WandaVision The music of WandaVision

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
WandaVision has some of the best music from any of the Marvel films and TV shows. There are even enough musical numbers so far to make up a stage musical.

I thought it would be good to have a thread to collect all the themes and any others from the soundtrack.

Potential spoilers ahead:

Episode 1 theme: A Newly-wed couple

Episode 2 theme: WandaVision Wa-WandaVision

Episode 3 theme: We've got something cooking

Episode 5 theme: Making it up as we go along

Episode 6 theme: Let's keep it going

Episode 7 theme: WandaVision

Agatha All Along:

So far I'd say the best themes are Episode 2, Episode 5 and Agatha All Along.

The weakest one is probably the intro to episode 7 which isn't really as catchy as the others.

Last edited:
I really like that scary and atmospheric soundtrack during the credits - I always watch it and was rewarded the last time

Episode 6 by far, of course, having Kathleen Hanna singing is an unfair advantage.

I have to say that the SOUNDTRACK to WandaVision was good, but completely forgettable (just like almost every other previous MCU project). There was not enough emotion in the music for me when Wanda and Vision spoke for the last time together.

I have to say that the SOUNDTRACK to WandaVision was good, but completely forgettable (just like almost every other previous MCU project). There was not enough emotion in the music for me when Wanda and Vision spoke for the last time together.

The dozens upon dozens of reactions I’ve watched on YouTube, and the large amount of feedback I’ve seen else where on the web say otherwise. People on the verge of or completely in tears. And the music in that scene was such a big part of why.

Also, not memorable? Are we forgetting all of the theme songs? All of the variations of Wanda’s main theme throughout the series at pivotal moments? Agatha All Along?

And even some of the stuff that’s not as memorable, like some of the lower key music, the incidental sitcom stuff and the commercial soundtracks, all add so much to the overall feel and premise of the show. A soundtrack doesn’t always have to be memorable to be great, excellent even.

This is honestly some of the best and eclectic work Christophe Beck has ever done, and one of the best scores I’ve heard in an MCU project. And, believe me, I’ll be the first to point how much of problem they’ve had with great and consistent soundtracks in the past. A lot of the Phase 1 and 2 stuff doesn’t really stick out to me. I think they really started hitting their stride in Phase 3 and have only been getting better. This belongs with some of the better ones.

Sorry if it didn’t work for you, but I just can’t agree with you on that.

I don't know if any of the other upcoming Marvel series can match the music of this show since they're all mostly standard action or drama series. Maybe She-Hulk might if it adopted an Ally McBeal approach and featured music as strongly as that show. But WandaVision gave us theme tunes specific to each era of history and a villain song that went viral.

The only other show I could foresee having this same musical crossover appeal is a potential Dazzler Disney+ show. If it were a musical, then the soundtrack and possible singles could be huge especially if written by the same song writers as WandaVision.

The dozens upon dozens of reactions I’ve watched on YouTube, and the large amount of feedback I’ve seen else where on the web say otherwise. People on the verge of or completely in tears. And the music in that scene was such a big part of why.

Also, not memorable? Are we forgetting all of the theme songs? All of the variations of Wanda’s main theme throughout the series at pivotal moments? Agatha All Along?

And even some of the stuff that’s not as memorable, like some of the lower key music, the incidental sitcom stuff and the commercial soundtracks, all add so much to the overall feel and premise of the show. A soundtrack doesn’t always have to be memorable to be great, excellent even.

This is honestly some of the best and eclectic work Christophe Beck has ever done, and one of the best scores I’ve heard in an MCU project. And, believe me, I’ll be the first to point how much of problem they’ve had with great and consistent soundtracks in the past. A lot of the Phase 1 and 2 stuff doesn’t really stick out to me. I think they really started hitting their stride in Phase 3 and have only been getting better. This belongs with some of the better ones.

Sorry if it didn’t work for you, but I just can’t agree with you on that.

I loved Agatha's song. And the intro themes to the sitcoms were absolutely outstanding. And the soundtrack was generally far better than usual MCU fare. I just found that when Vision and Wanda said goodbye, I didn't feel too much emotion. The music was beautiful, and you won't get any objection on that opinion from me. I prefer Star Trek music I guess!

Last edited:
I loved Agatha's song. And the intro themes to the sitcoms were absolutely outstanding. And the soundtrack was generally far better than usual MCU fare. I just found that when Vision and Wanda said goodbye, I didn't feel too much emotion. The music was beautiful, and you won't get any objection on that opinion from me. I prefer Star Trek music I guess!

The only thing I think the score could've used is a Wanda and Vision love theme like the Buffy and Angel love theme also by Christophe Beck:

They could've played something like that in the aftermath of the battle and also when Wanda and Vision were saying their goodbyes.

Last edited:

Fair enough. :up:

This has probably become one of my favorite pieces in the entire MCU. The way it just encompasses the tragedy of what she’s been through and the trauma she’s suffered, finally culminating in the most dramatic statement of her theme. It’s simultaneously awe inspiring and heartbreaking. I get goosebumps and sadness every time I listen. I love it.

The only thing I think the score could've used is a Wanda and Vision love theme like the Buffy and Angel love theme also by Christophe Beck:

They could've played something like that in the aftermath of the battle and also when Wanda and Vision were saying their goodbyes.

Would have loved a love theme for Wanda and Vision. I guess that's why I was disappointed none was composed. :(

Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez discuss the songs of WandaVision:

Fair enough. :up:

Holy **** was I wrong about my previous post about Beck's music. I just watched that goodbye scene with Wanda and Vision, and his score was beautiful! Absolutely fantastic. I was really moved by it. I must have been really tired when I first watched (I hadn't slept well the night before). That might have colored my view about the soundtrack. But Beck did a GREAT job there. Some of his best work in my opinion!

As far as the intro themes go, I think WandaVision probably beats all the other MCU properties for catchiness and memorability. The only other themes that I find are instantly memorable are Iron Man 1, The First Avenger, The Avengers and Ant-Man.

I would like Anderson and Lopez to release full length versions of the WandaVision themes that aren't only a minute long but a full 3 minutes like proper singles.

Holy **** was I wrong about my previous post about Beck's music. I just watched that goodbye scene with Wanda and Vision, and his score was beautiful! Absolutely fantastic. I was really moved by it. I must have been really tired when I first watched (I hadn't slept well the night before). That might have colored my view about the soundtrack. But Beck did a GREAT job there. Some of his best work in my opinion!

Yeah, I’ve had that happen with me, too. Bad first experiences when not in the right mood or headspace can color our opinion of something, but, sometimes, going back and re-examining a piece of media with a keener ear, clearer lens and better mindset can help us truly appreciate it.

Has anyone ever thought that the episode 3 theme, We've got something cooking sounds a bit like a McFly song?

Episode 3 theme:

If you imagine it was sung by a boy band instead and played with guitar, electric guitar, bass and drums it would sound very similar.

Yeah, I’ve had that happen with me, too. Bad first experiences when not in the right mood or headspace can color our opinion of something, but, sometimes, going back and re-examining a piece of media with a keener ear, clearer lens and better mindset can help us truly appreciate it.

Yeah, I was really tired when I watched it that first time. I was WIDE awake watching it again, and I really enjoyed the score. I do think that the MCU could have better music. It's improving though. Man that stuff from the earlier phases were weak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"