The Amazing Spider-Man The Movie is Out!

Spider‐Man

Civilian
Reaction score
Even thought the dvd doesn't come out til 11/9, the moview is apparently available for purchase and download on Itunes now! Plus 90 minutes of behind the scenes footage!

Edit: just downloaded it!

Last edited:
Bought the iTunes HD digital copy this morning and the majority of the special features are apart of iTunes Extras.

One of the most interesting aspects of the documentary is the amount of practical work and practical stunt work they did. From a couple of spots within the documentary, it looks as if Andrew actually did a few acrobatic flips and whatnot, with the help of wires and trampolines. The guy's kind of an athlete.

It's a great documentary. Not as good or as in depth as Prometheus but better than the ones for the Spider-Man trilogy.

The image quality of the HD digital copy is damn impressive. I know the BD is better but still impressive for a digital copy.

Bought the iTunes HD digital copy this morning and the majority of the special features are apart of iTunes Extras.

One of the most interesting aspects of the documentary is the amount of practical work and practical stunt work they did. From a couple of spots within the documentary, it looks as if Andrew actually did a few acrobatic flips and whatnot, with the help of wires and trampolines. The guy's kind of an athlete.

It's a great documentary. Not as good or as in depth as Prometheus but better than the ones for the Spider-Man trilogy.

The image quality of the HD digital copy is damn impressive. I know the BD is better but still impressive for a digital copy.

Man, I can't wait for the bluray release! From what I can tell, the most supplemental material would be the Target 3 disc with an exclusive 4th disc? I won't get the 5 disc as I have no plans to get a 3D tv.

The documentary is pretty good. The art gallery is excellent with some very, very interesting alternate versions of the costume. Some, in fact, that are quite great and would've been interesting to see live action.

As for that Target bonus disc, the word is that the featurette on the disc is only 20 minutes long. Not really worth of an entire disc to itself, I think.

You'd probably be better off just getting the regular edition of it on Blu Ray.

I'm going to wait until the trilogy is over with this cast so I can purchase the trilogy Blu Ray boxset. You just know they'll do one. But, I did want to have at least this one to tie me over until the trilogy is finished. That's the only reason I bought it this morning.

How did you do that? HD version wasn't highlighted on Itunes. :huh:

It should be. It's 17.99.

Nope. Grayed out. Only SD available at 14.99. I figured they were waiting til 11/9 for HD version. No matter. I don;t buy HD versions on Itunes anyway because they don't play right on my Iphone!

I looked at your bio. You a sports writer? Frank Dascenzo, is that you?

Spider‐Man;24551037 said:
Nope. Grayed out. Only SD available at 14.99. I figured they were waiting til 11/9 for HD version. No matter. I don;t buy HD versions on Itunes anyway because they don't play right on my Iphone!

I looked at your bio. You a sports writer? Frank Dascenzo, is that you?

Nope. Not him.

As for that Target bonus disc, the word is that the featurette on the disc is only 20 minutes long. Not really worth of an entire disc to itself, I think.

You'd probably be better off just getting the regular edition of it on Blu Ray.

I'm not expecting much from the extra Target disc, but the price on the 3-disc bluray is the same at most vendors I've seen. So the extra disc (even 20 mins) tips it in Target's favor for me, unless Walmart or another store has exclusive content.

Just can't wait to own this at home!

Guess what arrived this morning :awesome:

img0410te.jpg

It's available on Playstation Network $17.99 HD

Guess what arrived this morning :awesome:

img0410te.jpg

Awesome! I still don't know what edition I want to buy yet. I do like the look of the Walmart Spidey Mask case, but not sure if it's for the 3D version. Guess I'll know when the release gets closer.

So the extra disc (even 20 mins) tips it in Target's favor for me, unless Walmart or another store has exclusive content.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Walmart has an extra bonus disc as well ('Unmask the Secrets Behind the Lizard', or whatever it's called) along with the mask disc case. From what I read elsewhere though (I think the info came from the Japanese set, which has BOTH bonus discs), that disc is also only 20 minutes long.

And to answer another question -- I think the Walmart exclusive set is only for the 2D version? I remember looking into it to see if it came with the 3D disc (I don't have a 3D TV, but I'm interested in Webb's 3D filming tutorial on it) and being disappointed it didn't.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Walmart has an extra bonus disc as well ('Unmask the Secrets Behind the Lizard', or whatever it's called) along with the mask disc case. From what I read elsewhere though (I think the info came from the Japanese set, which has BOTH bonus discs), that disc is also only 20 minutes long.

And to answer another question -- I think the Walmart exclusive set is only for the 2D version? I remember looking into it to see if it came with the 3D disc (I don't have a 3D TV, but I'm interested in Webb's 3D filming tutorial on it) and being disappointed it didn't.

Hmm, so many choices. There's also the set with the Spidey and Lizard figures, but that's a bit rich for my blood.

Didn't know about the exclusive mask case at Walmart, that looks pretty slick. I'm going to have to research how the Walmart "Unmask the Secrets Behind The Lizard!" extra disc differs from Target.

Last edited:
Apparently the picture and sound quality is meant to be outstanding. I'm glad all the deleted scenes are included for one, the more extra footage the better.

Last edited:
i wanted to get that..but i know the tshirt wouldnt fit me

bought it today , loved it , the extras are great (i don´t watch them entirely) but :up:

bought it today , loved it , the extras are great (i don´t watch them entirely) but :up:

Even though I bought the iTunes HD copy, I still want a hard copy of this film. But, having just watched Collider.com's interview with Marc Webb about the sequel and how he envisions the trilogy, I'm going to hunker down and wait for the trilogy box set because I think Marc Webb is going to deliver something special.

I can just feel it in my gut. So begins the long wait for the trilogy box set on Blu Ray....

Even though I bought the iTunes HD copy, I still want a hard copy of this film. But, having just watched Collider.com's interview with Marc Webb about the sequel and how he envisions the trilogy, I'm going to hunker down and wait for the trilogy box set because I think Marc Webb is going to deliver something special.

I can just feel it in my gut. So begins the long wait for the trilogy box set on Blu Ray....

Hey man, how many deleted scenes did you get with Itunes download? I only got 3.

Spider‐Man;24570835 said:
Hey man, how many deleted scenes did you get with Itunes download? I only got 3.

Same. Only three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"