The OFFICIAL BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad Appreaciation Thread

Reaction score
Tell me somebody here has heard of it. I find this to be far more enjoyable than Shippudden or anything else that is the typical anime fare. This little anime is highly underrated and is more than deserving of a second season. Koyuki is my favorite with Chiba being my second favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BECK:_Mongolian_Chop_Squad

This is the best dub for an anime I've ever heard. EVAR. If you're tired of the supernatural and totally unrealistic anime, this is for you. BUT, if you don't like rock or rap, than watch at your own risk.

I wouldn't say it's the best dub ever, but it's really good.

I like the show a lot, I'm in the middle of it at the moment. The music is great as well as all the rock legend references and cameos.

I'm assuming you're referring to Justin Cook? They probably should have gotten an indie rapper of some kind to voice Chiba like in the Jap. version. I'm thinking once they release all the DVDs, they'll release the english soundtrack. I downloaded the Jap. OST and that's all I'm listening to on my iPod.

No, I like Justin Cook's work a lot, and I like how he does the vulgar Chiba, who is actually this badass martial artist and academic genius.

I'm really intrigued by the sub-plot involving Prudence and Beck the dog. Ryusuuke was acting quite suspicious regarding the news of the other dog that's just like Beck.

FYI, here are links to my reviews of volumes 2 and 3 of the series:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/824/824431p1.html

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/829/829257p1.html

I only have volume 1 of the anime and volumes 1 and 3 of the manga. I've seen the entire series and it's incredible. It desperately needs a second season. I only mentioned Cook because I've heard complaints about him from other "fans." I like his performance as Chiba.

Oh that's you? Great reviews. I've read them before.

Your name is teh shiznit. People continue to misspell my name at the end. Instead of "Geoffrey" they spell it "Geoffery".

****ers. I've never met a person that spells Jeffrey or Geoffrey with a ****ing E-R-Y. Yet people constantly mis-spell my name, and it's been put on my name-tags before. Pisses me off.

****ers. I've never met a person that spells Jeffrey or Geoffrey with a ****ing R-E-Y. Yet people constantly mis-spell my name, and it's been put on my name-tags before. Pisses me off.

Except you? :huh:

Watched it a few years ago. With out a doubt better in Japanese, only because it's hard to convey something about japanese kids trying to make it in the music biz into well, dub. Plus, they changed the name of Ryu's guitar, and I was pissed.

Except for the fact that Ryusuuke and Maho were raised in America and apparently know perfect English. Yet when they speak English in the Japanese version, it sounds like Japanese VA's reading bad engrish phonetically.

...You don't watch much subbed anime do you, vile?

I watch a ton of subbed anime. And it's things like that why I have no problem with English dubs.

People ***** about English dubs not being perfect, when the Japanese version aren't always as such either.

Watched it a few years ago. With out a doubt better in Japanese, only because it's hard to convey something about japanese kids trying to make it in the music biz into well, dub. Plus, they changed the name of Ryu's guitar, and I was pissed.

Eh, I find that to be a minor annoyance at best. Licensing issues and all that crap. Which is why we got that version of "I've Got A Feeling". And I actually prefer Greg Ayre's Koyuki to Daisuke Namikawa/Hirabayashi Kazuya's Koyuki. Not because of the engrish, but his voice went off tune in some of the songs (Slip Out).

Except for the fact that Ryusuuke and Maho were raised in America and apparently know perfect English. Yet when they speak English in the Japanese version, it sounds like Japanese VA's reading bad engrish phonetically.

That fact did bother me.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. :o

I really like how the English VA's do their characters really, no complaints. The dub doesn't sound forced to me, which is usually the mark if I will enjoy the dub or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"