The Official Blue Beetle Thread

drastic_quench

Sidekick
Reaction score
ladiesandgentlementhebeetles6i.jpg

Blue Beetle #1 comes out today.

I'm hoping to get to the Shop this weekend. I'm defenitly picking it up.

Read it at my comic store today. It's pretty much the usual "meet the character and his supporting cast" stuff while BB and Guy Gardner fight. The only thing that confused me was the timeline of the story.

First, they have a page of something hitting Jaime from space (which looks like the scarab) and he becomes the Blue Beetle.

And yet, Jaimie sees the scarab for the first time under some rubble while walking from school.

...Tell me someone else sees what I mean. That's just f**king horrorable writing if Keith didn't catch that.

But hey, maybe the second issue explains that, so I'll keep quiet until then.

MaskedManJRK said:
First, they have a page of something hitting Jaime from space (which looks like the scarab) and he becomes the Blue Beetle.

And yet, Jaimie sees the scarab for the first time under some rubble while walking from school.

...Tell me someone else sees what I mean. That's just f**king horrorable writing if Keith didn't catch that.

i don't think the scarab hit him from space....i assumed that was him coming back from space with guy gardner on his tail after they had faced brother eye. the scene with him digging it out of the dirt is when he first finds the scarab

MaskedManJRK said:
Read it at my comic store today. It's pretty much the usual "meet the character and his supporting cast" stuff while BB and Guy Gardner fight. The only thing that confused me was the timeline of the story.

Flashbacks.

vog said:
i don't think the scarab hit him from space....i assumed that was him coming back from space with guy gardner on his tail after they had faced brother eye. the scene with him digging it out of the dirt is when he first finds the scarab

...Where the hell did THAT happen? :confused:

In Infinite Crisis. Anyway, I'll look into this new series. I'm not to thrilled with Ted's death, so I hope that this new BB is good.

MaskedManJRK said:
...Where the hell did THAT happen? :confused:

Question's right about it happening in Infinite Crisis, although I don't think the've actually showed it in the books yet. I believe it was Infinite Crisis 5 that showed Booster recruiting Blue Beetle, so it's probably gonna happen in IC 6 or 7...or possibly the O.M.A.C. special that's yet to come out.

Okay. I read it. And I must say, it was a pretty decent book, but personality wise, the new Beetle seems to essentially be a hispanic Ted Kord.

I loved this book, I found it really refreshing and different. I loved the artwork and can't wait to see the story develop. Great book so far.

I'll hopefully check it out this weekend.

The Question said:
Okay. I read it. And I must say, it was a pretty decent book, but personality wise, the new Beetle seems to essentially be a hispanic Ted Kord.
Oh good. I didn't see that coming at all. No sir. Keith Giffen's going to write "funny" superhero comics in an unfunny universe? Whee. Thanks for the change of pace, Keith.

i thought it was really good, i'm not fimiliar with blue beetle, but so far it's pretty cool. i like him not knowing what the hell is going on with his powers or suit or whatever.

Can someone please post the cover to this. I really want to pick this up. He looks real cool.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Oh good. I didn't see that coming at all. No sir. Keith Giffen's going to write "funny" superhero comics in an unfunny universe? Whee. Thanks for the change of pace, Keith.

I said personality wise he seemed alot like Ted. The book really wasn't that humorous. Bust still, I constantly fail to understand you hatred for comedy books.

Has the new series even started? I haven't even seen one at any comic book store ever.

Thanks, I will pick up today. But I heard the comic aint so great. Is this true?

have you been reading Infinite Crisis at all? because the character was introduced in that...and if you liked what you saw so far, then I'd say you'll enjoy the book.

Also, Keith Giffen is usually a great writer so I think this book will turn out pretty good. The first issue wasn't amazing or anything, but it was a good start in my opinion.

No I havent been reading Infinite Crisis. Can you give me a rundown?

The Question said:
I said personality wise he seemed alot like Ted. The book really wasn't that humorous. Bust still, I constantly fail to understand you hatred for comedy books.
I have no problem with them if they stay where they belong. Battle Pope is one of my favorite comics ever. Batman/Lobo (Elseworlds) is up there too. Chuck Norris is hilarious (even if it wasn't intended to be funny.) I have no problem at all with comedy comics if they stay out of serious universes. The old laugh-it-up Justice League books made no sense because everybody else in the DCU was turning more serious and dark, but suddenly they'd come over the League's ridiculous little clubhouse and be all jokey-jokey. Non-EW Lobo made no sense because the Crisis got rid of ludicrous power levels, but here's a guy who can bump his bike into a planet and destroy it, and bleeds clones of himself. Woo. Har har?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"