• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Lodge

The script for this is terrible, but Riley will probably be great

At first glance I thought this was a lounge for the movie forum.

The palette and tone for this reminds of Let the Right One in.

I thought this movie was just ok overall, but the ending was the least of its problems. Fantastic atmosphere and visuals though and a really strong performance from Riley Keough, but I hated Richard Armitage's character and Jaeden Martell and the actress who played his sister were just completely unlikable and unsympathetic. This movie had some great build up, but the payoff was very underwhelming IMO.

Saw this movie back when it was still playing in theaters, for the brief time that it was. Posted my thoughts in the Horror thread: The Horror Thread - Part 7

I remember being intrigued by the trailer. This movie could've been so much better with better writing, too bad the plot and characterization brought it down.

I liked where it was heading, even when the twist changed that... but, then they totally dropped the ball on the fall out/after effects of kid's doing such a horrific "joke" to someone.

Yeah so much of the movie didn't sit well with me, but I found it impossible to like or feel sorry for his character. Not to mention he broke so many ethical rules just from his job alone.
Even though the film was heavy handed in its foreshadowing, I give it props for still misleading you into thinking that just maybe there was more to it, but nope. The only person I felt sorry for at the end was Grace.

Even though the film was heavy handed in its foreshadowing, I give it props for still misleading you into thinking that just maybe there was more to it, but nope. The only person I felt sorry for at the end was Grace.

I felt sorry for Laura, the ex-wife.

Yeah Riley Keough and Alicia Silverstone's characters were really the only ones I felt any sympathy for. Both were the biggest victims of Richard Armtiage's selfishness and stupidity too.

I think the only way this movie's ending would've worked was if
it was revealed that the dad was in on it the whole time, otherwise he just looks like a moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"