The Dark Knight Inner monologue/Narration in TDK?

jrs2345

Artist
Reaction score
I was curious if any of you Batman fans out there would like to see some inner monologue or narration in The Dark Knight? Obviously Batman's inner monologue is very prevalent in the comics, so would it work on film?

I personally would like to see it, especially with how well Nolan has handled it in a little film called "Memento." I also think with TDK we should see a progression of Batman's detective skills.

Anyways, I'd like to hear your thoughts about this or any other things you'd like to see in TDK.

J

Inner monologue is left to the audience, not the director.

IT did work great for Momento not so much for this type of movie.

I say no. but I think Bale should do it for his audio commentary on the DVDs.

Maybe. It depends on how it's done. If Nolan wanted it, he could make it kick ass, noir style. But, I doubt that's the direction Nolan's going in.

Thanks for the thoughts and opinions. I do understand the reasons for not having it in the film. I'm just curious as to how Nolan would do it and if it would work. Maybe he'll choose the Batman and Alfred banter in the bat cave a la Batman: The Animated Series :yay:

There's no reason for Batman to narrate the film. Batman isn't the type of character who has to explain himself. Narration would work best for Spider-Man.

No thought bubbles in TDK please.

I prefer no narration. I love the Spider-Man man movies, but I could really do without Peter Parker's narrations. Just let the movie speak for itself.

I didn't like the Spider-man movies at all, so I can't say that much about that narration other than Tobey's voice is to "puberty" ridden. Actually saying some of his lines from that movie is a pretty funny joke amoung some of my friends (especially the new trailer for 3.)

Anyway, I understand why people don't want to see narration. I just wanted to see what the Batman fans thought. I guess I'm just a big fan of film noir:yay:

Anyway, I understand why people don't want to see narration. I just wanted to see what the Batman fans thought. I guess I'm just a big fan of film noir:yay:
Same. Noir is one of the most highly praised genres of film, and it's full of narration. Yet somehow it can't work despite being featured in many Hollywood classics? Anyone care to explain why?

:huh:

Narration and inner monologue is usually an excuse for lazy writing. There wasn't any in Batman Begins, which had a beautiful narrative and pacing. There's no need for it in The Dark Knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"