The MCU Multiverse

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been trying to wrap my head around what happened in the Loki series, and now I've come to the conclusion that the multiverse has always existed. Right?

From our perspective, it's a whole new occurrence, however the Loki series - and more specifically, the TVA exists outside of what we (and the MCU world) perceive as time, therefore the events that happened at the end of the Loki series, and at the end of the TVA arc have always been. Therefore from the perspective of the MCU, the multiverse has always existed.

A headache maybe, but it allows for other properties to be brought in as they've been there, they've just been inaccessible. This true timeline isn't even an element anymore.

Remember when posters were claiming that LOKI proved there wasn't a Multiverse aspect to the MCU after like one episode despite two films (Possibly a third depending on how Kang is used in Quantumania...) in the pipeline that kinda depend on that concept for their own plots?

Good times...

Whatever they go with the multiverse, please for the love of god don’t bring back the Fox versions of the X-Men, and make them the default MCU versions. Have a Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart cameos in DS2 and that’s it.

Whatever they go with the multiverse, please for the love of god don’t bring back the Fox versions of the X-Men, and make them the default MCU versions. Have a Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart cameos in DS2 and that’s it.
It's the multiverse.

If Disney wanted, they could suddenly make all three Hulk actors (Bana, Norton & Ruffalo) cannon; I know Norton's Hulk is Ruffalo's Hulk, but they could potentially easily decide to change that if they wanted too, and it would still work out just fine. We're allegedly meeting other Spider-Men in Holland's third outing already..

Then you've got the Sony Films; Venom and the like (another multiverse?) two F4 casts which again, if Disney so desired, they could simply place in the multiverse. The possibilities here are truly endless.

It's the multiverse.

If Disney wanted, they could suddenly make all three Hulk actors (Bana, Norton & Ruffalo) cannon; I know Norton's Hulk is Ruffalo's Hulk, but they could potentially easily decide to change that if they wanted too, and it would still work out just fine. We're allegedly meeting other Spider-Men in Holland's third outing already..

Then you've got the Sony Films; Venom and the like (another multiverse?) two F4 casts which again, if Disney so desired, they could simply place in the multiverse. The possibilities here are truly endless.
The possibilities are there but that doesn’t mean it should be used as an excuse to bring back versions of the characters they could (and should) just reinvent on their own in the MCU. There’s no question the multiverse direction provides a lot of storytelling opportunities, but that doesn’t mean they should use the multiverse as a way to explain why mutants exist in the universe. If they say mutants come from the multiverse - more specifically from the Fox multiverse then that would be a great disappointment for me hoping to see how the MCU integrates the mutants in the universe. I’m interested in seeing how Mutants are introduced in the context of the universe we’ve been watching since 2008. So the MCU just recycling the Fox mutants again would be extremely lazy, imo. I have no interest in seeing Tyler Sheridan Cyclops or Alexander Shipp as Storm in anything more than a throwaway cameo. Get new actors to play new versions for the MCU.

Last edited:
The possibilities are there but that doesn’t mean it should be used as an excuse to bring back versions of the characters they could (and should) just reinvent on their own in the MCU. There’s no question the multiverse direction provides a lot of storytelling opportunities, but that doesn’t mean they should use the multiverse as a way to explain why mutants exist in the universe. If they say mutants come from the multiverse - more specifically from the Fox multiverse then that would be a great disappointment for me hoping to see how the MCU integrates the mutants in the universe. I’m interested in seeing how Mutants are introduced in the context of the universe we’ve been watching since 2008. So the MCU just recycling the Fox mutants again would be extremely lazy, imo. I have no interest in seeing Tyler Sheridan Cyclops or Alexander Shipp as Storm in anything more than a throwaway cameo. Get new actors to play new versions for the MCU.
I can't help but fear you're leading yourself into disappointment.

Some factions of heroes we can explain away; the Eternals didn't want to (or couldn't) get involved. The Fantastic Four may not have happened yet (in the context that a Reed Richards and co may very well exist in the MCU - on Earth-Prime if you will, but hasn't been recognised as the genius he is, and the four (of them) haven't had their accident yet.

The same cannot be said for the X-Men. They've got a history, especially when you take into account the origins of Logan, Eric, Xavier etc. It's either going to be a very lame introduction (in the sense that Xavier will have hidden mutants from the world by means of Cerebro), or they're going to be introduced through the multiverse; this doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the Fox versions either - we could have an entirely new ensemble of cast and characters.

The only loose connection is Deadpool, but then that's a character that breaks the 4th wall of reality and could (if the writers and legal wanted) have Wade Wilson drinking cocktails with Bruce Wayne, McAvoy Charles Xavier, Stewart Charles Xavier, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Galdalf if they wanted too.

I suspect that the mutants will enter the fold through another Earth within the multiverse, but they're going to have a strong presence in the MCU going forward, so I wouldn't be surprised either if, through some unknown cosmic event, X-Men Earth and MCU Earth end up merging somehow. They're not going to originate on Earth-Prime, that (to me) seems almost certain.

The same cannot be said for the X-Men. They've got a history, especially when you take into account the origins of Logan, Eric, Xavier etc. It's either going to be a very lame introduction (in the sense that Xavier will have hidden mutants from the world by means of Cerebro), or they're going to be introduced through the multiverse; this doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the Fox versions either - we could have an entirely new ensemble of cast and characters.

The only loose connection is Deadpool, but then that's a character that breaks the 4th wall of reality and could (if the writers and legal wanted) have Wade Wilson drinking cocktails with Bruce Wayne, McAvoy Charles Xavier, Stewart Charles Xavier, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Galdalf if they wanted too.

I suspect that the mutants will enter the fold through another Earth within the multiverse, but they're going to have a strong presence in the MCU going forward, so I wouldn't be surprised either if, through some unknown cosmic event, X-Men Earth and MCU Earth end up merging somehow. They're not going to originate on Earth-Prime, that (to me) seems almost certain.
That very well could be the case, but I don’t think it’s necessary to use the multiverse when the more interesting route is to simply introduce them in the prime MCU, and say they’ve always existed (albeit in small numbers) but the Thanos snap or some event triggers a widespread manifestation of the mutant gene. It wouldn’t be that much a stretch to buy Mutants existing in this world for all this long and not hearing about them until now - no more than believing that sorcerers like the Ancient One existed in the MCU all this time after not hearing a peep about them for eight years until Doctor Strange came out. I think audiences and fans would buy it as long as it’s handled organically.

Last edited:
@Detective Conan to some degree I'd buy that, but the explanation for Xavier not getting involved in any way, shape or form in the events leading up to and including the snap better be a good one, cause he'd not simply sit by and watch it all unfold.

The X-Men (unless they're having them come as late bloomers) should already exist too, and thus should've been there at the battle of NY, or when Thanos invaded Wakanda (and again at the Avengers compound).

However they're going to do it, I'm intrigued, especially as they've got to explain the likes of Blade, Namor and (hopefully one day soon) Ghost Rider as being absent up until now.

It's the multiverse.

What about Ferrigno Hulk? I would like to see him return. I know he is supposed to have died at the end of "Death of the Incredible Hulk" but even in that series they were planning to revive him after the finality of that TV movie. Or he could be a multiverse Hulk who didn't die. It would be interesting to see him alongside the much bigger versions of the Hulk.

And it would be fun to see him take on other MCU heroes, because other than some of the Netflix heroes like DD or Punisher without his guns, I don't think there is anyone that 70s Hulk could actually beat.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Marvel does with the multiverse.

What I'm not looking forward to is seeing fans ask for everything to be done/solved through the multiverse...
I've already seen it..
"I didn't like this Taskmaster, they should bring in the real Taskmaster from the multiverse!"
"They should bring in a Tony Stark that survived from the multiverse!"
"The FOX X-Men should come back into the MCU with the multiverse!"
"The Fantastic Four should come from the multiverse!"
"They should take another t'Challa that happens to not look like Chadwick Boseman from the multiverse!"

I'm not sure if I'll be able to take years of this...

I still disagree quite strongly. It's long been the case in the comics that mutants have existed since ancient times but they only started becoming very prominent during the era in which the comics take place. The X-Gene was created by the Celestials (Oneg specifically). Since the Celestials will become prominent in the Eternals an event involving them may cause more mutations to emerge. And sure, some of the mutants that were already out there like Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine didn't show up yet. But who's to say that they're even aware yet of the scale of other mutants? Maybe Xavier will start his first class when the event that increases mutant emergence first happens. Then it's just the same with a few mutants as "We didn't know about the Eternals/Shang-Chi/any other hero whose origin was set before their first movie". We're always going to have things introduced later on that will raise questions (Where were the vampires? Wouldn't the protector dragons have done something here? Why didn't the Atlantians help out? Why are we only now hearing of Doom if he's been leading Latveria?) It's always gonna be something. The simplest solution is often the best one. When comparing "there were some scarce mutants we didn't know about and now there's starting to be more" with "two different universes merge and the MCU going forward is half some world we've never seen before" the former to me is infinitely more preferable.

Last edited:
I'm sorry...

The "fear" of either recycling twenty year old versions of X-Men characters and their actors or that Mutants will be denizens from another reality that end up in the MCU is not rational.

And it is based upon the Fanboy tendency to misunderstand a whole mess of Hollywood behind the scenes and in front of the camera realities along with how too many fans mistake movie verisimilitude for absolute real, airtight logic despite so many being old enough to know better.

The VAST majority of the audience simply won't care if Mutants show up in the MCU without some college thesis level explaining precisely why there wasn't an army of Mutants helping out in Endgame. The mass audience doesn't usually have those concerns and they, NOT the hardcore Fanboy is who they make these movies for.

It's the multiverse.

Please, please let this not happen. Forget about the Fox characters.

Yes, the multiverse has now "always" existed. No, they probably aren't going to use this to bring in external properties. Yes, this includes the Fox X-Men, who are almost certainly never going to be referenced outside of easter eggs. No, the fact that you love them doesn't mean Marvel wants any of that dragging down their own vastly more coherent and successful cinematic setting. Yes, something like that is happening with Spider-man, but that involves actual financial joint custody such that Marvel doesn't have the final say, Sony does, and Sony are short-sighted idiots.

Honestly I'm kinda excited for a live action "Into The Spider-Verse" with Tom Holland, Toby Maguire, and Andrew Garfield all reprising their roles as Spider-Man from different realities. I understand Emma Stone is supposed to be reprising her role as Gwen Stacey, only she'll be an alternate version from Andrew Garfield's and be Spider-Gwen. Maybe Nicolas Hammond can even reprise his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man from the live action TV series from 1977, but it's his daughter May "Mayday" Parker who joins the other Spider-People in the adventure as Spider-Girl/Spider-Woman. And maybe, instead of Spider-Ham, they can have the live action Spider-Man from The Electric Company who communicates through visible speech bubbles. And then they can bring in Myles Morales from another alternate universe, plus maybe have Nicolas Cage play Spider-Noir again only in live action.

Seriously, it could be amazing.

Honestly I'm kinda excited for a live action "Into The Spider-Verse" with Tom Holland, Toby Maguire, and Andrew Garfield all reprising their roles as Spider-Man from different realities. I understand Emma Stone is supposed to be reprising her role as Gwen Stacey, only she'll be an alternate version from Andrew Garfield's and be Spider-Gwen. Maybe Nicolas Hammond can even reprise his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man from the live action TV series from 1977, but it's his daughter May "Mayday" Parker who joins the other Spider-People in the adventure as Spider-Girl/Spider-Woman. And maybe, instead of Spider-Ham, they can have the live action Spider-Man from The Electric Company who communicates through visible speech bubbles. And then they can bring in Myles Morales from another alternate universe, plus maybe have Nicolas Cage play Spider-Noir again only in live action.

Seriously, it could be amazing.

What do you mean "instead of Spider-Ham"? They should have him as he'd be very popular just like Alligator Loki was or Rocket Raccoon.

What do you mean "instead of Spider-Ham"? They should have him as he'd be very popular just like Alligator Loki was or Rocket Raccoon.

Well I just think that there should be just one "joke Spider-Man". And of all of the ACTUAL live action versions of Spider-Man that have existed over the years, probably the best choice is The Electric Company's silent Spider-Man. Sure, there's also the Japanese, Bollywood, and Turkish knock-offs, but this one is probably the best choice for an American production.

I have mixed feelings about MCU Multiverse. Loki set a smart way to introduce hypothetical scenarios from the MCU, futures things we may see in MCU and an oportunity to see old franchises coming back (Foxmen, 2003 Daredevil, Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider etc). But in other hand I believe is too soon. They are many untold stories from MCU. Also MCU has shrinked because Netflix and ABC shows seemed to be ignored by Marvel Studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"