Batman 1989 Poster.

Rockbottom

Civilian
Reaction score
Well i was looking at the old Batman 1989 movie posters and frankly they sucked, so i thought id have ago at making a new one which fits the mood of the movie better. I didnt put this in the Begins Sequel art thread, because well, its not TDK art lol :p

Batman_1989_by_Rockbottom191.jpg

Pics of the old 89 posters:

batman3.jpg

poster-batmanjoker02.jpg

videocovercv3.jpg

Well i was looking at the old Batman 1989 movie posters and frankly they sucked, so i thought id have ago at making a new one which fits the mood of the movie better. I didnt put this in the Begins Sequel art thread, because well, its not TDK art lol :p

:wow: that is amazing !

First one looks like fan-made not I hate it or something. Notice "June 21st" shouldn't that be June 23rd?

The first one is fan made if you read the thread lol, I made it. And probably im not sure, i know its June 20 something, not really a big deal.

I'm so :o right now.

Nice posters tho.

I'm not sure about the third one, but the Joker poster from the Smilex commercial was not a theatrical release poster.

But come on, the original with just the Bat-logo is a classic. It's a milestone in movie marketing.

The third one wasn't a theatrical release poster aswell. It was used for the videocassette cover.

The officile logo one has always been a great poster. But the other 2 suck just as much as your fanmade poster.

Yeah that sensor thing is pretty anoying, basically i implied your an anus.

Im sure you'll get over it in time. Anyways, enough spam.

Im sure you'll get over it in time. Anyways, enough spam.
Im just saying its not nice, and it didn't hurt me in the first place so I never need to get over it. But at least you tried with making your posters. But nothing will beat the plain logo one and its awesomeness.

Yeah i did pick my words wrong with suck really. Plain is a more suitable word. I'll agree its awesome and extremely effective. The other 2 i just found on some site.

The teaser poster just had the gold emblem with "JUNE 23" under it. The standard movie poster is the one with the actor names and credits. Those were the only 2 actual "theatrical" posters. There were some licensed retail posters, like that lounge chair Joker one. Then within the last so many years there have ben been "fan made" posters of certain pics and of the overseas video covers.

By the way, I like yours. But you really need to change the date to the 23rd. It does matter. :)

Cool poster :up: :batman:

Very good poster, Rock-b. Liked it as lot.

Btw, the black with the bat-symbol was perfection IMO. I like the one without any names in it even more.

Good poster, but I prefer the original gold bat-logo over any other poster in the bat series (except the Japanese Batman Returns poster).

Very nice job. Make one for the others as well.

The third isn't fan-made. It's the cover of my Batman videocassette, so... ;)

This looks fanmade. Why is the Joker on the Jack of Clubs card?
Wouldn't somebody who worked on the posters realize and say "Wait, lets put him on the Joker card."

Yeah, that one is actually real LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"