The Man Who Laughs HC

This goes extremely well with my Year One HC.

If it was just MWL, it would warrant a purchase. However, the GL story is a good three parter Detective Story. Plus it has my favorite thing in Batman comics: Gordon internal dialogue. I love his perspective on things.

Yeah the Gordon innerlogue is awsome, I just love the first few pages where he's like 'What's happening to the world? Batmen and Supermen and now this' And you see all the twisted bodies.

how is the art in that GL story?

Yeah the Gordon innerlogue is awsome, I just love the first few pages where he's like 'What's happening to the world? Batmen and Supermen and now this' And you see all the twisted bodies.

but somehow it doesn't make sense, because in the post-crisis continuity there were superheroes and supervillains BEFORE Batman and Superman, Flash & companions appeared. Alan Scott, the whole JSA.

Personally I prefer the idea that Superman was the first superhero.

but somehow it doesn't make sense, because in the post-crisis continuity there were superheroes and supervillains BEFORE Batman and Superman, Flash & companions appeared. Alan Scott, the whole JSA.

Personally I prefer the idea that Superman was the first superhero.

maybe they should have another crisis....

anyways, picked up the hardcover today. Really nice looking. Perhaps i'll put it next to my ::ahem:: TMWL paperback?:o :woot:

Still waiting for mine from Amazon :cmad: I want it now!

Still waiting for mine from Amazon :cmad: I want it now!

you're going to have to keep on waiting. I just got an email saying the order would be delayed, and then I called in to find out what was going on. Amazon.ca got word from the publisher that they won't be getting it until March 31. :cmad:

you're going to have to keep on waiting. I just got an email saying the order would be delayed, and then I called in to find out what was going on. Amazon.ca got word from the publisher that they won't be getting it until March 31. :cmad:

:(:(:(

That's not cool.

Got it today from my local comic store, it looks awesome between my Year One Hardcover and my "The Man Who Laughs" trade paperback :)

Lol, this is the first time I've seen this thread, and the other day I walked into my regular Comic Shop and just saw it sitting there. Only copy, too. :hoboj:

pick this up now!!!! after reading..you will see how much others have stolen from this storyline..(ahem, batman confidential) however, as rad as "made of wood" was...seemed....forced in the book...shoulda just made a Man who laughs/Killing Joke collectors' edition....mmmmmm

pick this up now!!!! after reading..you will see how much others have stolen from this storyline..(ahem, batman confidential) however, as rad as "made of wood" was...seemed....forced in the book...shoulda just made a Man who laughs/Killing Joke collectors' edition....mmmmmm

Yeah, as much as I loved "Made of Wood", it seemed kinda out of place with TMWL. Does anybody know the connection between the 2 stories?

Either way, I'm glad it was in cuz it was an awesome story that I would have never read if it weren't in, so I'm all for it! :hoboj::up:

For any canucks out there. Is amazon.ca the only place that is releasing it late here? Or can it be picked up here at comic stores or chapters? If so I may just cancel my order and pick it up at my local comic book store.

Yeah, as much as I loved "Made of Wood", it seemed kinda out of place with TMWL. Does anybody know the connection between the 2 stories?

Either way, I'm glad it was in cuz it was an awesome story that I would have never read if it weren't in, so I'm all for it! :hoboj::up:
As best as I can tell, they're both just Brubaker stories about Batman.

My store had quite a few copies on it's shelves. I got a chance to read through the whole thing, loved it. I might pick it up.

Got mine on Friday, I hadn't read it yet. I loved it, really great story.

What was the reaction to this the first time it came out for it to sell out so quickly?

I read it and it's alright but I wouldn't consider it a classic just yet.

Ive never read this comic, but plan on it.

Can anyone post any panels from it?

I am curious to know what the art looks like

--dk7

WOW!!!!

DEFINATELY!!!! buying this...

I knew what the story was about, but I never knew the artwork was so amazing:)

can't wait

--dk7

Yeah, Brubaker's quickly becoming one of my favorite current writers - this and "Catwoman;" the issues of "Criminal Minds" we got from him at Wizard World '06 were pretty good, but there was something off about the dialogue, and I haven't bothered to pick up the rest yet.

On the bonus side, my brother and I did get to discuss Bendis with him, and what we thought about how he writes dialogue. That was cool, even if we disagreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"