'The Matrix' Reboot

I might even go further back if they were going the prequel route. If they covered some of the same timeline from the Second Renaissance, it could possibly work in the way the new Planet of the Apes prequels are working. Totally separate stories from the original movies that chronicle the downfall of man and show how The Matrix came to be. I don't think it's necessary, but I'd watch that.

If they were to do a movie showing the early years/creation of...the war that scorched the sky etc...then great...fine and dandy. That is far enough back that it's more "Old Republic" rather than "Han Solo."

Then, in a sequel you could just assume that everyone knows that there have been several cycles...the events from the first trilogy happened...and then at some point later in the future, the truce was broken. Make it so that a sequel could work with or without seeing the original trilogy.

Also...if they are hoping to make bank by giving us "bullet time" and a title, they are going to lose money. They MUST bring in some visionary creative minds who want to revolutionize the effects again.

Just a spin off really. He mentions the Animatrix so its pretty easy to see what he means

I think I recall Animatrix had a prequel skit, so it could be anything.

Would love a movie covering the robot uprising. The Animatrix version of that was great.

I haven't seen Animatrix in a while and I believe I've only seen it once. So will have to revisit it that.

Oh and you know this new one will be compared to the original. Hope it's at least better than Reloaded or Revolutions.

I hope this doesn't happen - if it acts as a prequel, I mean has no one learned anything from the Hobbit and Star Wars ? Prequels usually suck.

What might work is a sequel to revolutions, in that another One arises and maybe this time actually ends the war for good.

There is a lot that could be done with that - but I felt that the Zion parts of the trilogy weren't great at all - and the final fight between Smith and Neo (which straight up stole bits from the old Miracleman comic, see below) was a bit underwheming.

2006-06-09_071121_matrixman00.jpg

See, rip off. Well, actually it's almost equally a rip off of Morrison's Invisibles

Having said all that, the first Matrix film is still on my top ten list and I think it's one of the best sci-fi films ever - just sad that the sequels didn't live up to the first ( I did like some of the action sequences in Reloaded, but Revolutions just bored me senseless).

Last edited:
All I got from that article was that someone who writes for a film website doesn't know what the term "reboot" means.

Always heard about Will Smith as Neo, but first I heard that Val Kilmer was going to be Morpheus had Smith accepted.

I'm okay with sequels or something else in the universe, just not a reboot. And honestly, it really should be a Wachowskis thing, anything else is going to feel weird.

The Wachowskis Said To Be Working On New Matrix Project

There’s a fourth Matrix movie on the way and, contrary to previous reports, the Wachowskis will be involved. That’s according to John Wick 3 director Chad Stahelski, who worked on the original trilogy.

“I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved,” Stahelski told Yahoo Movies UK. “And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”

Surprised, we followed up by asking if the Wachowskis were directing the new film. “I’m not sure of the overall,” Stahelski replied. “I’m not sure if Lana is.”

But they’re involved? “Yeah. And if they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.”

Wow. I'm into it. The Wachowskis are hit and miss, sure, but the Matrix is fantastic sci-fi universe and I would love to know what weird ideas they'd have for expanding it 20 years later.

I don’t know. The last Wachowski joint I loved was Cloud Atlas and before that the first Matrix. Their track record isn’t great at all.

I feel they’re only doing this because their Speed Racer and Jupiter Ascending franchises never took off.

To be fair, Sense8 was very well-reviewed.

In a world where M. Night Shyamalan was given a second chance by audiences and critics, I'd be open to seeing the Wachowskis revisit their universe.

Even if it was a failure, I have no doubt it'd be a very interesting failure with some big swings.

Maybe.
Gotta say, thoughy, that "Speed Racer" was unfairly maligned. It's a fun family film, and one of the best of that kind. It's totally unique, but has plenty of heart.
They also did a great job producing and writing "V for Vendetta".
As hit and miss they might have been (even within the "Matrix" franchise), they're still pretty talented girls.

Wachowskis are dreamers and this is one quality I like about them. They always try to do something inspiring and different. In case this project turns into something, I'll be there to watch it.

Maybe.
Gotta say, thoughy, that "Speed Racer" was unfairly maligned. It's a fun family film, and one of the best of that kind. It's totally unique, but has plenty of heart.

I know people love that movie but it’s such a slog to get through. Nice visuals but I didn’t care for any of the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"