Oh, the Music!

Kipobe

Sidekick
Reaction score
Nintendo has some of the greatest music in video games. Koji Kondo is probably my second favorite composer of all time (second only to the red-headed piece of ear-sex that is Danny Elfman!... but I digress...)

Post your Nintendo musical finds here. If this gets too far from just Nintendo music, then we can have it moved to the general forum, but for now, here's a link that I love: Zelda music.

http://www.thehylia.com/media/index.php?cat=18

A great library of stuff there. I was listening to some TP stuff, including the overworld. Not as powerful as either WW or OoT, and of course not as memorable as Majora's Mask (since it reused the most common theme), but still pretty good.

I think my favorite Zelda music is still from the original Zelda on the NES.

Loved it...oh the memories. *sniff*:O

I love the music from Mario 2... Even if its not really a Mario game.

Zelda always had great music and Metroid has some good stuff too.

I love the music from Mario 2... Even if its not really a Mario game.

Zelda always had great music and Metroid has some good stuff too.

It was too a real Mario game.:(

I loved Mario 2, especially the music....but the Mario games tend to have some good music behind them.:up:

Mario 2 WAS a real Mario game... let no one tell you different. Just like the people who say WW wasn't a real Zelda game. :down It was a different feel though... especially since I played 3 before I played 2. This was when I started buying my own major purchases myself. I finally saved up enough money for 2, and 3 had just come out... so of course I went with the newest first.

I wish I could find the video I posted before, but there's a guy who did a piano Zelda medley and a piano Mario medley. It was awesome.

I was looking for it too, I can't remember where the thread was though.:(

Man, I totally f'd up the title in that thread. It's supposed to be: If I were a Piano, I'd want a handjob from this guy. Ugh. Can't you do anything right, Zenien:cmad:

Kirby Superstar has one of the best video game sountracks ever.

Zelda's overworld theme on the NES brings me beautiful and painful memories of my childhood... like playing Zelda, getting grounded for staying up late playing Zelda on a schoolnight...

I remember getting suspended from school once, and all I did was play Zelda game the entire week.

Kipobe said:
Mario 2 WAS a real Mario game... let no one tell you different. Just like the people who say WW wasn't a real Zelda game. :down It was a different feel though... especially since I played 3 before I played 2. This was when I started buying my own major purchases myself. I finally saved up enough money for 2, and 3 had just come out... so of course I went with the newest first.

I wish I could find the video I posted before, but there's a guy who did a piano Zelda medley and a piano Mario medley. It was awesome.
It was a real Mario game, but it wasn't. In that it was mostly a sprite-swap from Doki Doki Panic. You know that though right?:huh:

Great game though:up:

Not Jake said:
It was a real Mario game, but it wasn't. In that it was mostly a sprite-swap from Doki Doki Panic. You know that though right?:huh:

Great game though:up:

Yeah, it's true. SMB2 was created as an entirely different franchise before it was changed and made into a Mario game in order to sell more copies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doki_Doki_Panic

Lots of people don't know this. It does a lot to explain why SMB2 feels so much different from all the other Mario games: no Koopas, no goombas, jumping on enemies doesn't hurt them, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"