The more I watch, the more I realize...

SouLeSS

Superhero
Reaction score
This show isn't really about Clark Kent. It's not about "Superboy" or "Superman" or anything like that. It's about the town Smallville and it's inhabitants.

I just got done with Season 5 (watched the whole thing in one day, good lord) and just a week or so ago I finished with seasons 1-4, and I've seen most of Season 6 on TV. The show in the past few seasons has been less and less about Clark Kent and more about Lana, Lex, Chloe so on and so forth.

I don't understand why people are so pissed though. I mean, the show isn't "Superman"; it's Smallville.

Thats why its called Smallville. But I think a good portion of the show has to do with Clark. He is the superpowers, after all.

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
Thats why its called Smallville. But I think a good portion of the show has to do with Clark. He is the superpowers, after all.

LOL. Sometimes the easy answers are hard for some people to grasp.

SouLeSS said:
This show isn't really about Clark Kent. It's not about "Superboy" or "Superman" or anything like that. It's about the town Smallville and it's inhabitants.

I just got done with Season 5 (watched the whole thing in one day, good lord) and just a week or so ago I finished with seasons 1-4, and I've seen most of Season 6 on TV. The show in the past few seasons has been less and less about Clark Kent and more about Lana, Lex, Chloe so on and so forth.

I don't understand why people are so pissed though. I mean, the show isn't "Superman"; it's Smallville.

That sounds HORRIBLE!

....I couldn't do it!

I've watched three seasons in one day

^^ And actually not possible. If you watch 24 episodes of a show NON-STOP on DVD, each at an hour (42 minutes) a piece, it'll average around 16 hours to watch a season. 2 seasons at 16 hours a piece is 32 hours...

Therefore you haven't actually watched 3 seasons in one day. Probably couldn't even do it in two.

Prognosticator said:
That sounds HORRIBLE!

....I couldn't do it!
So... you're not a fan?

Prognosticator said:
That sounds HORRIBLE!

....I couldn't do it!

hey he's not the only one who did it.

i lose so much precious sleep each time a season comes out on dvd :(

It's about Clark, his family and friends. i wouldn't consider that the town of Smallville.:huh:

I think its about the people from Smallville, with Clark Kent being the one that its most about. The show couldnt exist without him.

The show is called Smallville because that's where Clark Kent grew up. No one would care about Smallville if it were not the hometown of Superman. So the show is about Clark Kent, his family, friends... people and events related to him. Clark Kent is the main character. The relevance of the other characters depends on how much they make an impact on, or are affected by, Clark Kent's journey.

Dr Lee said:
I've watched three seasons in one day

Prognosticator said:
not possible. If you watch 24 episodes of a show NON-STOP on DVD, each at an hour (42 minutes) a piece, it'll average around 16 hours to watch a season. 2 seasons at 16 hours a piece is 32 hours...

Therefore you haven't actually watched 3 seasons in one day. Probably couldn't even do it in two.

ownediq2.jpg

^^^^ awwwww, that wittle putty cat is gonna push da button! :D

Well, of course the show is about more than just Clark...

The show would be pretty boring if the only cast member they had was Clark. Nice as having 42 minutes of Clark all the time would be, his interactions with others is important to how he progresses to wearing the cape.

If he didn't have the wonderful examples of how to do things right in his life (his parents, for example) and pointed reminders of how things can go terribly wrong when you don't do things right (Lex, Lionel, the FOTWs), then his character arc wouldn't be properly motivated.

How could his changes over time make sense if he changed in a vacuum? They wouldn't make any sense at all...

The other people around him all play important supporting parts.

Prognosticator said:
^^ And actually not possible. If you watch 24 episodes of a show NON-STOP on DVD, each at an hour (42 minutes) a piece, it'll average around 16 hours to watch a season. 2 seasons at 16 hours a piece is 32 hours...

not if he flew backwards around the earth

It's always about the flying backwards in time...will the craziness ever cease!?!:wow:

IzzyJG99 said:
Just now coming to that conclusion, huh SouLess?

Well, everyone is always *****ing about how much the shows about Lex and Lana from season 5+ and I hadn't seen season 5 until the other day, so yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"