The MATRIX Appreciation Thread

Some weird coincidence, there's been alot of Matrix related content popping up in my feed.

Video's about Sophia Stewart,

Then IGN posted this.

Then I scroll through the forum, and this Matrix thread is sitting at the top of the Misc film thread.

I guess the anniversary is going to re-spark some interest.

I've got to say, I think the Wachowski's did a phenomenal job at connecting all there mediums in there shared universe. Between the games, animated shorts, comics and movies, it's all seemed pretty seamless.

Whereas Marvel can't really get there movies and tv shows to sync up. I guess having one creative mind(s) controlling the everything helps in that process.

Not knocking the MCU of course.

The Wachowskis sure could use a hit. I think The Matrix trilogy was their last? They’ve tried and tried to get new franchises off the ground and failed.

It’s the 20-year anniversary so makes sense there’s a lot of talk about it.

I still remember being in my college dorm and seeing tv ads for “What is the Matrix?” and going to some message board trying to find info on it. Fandom back then definitely wasn’t what it is now, and it was possible for a movie like The Matrix to get released without anyone knowing anything about it.

I miss those days because you could still be legitimately surprised in the theater. Nowadays it’s so hard to avoid spoilers, even the smallest ones, because every bit of casting or set photo gets thrown into a headline.

Is there going to be a retrospective panel at SDCC?

:funny: That Wilhelm Schmidt video. Pretty funny about Kilmer as Morpheus too.

I don't even hate Wild Wild West though. *Dives for cover* :yay: It's lame, but it is what it is. Pretty bland light fun, it's inoffensive enough.

Hadn't heard about Bullock being offered Neo either. Guess it would have fit in with her Hackers character. :oldrazz: Might have worked, she'd fit it better than Big Willie Stylez anyway.

If you're talking about the movie Hackers, S.Bullock was not in, it was A.Jolie

If you're talking about the movie Hackers, S.Bullock was not in, it was A.Jolie

****. Yeah, intended that as "hacker character", no capital or plural. Brainfart.

But yeah, was referring to The Net. Same era.

The Matrix Neo Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c4ca89b.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c5c61c9.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c6c84ad.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c47a8be.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c379a4c.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c426cf9.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c675a35.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c77992d.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3c576616.jpg

neo_the-matrix_gallery_5c4fd3cd42dac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread