The Offical thread to Vent if need be.

AgentPat said:
Oh god... LOL. I could SO launch a "snarky cheap shot" right about now. :D

Well go ahead. What I wrote was some of the points that has been nagging me and I tried to ask a valid question because I've read on this board others having simullar problems with it. But if I deserv a "snarky cheap shot", then by all means, go ahead.

AgentPat said:
If that were true, it wouldn't have lasted six seasons. The good must significantly be outweighing the bad.

I watch it for what I previously wrote. But that does not mean the bad doesn't bug me to death even if it is 90% good and 10% bad (for me). Especially when it's fixably.

AgentPat said:
Fix what? Those examples you list below? Some of that stuff is just laughable, but not egregious. IMHO.

Please specify

AgentPat said:
Contingency or continuity?

Continuity. I'm from Sweden and tried to google the spelling and ended up with the wrong word. Sorry about that.

AgentPat said:
Meh. It's a show cliché. Sometimes ya just have to laugh...

Ok for two in a row, but now they are closing in on south park's amount of killing Kenny.

AgentPat said:
Well, yeah, agreed. But it doesn't bug me all that much. Maybe the writers just want folks to assume Metropolis is closer to Smallville? I know they already established it's three hours away, but they haven't exactly been drilling that detail. In fact, they've been doing just the opposite. [shrugs]

It makes the show smaller in scale. Plus it makes Clarks superspeeding less impressiv when Lana can go from S to M just as fast as he can.

AgentPat said:
Hah? Those are establishing shots.

Stock footage used as establishing shots. What I mean is if they have to use old footage they should vary it a bit moore. They use stock footage because it's cheeper. But in those shots I mentioned they have once added a layer of special effect that is easy to remove to make it look moore neutral. (I know the whole Daily Planet scene with the chopter is animated but it doesn't cost much to rerender it without the chopter).

AgentPat said:
Do the cows outside the Kent house or the person in the wheelchair outside of SMC bug you too? (Honest question.)

No. Because they are way moore neutral and not as eye-catching. (Even though I have noticed them)

AgentPat said:
Probably because most are nitpics. There ARE a few glaring errors from time to time. The show isn't perfect.

Why not try to make it perfect.

AssMan said:
How come this thread (as I have shown) does not show up when I browse through the Smallville boards ?

You have to change your default options.

Go into your CP and change the "Default Age Thread Cutoff" setting to show all threads instead of the default.

I believe the default is only 30 days....

AssMan, you're obviously a sock puppet and I'd imagine a previously banned one at that. As you should be well aware, this is a community of friends who share common interests. People aren't banned for sucking-up to forum regs or mods. They're banned for being obnoxious trolls. If you at least tried to ACT like a n00b when you reregister, people might actually believe you WERE one. For a while, anyway.

But you make it too easy bud.
*plunk*

spawnjack01 said:
...But if I deserve a "snarky cheap shot", then by all means, go ahead.
Nuuuu... LOL!
The "snarky cheap shot" to which I refer is in reference to a whole different thang. It's sort of an inside joke, and one that wasn't being directed at you. Sorry for the confusion. :O

I watch it for what I previously wrote. But that does not mean the bad doesn't bug me to death even if it is 90% good and 10% bad (for me). Especially when it's fixably.
Hey, I'm annoyed by lots of stuff on the show. It doesn't bug me enough to stop watching it though, which was the point I was trying to make.

Please specify
What? Laughable clichés on SV? Pffft.... how long do you have? LOLOLOL!!! :hyper:

I suppose we can start with saluting Lex's impeccable security team, try to estimate the cost of the Kent's auto insurance policy, and ponder why Lana is always knocked-out or otherwise unconscious when Clark saves her tush. :D :up:

Continuity. I'm from Sweden and tried to google the spelling and ended up with the wrong word. Sorry about that.
No prob.

There ARE continuity issues on SV. I've pointed out quite a few myself. Why it's such a huge issue to some people though is beyond me. Most are goofs, and there might even be a few that are intentional, but I don't stress over it. As long as the acting is good, the story works (within the fiction of the show) and I'm entertained by the end result, a continuity glitch here or there isn't gonna ruin it for me. I get more pissed with deus ex machina solutions or characters acting OOC, but that happens in even the best of shows.

Ok for two in a row, but now they are closing in on south park's amount of killing Kenny.
But South Park has been on the air for ten years. They must be doing something right, even if it's killing Kenny in every episode (except one LOL).

It makes the show smaller in scale. Plus it makes Clarks superspeeding less impressive when Lana can go from S to M just as fast as he can.
I disagree. Clark actually superspeeds between locations and we see it. All of the other characters use conventional transportation. The fact that we don't see the latter, or that the show's editing implies the characters move between locations faster than they should is irrelevant. They aren't. There's really only two episodes that I can think of (Commencement and Hidden) that you'd have a legitimate beef if characters (other than Clark) drove between Metropolis and SV in significantly less time than three hours due to the use of time stamps to increase the suspense. Otherwise, we're just making assumptions.

Stock footage used as establishing shots. What I mean is if they have to use old footage they should vary it a bit more. They use stock footage because it's cheaper. But in those shots I mentioned they have once added a layer of special effect that is easy to remove to make it look more neutral. (I know the whole Daily Planet scene with the chopper is animated but it doesn't cost much to rerender it without the chopter).
These are very nitpicky beefs, IMHO. I have no clue how much it would cost to re-edit or shoot additional establishing shots, but I know I'd MUCH rather see it spent on other things.

No. Because they are way more neutral and not as eye-catching. (Even though I have noticed them)
Honestly, I don't see it as being that big of a deal. The sunflowers bug me more than the shooting star, but it doesn't pull me out of the story. Dif'rent strokes, I guess.

Why not try to make it perfect.
I understand the sentiment, but look at it from another POV. What's your GPA? Do you make mistakes in life? Things you're not proud of in retrospect? Poop happens, and sometimes it's not even your fault. I'm sure the SV cast and crew (about 100 people, from what I've heard) approach EVERY episode with the intention of making it perfect. Most of the time, the eps are pretty darn good (IMHO). The fact that there ARE a few stinkers every season doesn't deter me from watching the show though. It's still better than 99% of the rest of the dreck on network television. :)

AgentPat said:
AssMan, you're obviously a sock puppet and I'd imagine a previously banned one at that. As you should be well aware, this is a community of friends who share common interests. People aren't banned for sucking-up to forum regs or mods. They're banned for being obnoxious trolls. If you at least tried to ACT like a n00b when you reregister, people might actually believe you WERE one. For a while, anyway.

But you make it too easy bud.
*plunk*

Whatever Pat whatever if you are an examble of how most Smallville regulars are then yikes for this particular board

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"