The Official Batman (1989) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Andino

The Paragon of Virtue
Reaction score
I saw there was a thread for Batman Returns and thought why cant the original get its own. So here it is the official thread for Batman (89). Chat about your favorite scenes, ask questions, post pics, and just chat about the 1st Batman movie that was apart of many of our childhoods.

cover-batman89.jpg

batman89.jpg

bat-signal-edit.jpg

Blew up my mind back in the day and it's still one of the most solid superhero movies for me. It opened new doors, broke some grounds and set thee new rules after the magnificent Superman TM.

For me it had the perfect comnbination between icon, comics, darkness and entertainment.

Sure it had flaws but the goodies outrun them.

This still has the best gotham City, and most "Batman" type atmosphere to me.

It's a wonderful movie, truly mesmerising. Of all the Batman movies, this one presents the best version of the title character, in both look and behaviour.

To me, this is what Batman looks like in real life.

batman-keaton.jpg

Batman 89 has held up extremely well. It's aged like a fine wine.

I was watching it on an HD channel the other day and it looks brand new in HD. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray release.

One thing that's always confused me and maybe its been answered elsewhere but when Joker fell to his death and all the cops come up to his body. Was what Gordon pulled Jokers jacket something that randomly made laugh noises or what??

I loved this movie for the atmosphere it created. This film and TAS went hand in hand to create an amazing entry into the mythos.

My only problem with this film is that the plot was a little lackluster and I wasnt too fond of Jack's Joker. There were also some problems with how things were dealt with but like I said I enjoyed this film's atmosphere more than anything else.

One thing that's always confused me and maybe its been answered elsewhere but when Joker fell to his death and all the cops come up to his body. Was what Gordon pulled Jokers jacket something that randomly made laugh noises or what??

It actually made the laugh noises on purpose.

It gave me the illusion for a moment that Joker was still alive. Like he could die but his evilness will never.

I'll always have a fondness for Batman 1989. As it was indeed my absolute favourite Superhero movie for years. In addition, the film also sparked my interest in comic books (interest was there before, but this really put it over ... especially with Batman titles), and also made me a fan of Burton, Keaton, and Nicholson as well.

Love Batman '89, still my favorite batflick. I love bleak look of Gotham and keatons batman totally rocks. :up:

It's a laughing bag. It's a practical joke toy.

The Joker literally has the last laugh.

I love B'89. It's my favourite movie. Ever. I still consider Burton's to be the most thought provoking Batman movies.

It's an enduring classic. Burton's style really lends itself to Batman's world, despite what some people think nowadays. I've said it before. I grew up with this movie. Well, this one and Returns. Ah, I love Burton.

As a kid i used to watch this once a day for a month or so. For a 7-8 year old this was the greatest movie ever. Batman was just so cool with his calm appearance an all that, when in fights he would just stand there and deliver a kick or two, or when he ordered his car to stop only inches away from him and not flinching and stuff like that. Watching it now, it makes me cringe a little and the love story comes out of nowhere. Bruce and Vicki slept once and all the sudden she's so much in love with him. Lol. But you got to love the Dracula homage and the gothic look.

jokerrittssmall2jw4.jpg

batjoke3smallga9.jpg

I am in love with this film, Nicholson is amazing as the Joker and i love keaton as Batman/Bruce Wayne

It's a wonderful movie, truly mesmerising. Of all the Batman movies, this one presents the best version of the title character, in both look and behaviour.

To me, this is what Batman looks like in real life.

batman-keaton.jpg

It's damn true :up:

It's getting more and more painful to watch.

A good movie, great Gotham City design, a good Joker, but not a good representation of Batman.

I have a love/hate relationship with this film. I hate Keaton as Batman and I am extremely disappointed by Jack's Joker, but I love the atmosphere and the music.

It remains, to this day, my favorite live action representation of Batman.

I was living in Ecuador back in 1989 and even there the news travelled as to how Keaton's casting was controversial yet his last films like Beetlejuice, Clean And Sober had yet to premiere and so the public didn't seem intrigued or knew he starred in comedies.

There were street vendors selling T-shirts and movie marquees displaying a huge Batman oval on their buildings and Batdance was playing on the radio.

The movie was quite an experience I remember the theater so packed that my family and I had to split up and find seats, I remember only thinking how would DC comics let the Joker just die like that?

As a kid i used to watch this once a day for a month or so. For a 7-8 year old this was the greatest movie ever. Batman was just so cool with his calm appearance an all that, when in fights he would just stand there and deliver a kick or two, or when he ordered his car to stop only inches away from him and not flinching and stuff like that.

Same here, I saw it so many times that as a kid I knew the movie inside out and well I just wish I had a dollar for every time I saw this as a kid Id have a small fortune.

I'm a HUGE Burton fan...

I'm a huge Keaton fan...

I'm a huge Nicholson fan...

I'm a huge Elfman fan...

Plus it a childhood movie.... Needless to say... I LOVE IT! :woot::brucebat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members