The Official Blue Beetle Thread

Um, Blue Beetle, in a Booster Gold comic. Yes, I don't see the connection either. :huh:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/030912-Co-Features.html

In June, both Teen Titans and Booster Gold (prior to the launch of Doom Patrol, which debuts later in the summer) will gain their own co-features: Ravager and Blue Beetle, respectively. The co-features will be presented in pages added in addition to the regular series’ stories.

Good news?
Great news. Now I'll have more to read in Booster Gold and something to ignore in Teen Titans. :up:

terror titans was good. I like her in teen titans, i loved her when she was crazy in nightwing too

She's just a needy b**** with daddy issues. Kind of a boring character archetype to me.

have you been reading teen titans? she's evolved from that

Um, Blue Beetle, in a Booster Gold comic. Yes, I don't see the connection either. :huh:

I don't see a Jamie connection with Booster. It's not like him and Booster go palling around or anything. :whatever:

Jaime's origin is that he went palling around with Michael. And Booster occasionally checks in on him, and they clearly respect each other, and are connected through Ted's memory...and then there's the unresolved issue of the Black Beetle. They're certainly not to two random zergs on the street, there's a lot tying them together.

Yeah, I know that. I was saying storywise. Like, are the Beetle backstories going to be following somewhat what's going on in Booster, similar to how Trinity is or is it just going to be Booster Gold with a backup-story to see whats going on in Blue Beetles world.

It seems like they would have to in order to justify their existence. Although, back in the '60s and '70s, they used to have totally unrelated backup stories running alongside the main stories, and Wildstorm's actually doing that right now with unrelated backup stories about third-tier characters running through all of their comics.

In a perfect world, Jaime's backups would have random adventures as A-plots and a series of clues leading him toward the Black Beetle as a B-plot. Then they could have a "crossover" (not sure if that's the right term when the characters are sharing the book already) with Booster wherein they face that group of *****ebags again--Black Beetle, Booster's dad as Supernova, and Rex Hunter. Throw in an evil counterpart to Goldstar and they're set.

According to that article DC's keeping the price of the comics the same, so that's good. Kinda wonder how / why Jamie's gonna be backup to Booster too. Maybe there's no connection and they just needed a book to put him on, or maybe it'll be like the way they did Trinity.

No they're not, the prices are rising to $3.99

Of course, in today’s market, the good news always comes with at least a little bad, and DiDio confirmed that both Teen Titans and Booster Gold - and other series with co-features will increase in price to $3.99.

Oh well, at least DC is giving something for the extra buck unlike Marvel which expects us to suck it.

I'm still not clear on what kind of sales gets a series canceled,... I was honestly believing that the BB was doing well.

Hmmmn.
Now theres a thought:
A Teen Heroes book that bounced around the twenty or so teen heroes in the DC universe,.. some of their solo adventures,....

I bet that would sell.

V.

I'm still not clear on what kind of sales gets a series canceled,... I was honestly believing that the BB was doing well.

Blue Beetle's sales were downright horrid. And it's not like DC didn't do anything to try and keep it and Manhunter alive.

Typically a book will get cancelled once it reaches below 20,000. Blue Beetle hit that a loooooong time ago. Along with Manhunter, DC kept the book in publication way past the cancellation threshold to the point where it wasn't at all viable to keep the book running. It ended with sales of about 10,000.

The level of talent on the book (since they pay bigger names more money) and the level of character recognition color sales expectations, too. Superman and Batman comics are expected to sell better than a Blue Beetle comic, for example, so the sales on the former two don't have to drop too low before people at DC start trying to figure out ways to bring them back up. Meanwhile, Blue Beetle can chug along at a much lower level and still be considered a success because of lower production costs and expectations.

The wage of the creative team goes a long way to how much a book can sell.

Excellent. I just hope the "smaller cast" still has room for Traci Thirteen appearances every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"