz:

I think the fact that he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks for a moment as soon as he saw Harvey spoke volumes about how Batman felt at the time. I mean, before he runs like crazy after he gets off the Batpod, breaks the locks in rage, kicks the door open and bashes his way in and when he sees Harvey lying there...he stops, perhaps even hesitated for a second there.
Felt more like a "wtf your not rachel"

Swiftly followed by a falling rain shower of .....

darkknight_trailer_screengrab_cards.jpg

...all accompanied by kickass music, the Mayor's smokin' brandy glass, and Oldman yelling: "GET A MEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!" :wow:

Alright that's a whole scene not a little moment but sue me.

Yea that scene is brilliant. The way the music slowly builds up untill you hear that Joker sound as he comes out of the lift. Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"