Bambi: The Reckoning

The title had me laugh a little here...haha.

I don't know why...
Maybe because of the cute image of the Disney movie that the word "Bambi" and "Reckoning" side by side seems...odd to say the least. Lol.

So now Bambi gets to hunt the hunter who shot his mother? Haha.

Forget Disney's remakes, THIS is the dumbest trend in film right now. First Winnie The Pooh, then The Grinch, and now freaking Bambi with apparently Peter Pan right afterwards. What next, Peter Rabbit? And outside of the Grinch one, the rest of these don't even claim to be satirical! This is just some *****ebag indie director (someone else did the aforementioned Grinch one) out to get people upset while thinking he's being creative or clever when he isn't. He's just a dumb edgelord. No sensible person looks at Bambi and goes "What if it were more like Cujo?" Go make your own killer deer movie without sullying the memory of a more famous story. And they look very damn cheap even for indie standards. I'm assuming this Bambi one is either really crap CGI or some dude in a cheap deer costume. Screw this trend. I hope it crashes and burns quickly.

This sounds fun if it doesn't take itself too seriously and leans into the absurdity like Rubber or what I hope that movie Cocaine Bear is gonna be.

Forget Disney's remakes, THIS is the dumbest trend in film right now. First Winnie The Pooh, then The Grinch, and now freaking Bambi with apparently Peter Pan right afterwards. What next, Peter Rabbit? And outside of the Grinch one, the rest of these don't even claim to be satirical! This is just some *****ebag indie director (someone else did the aforementioned Grinch one) out to get people upset while thinking he's being creative or clever when he isn't. He's just a dumb edgelord. No sensible person looks at Bambi and goes "What if it were more like Cujo?" Go make your own killer deer movie without sullying the memory of a more famous story. And they look very damn cheap even for indie standards. I'm assuming this Bambi one is either really crap CGI or some dude in a cheap deer costume. Screw this trend. I hope it crashes and burns quickly.
I don't think it's worth getting so worked up over this

Last edited:
This sounds fun if it doesn't take itself too seriously and leans into the absurdity like Rubber or what I hope that movie Cocaine Bear is gonna be.
Except the only one of these that might be is the Grinch one. And again, that's a different guy from the other dude doing the rest of these. At least the Mean One is being marketed as a parody. The others aren't; the Pooh one is being presented as a straight slasher with no sense of irony or fun. Go look at the trailer. You wonder why I'm upset, that's why. If you're gonna do this, at least be silly and have fun with it. Even schlock like Thankskilling and GingerDead Man did that, despite being terrible.

Except the only one of these that might be is the Grinch one. And again, that's a different guy from the other dude doing the rest of these. At least the Mean One is being marketed as a parody. The others aren't; the Pooh one is being presented as a straight slasher with no sense of irony or fun. Go look at the trailer. You wonder why I'm upset, that's why. If you're gonna do this, at least be silly and have fun with it. Even schlock like Thankskilling and GingerDead Man did that, despite being terrible.
Yeah you're missing the point of what I'm saying. Im not saying that I don't get why you don't like the idea. I'm saying it's weird to be the level of mad you were in the previous post. It's a Bambi movie. The movie is nothing personal against you. Just don't watch it. :shrug:
Not telling you how to act at all or trying to insult. I just think it's weird and not conductive for a conversation about the concept

Didn't we already do this one live action?

Now that^ was funny!
“The film will be an incredibly dark retelling of the story we all know and love. Finding inspiration from the design used in Netflix’s The Ritual, Bambi will be a vicious killing machine that lurks in the wilderness. Prepare for Bambi on rabies!”
These bozos see themselves being some grimdark, edgy rebels, reimagining this already done idea.
And not aware they are already, a several years old parody.

But yeah, if Bambi was Jaws taking revenge on humans, of course there will be a checked my brain at the door audience for it.:funny:

Last edited:

I mean, being fair, Peter Pan *absolutely* works as a horror movie. "Peter Pan is a dangerous fae being who kidnaps children" is almost subtext in the original work. All you really need to do is dial down the child-safing of the "fairy tale", and most of your work is done.

( "Captain Hook as an English captain who started hunting Peter Pan because he took Hook's son to join the Lost Boys" optional, but recommended. *ahem* )

People have made that joke forever, but honestly, it feels weird. Not because it doesn't make logical sense, but because in the actual Bambi movie, that simply wasn't how The Hunter was portrayed. Thematically, Bambi's death wasn't an act of evil, The Hunter was basically a tragic natural disaster. Bambi seeking revenge for it makes as much sense as seeking revenge on the wave in The Perfect Storm.

This sounds like a great idea! Hope they make it suitably stupid!

To out do the absurdity of Cocaine Bear.
Revenge Bambi might need to at least snort something... skunky?

72xeim.gif

Hope they make it suitably stupid!
Apparently whoever has the stupidest idea in Hollywood wins.:oldrazz:

Last edited:
They should change the title to "Bambi: Dead Reckoning" to add a little name recognition.:smilingeyes::tongue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"