The Matrix Resurrections

I like Speed Racer...That can't sell but The Roadchip made money.....the world is a cold dark place.

I still feel that they chose the wrong anime property to adapt.

It should have been Gatchaman.

A Wachowski Gatchaman with the budget that Speed Racer had... Imagine it. Then think about how there are so many elements in that franchise that are right up their alley.

KBOUpBu.jpg

bcwQOuK.jpg
This teleports me 20 years into the past. Feels good.

He could start off this way and by the end get a shave and a haircut. His return may have something to do with the look hair/beard look.

He also could look this way in the "matrix" and maybe in the "real world" he'll have short hair/no beard. Maybe they're trying to distinguish the two worlds look more this time around?

That's a possibility.

I remember reading newspapers when they were shooting the original Matrix film and there were all these rumours that Keanu was sick because he was so thin, pale and had lost his hair, etc. None of them knew it was all done on purpose for the scenes where he woke up in the pod.

Man that building jump gives me nightmares...stuntman/woman arent appreciated enough, so scary.
I honestly have no clue what to think about this even with the stuff we saw, i have no idea how they go back to the matrix and all.

Never thought Matrix would ever get a sequel, reboot i could have seen...but not that they would ever continue the story after 3.
But lets see, im kind of getting hyped for that to be honest.

My biggest question at this point is if Neo is actually alive, or are we just seeing some digital representation/avatar of him created by the Matrix. Although his Christ-like pose as the machines held him and self-sacrifice in the final fight with Smith suggested he had given up his life to save everyone, it was left extremely ambiguous at the end of the last film as to whether he was in a coma of sorts or actually dead.

I guess there's also the possibility that he could be dead in the real world, but within the Matrix his essence was somehow reconstituted and pulled back together. It would be an interesting route to travel down; immortality of sorts for humans, but they'd have to rely on the existence of the machines to achieve it.

I always took the ending to REV to actually be less a Christ nod so much as an Arthur to Avalon type deal.

What I hated about Revolutions is that it barely spends time in the Matrix.

Since around 70% of the film was spent in the real world, it makes for a very difficult watch, due to the somber feel of the Battle of Zion, the Machine City and the dark color grading overall of these scenes.

Yeah, it's a very ugly film and the "real world" just sucks. I know that it's supposed to show how brutal life is and all that but... one of the things that made the first Matrix work (and the second one, to a lesser extent) was the sense of a style. At the end of the day, those movies just looked cool. The real world takes that element away.

Also, the characters they chose to focus so much of the movie on in Zion (Generic Mech Suit Guy and "the kid") were just awful.

It could be made to be a satisfying conclusion to what came before while opening up all kinds of doors for the future.

True. I hope it's something like that.

Also, the characters they chose to focus so much of the movie on in Zion (Generic Mech Suit Guy and "the kid") were just awful.

Hey! Generic Mech Suit Guy was the only one in the entire third movie who could fight! Everyone else just...died flippantly or surrendered. He at least died while fighting. Even Neo, who did both. The kid however...had a piece of a girder or rock or the speakers from the cave-sex scene in part 2 just fallen on him after the war ended, that would have been fine by me.

What I hated about Revolutions is that it barely spends time in the Matrix.

Since around 70% of the film was spent in the real world, it makes for a very difficult watch, due to the somber feel of the Battle of Zion, the Machine City and the dark color grading overall of these scenes.
I could hardly blame Cypher from wanting to get out of that place and back into The Matrix as a top dog.

So, apparently they are shooting stuff on a set called Simulatte.... I mean, c'mon this just brings tears of joy

Screenshot_20200220-030937_YouTube.jpg

The first Matrix was great. I can't believe they haven't put out another solid movie since then. This could be the exception, but I highly doubt it.

For whatever reason, I'm trying to think of taglines or how they could market this movie.

"Free your mind.....AGAIN"

"Everything that has an ending, has another beginning"

Bring Joey Pants back! Yeah, he’s dead but so is Neo and Trinity and they’re back.

One thing that hit me recently as I have been re-watching Matrix is how 'before its time' it was on multiple levels, not just the effects and the type of story but something as basic as the casting as well. Now with movies I feel they always try to make a big deal out of casting. "Look we have an awesome female lead kicking men around" or "Look we got a lot of different people of color in this movie" yet The Matrix did it really smooth IMO. I mean just in the original alone, you got Trinity who is a kickass female character and Morpheus who is black but just an awesome character. As a kid when I first watched this, I didn't even once stop to think about this but I just liked these characters because they were great.

One thing that hit me recently as I have been re-watching Matrix is how 'before its time' it was on multiple levels, not just the effects and the type of story but something as basic as the casting as well. Now with movies I feel they always try to make a big deal out of casting. "Look we have an awesome female lead kicking men around" or "Look we got a lot of different people of color in this movie" yet The Matrix did it really smooth IMO. I mean just in the original alone, you got Trinity who is a kickass female character and Morpheus who is black but just an awesome character. As a kid when I first watched this, I didn't even once stop to think about this but I just liked these characters because they were great.

Even beyond the first film it was certainly a diverse trilogy in terms of casting of core/central characters, which was welcome - they had the examples mentioned above, but also (no doubt aided by filming in Australia) there were also cast members of Asian, Samoan and Aboriginal descent. Not to mention French, Italian and more. I suppose we should have expected no less from the Wachowskis, who through their own experiences are very embracive of different cultures and so on.

I feel the casting enhanced the trilogy greatly, not just in terms of acting experience brought by those actors but by making the whole Matrix world seem bigger and more inclusive. We often only saw one the one city visually, but have to assume that within the Matrix there was the entire Earth, with countries and diversity.

Liking what I'm seeing so far with the filming. But one thing this movie needs and I haven't seen discussed yet is whether they are bringing back the original score composer, Don Davis. The music is so memorable and iconic.

I wanna hear the "Trinity/Infinity" score from Matrix 1 in the first teaser like Reloaded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"