who's you favorite watchman?

I love how not only the characters but also their fans have such a hard time seeing how much the two of them have in common with each other.
Oh, I know how similar they are. It's just the ideologies and motivation behind each of them that make me favor Ozy.

Impossible question. It might be Doctor Manhattan for his arc, but Dan Dreiberg is undisputably the heart of watchmen, and connects the readers to the book emotionally.

she sent me a visitors message trash talking rorschach...its just a kid trying to get attention...no biggy

Rorschach-flame-comic.jpg

'Nuff Said

Concerning the first post: There is a JLU episode that features the Question, he acts like rorschach-lite (mentions lotsa conspiracies.) It's also called "Fearful Symmetry" in tribute.
best line:

Supergirl: what do you go through my trash?
Question: please, I go through everyone's trash.

Wait a sec I just realized something: I hate everyone in this series (Dan is the only one I have even the slightest respect for,) but I loved this thing. I can't think of another non-Moore story like that: where I hate everyone but am still interested and compelled.

Last edited:
Impossible question. It might be Doctor Manhattan for his arc, but Dan Dreiberg is undisputably the heart of watchmen, and connects the readers to the book emotionally.

Hmm, maybe you, but I related more to Rorschach's emotions, he's the one that I felt connected to the story through. Although I do absolutely love Dan too.

As far as favorites go, Rorschach for the above mentioned reason, as well as the way he looks and acts just being so damn appealing to my personal taste in what makes something 'cool' and meaningful. Dr. Manhattan was also a beautifully tragic character. A helpless god... such a paradox on such an insane level... I think he's bumped down to second though, cause he
killed Rorschach.
:o That still doesn't sit right with me.

I love how not only the characters but also their fans have such a hard time seeing how much the two of them have in common with each other.

Pretty much. Both of them do unforgivable acts in the name of the greater good. The only real difference is one is not willing to kill innocents to do so but in the end that accomplishes nothing. Meanwhile, the other is willing to kill whoever necessary to do so, which accomplishes everything. Kind of ironic and poetic.

Hmm, my faves in order would have to be

Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre
Rorschach(I almost didn't like him at all but the novels very last panel changed that)
Dr. Manhattan
Ozymandias

I don't like Comedian at all, not quite sure why anyone would.

I can see what you mean if you're veiwing him as a person in reality, but as a character in a fiction he's pretty awesome. Ironic thing is, my favorite scene with him is my least favorite scene with him. Killing that woman and THEN telling Doc Manhattan about his amorality was horrifying, depressing, and insightful all in one instant.

Forgot to mention that Rorschach is my favorite character, but I'm more like Veidt, sadly.

I'm talking about him as a person and as a character in fiction.

Lots of our favorite characters in fiction are people we shouldn't like.

On 2nd reading I enjoyed Rorschach more than Manhatten this time, but both are still my favourite characters, althought I dont like Rorschach's ending.

In order: Rorschach, Comedian, Ozymandias, Doc Manhattan, Nite-Owl II & Silk Spectre II. Rorschach is just a complete badass, Comedian is a superb character and Ozymandias' dialog is fantastic. I'm not in any way against Manhattan, Nite-Owl II or Silk Spectre, but they just aren't as interesting to me. Manhattan has his moments, i'm indifferent to Dan's story, and Laurie is annoying at times.

Rorschach
The Comedian
Nite Owl II

I know so many people are putting Nite Owl II down, but i for one like him. And the Comedian, he is such an *******, but a very cool and interesting *******. As for Rorschach, need i say more? He is the coolest character ever. He won't let anyone keep him down. Sad what happens to him in the end. Funny how two of my favorite Watchmen characters end getting killed by two of their colleagues. My fourth favorite is without a doubt Ozymandias, followed by Dr. Manhattan and then Silk Spectre. And boy i can't wait to see JDM and JEH as the Comedian and Rorschach respectively.

Last edited:
what i thought my favorites would be b4 i read the book...

1:rorschach
2: comedian
3: dr Manhattan.

what they are now AFTER reading the book...

1:rorschach
2: night owl (2)
3: silk specter (2)
4: doc manhattan
5: comedian
6: Ozymandias

but 3,4 and 5 I like about the same. aw heck, they're all great characters. but rorschach is just plain awesome, and night owl's really surprised me, cause of how important it was. plus, he's wanna the most likeable characters in the whole story just cause of his attitude!:grin: (well, i mean outa all the watchmen, he'd prolly be the only 1 i'd want to hang out w/)

1) The Comedian.
2) Dr. Manhattan.
3) Rorschach.
4) Nite Owl II.
5) Ozymandias.
6) Silk Spectre II.

Ozymandias, the true hero of the story. A guy with the brains and the balls to do what had to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"