A post-Smallville comic book starring this Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Lex Luthor?

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I want to know what happens to this Clark Kent once Smallville ends and he becomes Superman, and I have a sneaky feeling we will only see Welling in costume for the series finale and possibly one shot at best, even though I would take a red boot hitting the ground and a camera panning to Welling in full Superman mode over nothing at all.

But, I still want to know the adventures of THIS Clark Kent. I've believed that, and thought that, Smallville should and is a stand alone story, not rewrite of the Smallville portion of the Donner flick, or based off an individual comic, or any of that. Thats where Smallville has made some mistakes, it should have been a series where the only thing garunteed was Clark becoming Superman and Lex becoming evil.

But I was thinking. We don't have to be finished with THIS Clark Kent's story once the show is over. With the success of Buffy season 8 and the upcoming Angel, I believe we, as fans of Smallville, we will be owed a comic book mini-series, or full on season, about the adventures of THIS Clark Kent, not to mention Lois and Lex, once the show is wrapped. It's perfect. Your not stepping on anyone's toes, it won't mess with the other comic storylines, it will be it's own story, it's own continuity, and will continue THIS story. I'm sure Welling, Durance, Rosenbaum, Ashmore, Mckean, O
Toole, Mack, and co. won't mind if there likeness is borrowed, and when can finally see THIS Clark Kent in full on Superman mode against Darkseid, Metallo, Parasite, Toyman....everybody.

Sound like a good idea?

Ain't nothin' wrong with that. I'd buy it.

I agree with the OP completely. Smallville is its own seperate world from the movies, comics and other shows. It deserves its own comic after the show is over. I'm actually pretty sure that this is one of the 52 worlds in the multiverse.

108980225_f04e0e2f3d.jpg

I'd read that kind of story, so long as it wasn't split up across weekly issues (that's the main reason I left the actual comic books behind).

I'd read that kind of story, so long as it wasn't split up across weekly issues (that's the main reason I left the actual comic books behind).

I'm pretty sure they wouldnt do it anyother way. You could always wait for collections.

I'm trying to kick around some titles, but I've always sucked at titles and names.

It would have to have Smallville in the title for obvious reasons, but I feel it would need a subtitle to show that Clark is now Superman.

"Smallville: The Life Of a Superman"

Thats the best one I could come up with at the moment. It would fit because I believe that a Smallville comic should be very character driven for the most part, possibly more than the tv show itself.

You could probably just call it "Metropolis" and then have a blurb at the bottom that says something like "Based on the characters in WB's Smallville"

Thank You all for agreeing with my idea. I truly believe we, as viewers, DESERVE to know what happens after Smallville, although in a perfect world the finale will be set 5-7 years in the future with Clark as Superman and the aftermath of everything that happened in Smallville being revealed in two hours with limited commercial interruption!

Why not.

If they'd grasp what Smallville should've been (and could've been) about and work it with the assumption that SV was solid gold, but going around most of it. I'd love a more mature approach, like J. Michael Straczynski's and Esad Ribic's Silver Surfer: Requiem, which is simply stunning.

I can almost imagine it.

what about Metropolis: the Age of Superman or the Superman Years?

Why not.

If they'd grasp what Smallville should've been (and could've been) about and work it with the assumption that SV was solid gold, but going around most of it. I'd love a more mature approach, like J. Michael Straczynski's and Esad Ribic's Silver Surfer: Requiem, which is simply stunning.

I can almost imagine it.

I know what you mean...........

While I love the show, it should have and could have been SO MUCH MORE! They had the actors and characters to pull off one of the greatest fantasy shows ever, but they usually choose to stay in 2nd gear and keep things somewhat simple!

A comic could make up for that!

I like The Tom Welling Chronicles, personally.

I love this idea. I would really want to see how this Superman carries on in his career.

I agree the show had so much potential starting out and didn't fully take advantage for whatever reason.

Here is something I threw together of what I would like to see:

IMO that has to be the best TW as Supes picture I've seen around--not sure who the artist is though??

They would most certainly have my subscription.

i love it. that's a great pic. and the title: Smallville was just the beginning...

great. i want this comic.

Great idea ! Someone should propose this to a Superman editor. I think one usually answers fan questions at Supermanhomepage.com

Is it true that after Final Crisis DC is going to change Superman's origins to match the events of Smallville? Frankly as much as I like the show I hope they don't do that.

Ooooh! Mark Bagley is coming to DC. Maybe he could illustrate! :woot:

Ooooh! Mark Bagley is coming to DC. Maybe he could illustrate! :woot:

Mark Bagley drawing any Superman comic would rock. :up:

Bagley was one of my favorite Spider-Man artist growing up and I would love to see his take on Superman. Here's hoping...

I love this idea. I would really want to see how this Superman carries on in his career.

I agree the show had so much potential starting out and didn't fully take advantage for whatever reason.

Here is something I threw together of what I would like to see:

IMO that has to be the best TW as Supes picture I've seen around--not sure who the artist is though??

Carlo Pagulayan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"