The Man Who Laughs HC

No motivation? I would think Joker's little monologues in TKJ perfectly outlined his motivation.

He thinks life is stupid and pointless, and his crimes are his way of making that point. Revenge is fine for villains like Mr. Freeze and Two-Face, but not the Joker.

Joker always has a motivation of some kind. It may not make much sense to a sane person, but it's always there.

I was wondering why The Man Who Laughs is so expensive? The cheapest I've seen it for on Amazon is $47.95. What gives?

They only did one print run I believe and it sold out pretty quick. It's also the introduction of the Joker and is a darn good read. I picked up my copy on eBay for $50 plus postage and packaging.

But fear not, The Man Who Laughs is being re-released later this year to coincide with The Dark Knight, and it includes the original story as well as some bonus material as well I believe.

All good in da hood.

I have The Man Who Laughs its awesome but if the new one has some nice extras I might pick it up again

I got TMWL for $50 from eBay including P+P a few months ago, well worth it, and actually quite glad I got the original. First editions are always better.

If I remember correctly I predicted either on here or on IMDB that DC would release MWL and KJ for TDK. Looks like I was right. woot.

I have The Man Who Laughs its awesome but if the new one has some nice extras I might pick it up again

It has a Batman/Green Lantern story by Brubaker attached to it. It just...doesn't make sense. :csad:

It's Alan Scott. It makes all kinds of sense. :gl:

Not really, but it's still Alan ****ing Scott.

Nah I agree with BubbaGump, it doesn't make any sense to attach an unrelated story by an unrelated artists (could be wrong, but my copy doesn't mention him) they'd be better putting in another Joker story, like the 30's origin or something.

Nah I agree with BubbaGump, it doesn't make any sense to attach an unrelated story by an unrelated artists (could be wrong, but my copy doesn't mention him) they'd be better putting in another Joker story, like the 30's origin or something.

It's by the same author, so it's in some way related. Doesn't make it any better though.

Oh right, sorry, I just read the Alan Scott bit, my bad, got confused.

Still doesn't make any sense.

can someone PM me a link to a place i can download this to my computer (whether it be by torrent or what have you)?
i've been search torrent sites forever now looking for it and simply cannot find it anywhere.

thanks

Awesome. I just picked up two copies of the killing joke (first printing) for $5 each at my comic shop

so all together, ive paid $10 for The Killing Joke and The Man Who Laughs (picked up TMWL for $5 at a festival earlier this year)

No freakin' way!

That's awsome, well done sir!

Actually, I also picked up TMWL for 5 bucks at a comic convention last year. Kind of a funny story but keep in mind I can't remember all of it word for word!.

I asked like 10 diffrent stands if they had it and they all said no. But then I asked this one guy and he says "... JOKER!" then he starts looking threw his stash and I say something to the effect of "Oh man this is something I have wanted for a long time" and he is like "Don't tell me that because then I could up the price, you should be like well if you got it then thats cool" he looks at the price on the bar code which was around 6 or 7 dollars and says "I guess 5 dollars is good"

What a nice guy!

It comes out today! Amazing because I just spent all my Barnes and Noble gifts card money on buying the three Knightfall TPBs.

I am probably running to my comic shop around the afternoon to see if it is there.

i work next door to forbidden planet in london, roll on lunch time! ive wanted to read this for ages!

And I got it ages ago...

Not gloating, just... Gloating.

preordered it from Amazon a while ago. just waiting on arrival :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"