The Wachowski's and Keanu to make Plastic Man ?

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/keanu-reeves-as-plastic-man-whoa-5001

By George 'El Guapo' Roush on July 15, 2008

newspic5001.jpg

I've always been a fan of Plastic Man since I was a kid. He was much more personable than that stuffy ass Reed Richards. Now underwear inspector Devin over at CHUD is reporting on the Wachowski's wanting to make a movie based off of the character. His source from Berlin named Ballack says the Wachowski's want Keanu in the role.

Would a Plastic Man movie ever be greenlit? Speed Racer tanked at the box office (my review is here) so the Wachoswski weight may not be as mighty as it once was. But after creating the Matrix trilogy of films, the brothers probably don't have much to worry about.

Plastic Man isn't one of the bigger heroes like The Flash and Wonder Woman, so I think before anything is done with him, Warner Brothers is going to focus on those properties first and foremost. But we'll see. Hollywood likes to do nutty things, so here's hoping they stretch their library a bit on comic book related movies. Get it? STRETCH? AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Oh man. I am so stupid fresh.

Click HERE to read the article from CHUD.

i think ill watch anthing the W bros do
they won me over with the matrix and still have me interested in them

they should do a superman movie for christ sake.

Nah, I lost my faith in them, especially after Speed Racer. Seriously, their only two good movies were The Matrix and V for Vendetta, which wasn't even directed by them.

Not really too thrilled IF this turns out to be true. I loved Speed Racer, I thought it was cinematic eye candy with a heart of gold, but Id truly love to see the Wachowskis go back and make a smaller crime thriller similar to Bound.

Ill still be anxiously awaiting this if real though.

I don't like the Wachoswki's, but I like Keanu and I want to see more DC characters brought to life.

Giggidy :up:

Not too real thrilled IF this turns out to be true. I loved Speed Racer, I thought it was cinematic eye candy with a heart of gold, but Id truly love to see the Wachowskis go back and make a smaller crime thriller similar to Bound.

Ill still be anxiously awaiting this if real though.

:grin: Agreed! That movie shouldn't have bombed! Arrrgh.

After seeing Speed Racer...I'll watch anything they make :)
To me SR is one of the BIGGEST most under-rated films ever made.

You guys should read the original article. LatinoReview updated it with some additional info

- With the nitty gritty out of the way, he started a heavy discussion on a subject known to many comic book fans called Plastic Man. This is what i have been able to recall.

- The Wachowski's are using their original 1996 script which he says would have been the most expensive movie ever made had it been green lit back then.

- With the recent disappointment regarding Speed Racer, the Brothers decided it was time to give the fans what they want (Old school Wachowski production). He says the boys are prepping the movie the way they did it on the first Matrix with the intention of blowing **** up like never before.

- Movie will focus on Action, Character and then special effects. Says the Brothers feel the world can't handle another movie ten years ahead of its time (Speed Racer), however, they will be putting action scenes together that will follow the format of the first matrix with the first half of the movie detailing the plot/character and the final half being non-stop action.

- Here's the big announcement. Joel repeated this twice, Keanu Reeves will be playing the character of Patrick "Eel" O'Brian a.k.a Plastic Man. Joel mentioned the Brothers felt it had been too long since they last collaborated and feel they will only ever now work with him for all their future movies.

- Looking for a Dec 09 release world wide. Tentative to change if effects work is delayed.

The part where they said they would blow up stuff made me smile :woot:

dear lord why plastic man. from all the comicbooks ....why plastic man.........WHY??????????????????????????????????
the creators of the matrix want to do plastic man????????????????superman,transformers,iron man,.......... and they will do plastic man???????

when you think about car action yo uthink about Bay. thats why he is doing transformers. when yo u think about flying,action,fighting you think about the W brothers.

dear lord why plastic man. from all the comicbooks ....why plastic man.........WHY??????????????????????????????????
the creators of the matrix want to do plastic man????????????????superman,transformers,iron man,.......... and they will do plastic man???????

when you think about car action yo uthink about Bay. thats why he is doing transformers. when yo u think about flying,action,fighting you think about the W brothers.

Because they love the character. Do some googling on Plastic Man. They wrote an earlier script on it before beginning work on the first matrix movie.
And i'd rather have a director who loves a certain character then someone who doesn't know nothing about the character.
At least you know that you'll get a faithful movie.

At least they want to do something other than Superman and Batman. I'm all for it. Hope they explore the fact that Eel O'Brien was a criminal before becoming Plas and his using his fame as a superhero to score chicks resulting in a son he ends up running out on.

But they need to Ditch Keanu. He's waaaaaayyyy too wooden for Plas. Jim Carey or nobody.

Not that I dont want a plastic man movie but How can you come up with that as a priority? Is WB president on crack?:huh:

Dump Keanu and this might be worth doing. Jim Carrey was born for this role.

Not that I dont want a plastic man movie but How can you come up with that as a priority? Is WB president on crack?:huh:

Well, they got this massive stable of characters, why not use them? They got a script already by some big time directors, it likely wont need as huge a budget as say a Green Lantern or Flash movie. Why not? Sure it'll probably bomb, but hey, take a chance.

That would be great but He seems not want to be a comedian anymore.

Maybe johny knoxville

johnny_knoxville.jpg

Walking around his his GF's bathing suit the other day says differently.

And yeah, Knoxville would be awesome. He has the right amount of scuminess to pull of such a character.

Well, they got this massive stable of characters, why not use them? They got a script already by some big time directors, it likely wont need as huge a budget as say a Green Lantern or Flash movie. Why not? Sure it'll probably bomb, but hey, take a chance.

Im not saying that Plastic man movie wouldn't be funny. But why That first? And why spending 20 millions on Keanu reeve for something that could be a Bomb. I m gonna repeat my self again: why doing things that nobody ask for? I mean you check all the superhero forums and all you see is the flash, wonder woman, green lantern, green arrow or even aquaman. Nobody talks about Plastic man. I do think we should have a plastic man movie but first always look for what People want!

Loved the Matrix movies, loved Speed Racer, Bound...not so much. I think this will be great, looking forward to Ninja Assassin too.

Im not saying that Plastic man movie wouldn't be funny. But why That first? And why spending 20 millions on Keanu reeve for something that could be a Bomb. I m gonna repeat my self again: why doing things that nobody ask for? I mean you check all the superhero forums and all you see is the flash, wonder woman, green lantern, green arrow or even aquaman. Nobody talks about Plastic man. I do think we should have a plastic man movie but first always look for what People want!

Well, from what the article actually says, this whole thing could just be a buncha bulls**t. All those movies could still get made before this one. But, if they got the script, and the directors and the actors are already free to do it, why wait?

If they do like marvel 2 movie per year than I dont mind Plastic man. Now that I,m thinking I think Aquaman would be the best bet for Wb right now. Its a big risk but its worth it. Movie under water are really rare even marvel didn't try yet. So Wb could come up strong with an underwater movie like Aquaman. People saw aready Mr fantastic so maybe plastic man wont be as orriginal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"