The Mist

Hhhmm not sure, not a fan of getting into series they when are now on their 3rd or 4th series, too much to catch up on.

I know what you mean, it's halfway through season 3 now but the first season is only like 6 episodes or something. The makeup/cgi of the walkers is reason enough to at least check it out.

Always wanted to see this, but was never able to. A few weeks ago I finally bought it with the intention of watching it after work the next day. When I got home, I found my roommate watching it; it was at the very end and I literally stepped in the room to see Jane shoot everyone and step out of the car to see the troops. I was so mad, it completely ruined it for me and now I've got no desire to watch it because of that.

What in the **** was your roommate thinking when he opened and played your movie without your say? Or you even being there for that matter.

If I was living with my best friend that I've known since childhood and I came home and he was watching a movie I just bought and hadn't opened yet...I'm going to flip out on him.

What in the **** was your roommate thinking when he opened and played your movie without your say? Or you even being there for that matter.

If I was living with my best friend that I've known since childhood and I came home and he was watching a movie I just bought and hadn't opened yet...I'm going to flip out on him.
Yeah. We had a little "discussion" about that lol.

Still think this is a damn good film but over multiple viewings I've developed a dislike for the ending. I prefer the way Steve ended the novella. Darabonts ending just feels too overdone. I almost expect to hear a sad trombone when Jane sees the military roll by.

I still love this movie. I remember watching it the first time and not expecting much. I was blown away by it and the ending really stuck with me. I thought it was pretty ballsy to have that ending.

"Sin City" TV Series, "Mist" Mini-Series Coming?

By Garth Franklin Saturday November 30th 2013 10:49AM

While The Weinstein Company is mostly known for both prestige and genre films, the company is now pushing further into the realm of television production. A piece in The New York Times spoke with both Bob and Harvey Weinstein about the small screen projects they have in the works.
Two of the biggest surprises are TV versions of Dimension film titles to join the already announced "Scream" TV pilot currently being prepped. The first is a television series based on Frank Miller's "Sin City" comics. Both Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez would produce the series with the aim of getting the show ready to follow the August release of the film "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For".
The second is a proposed ten-part event series adaptation of Stephen King's novella "The Mist". The article suggests Frank Darabont, who directed and adapted the story into the 2007 film for Dimension, would be involved in this longer small screen version.
These two join other projects which Harvey Weinstein is shepherding, many following the ten episode event series model that "The Mist" will use. These include the ancient Egypt-set detective drama "Book of the Dead", the anthology series "10 Commandments", a new version of Tolstoy's "War and Peace", a martial arts adventure take on "Marco Polo", and "Stan and Ollie" about the later days of comedy duo Laurel and Hardy.
Source: The New York Times

Dont see the point in making a series when the movie was superb, seems pointless to me. Still love the movie as well.

I'm sure they are going for an Under the Dome vibe.

Which I hope they don't follow too closely and turn into a full-fledged television series.

The Mist 4K Blu-ray

QRCcNTa.jpg

HZy937M.jpg

I got the steelbook and it's great. I love how the slipcover is made of plastic instead of cardboard.

It was a ***** to get but the Steelbook is a work of art. Definitely glad I waited to upgrade this flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"