The Official Checkmate thread

You know, if Alan Scott were still the White King, I might actually brave Bruce Jones' first few issues in the hopes that the organization and the characters would be strong enough to make Jones overcome his usual suckage.

Nope: Rule of Two. Two metas, two non-metas. It's perfectly balanced.

yeah but they looked hesitant to activate them. amd I'm sure they're enhanced because its an emergency situation and where are they gonna get help fast enough and strong enough to take care of the clinic problem? yeah in your face willy!

Yeah 'cause if there's anything Checkmate's been showing us in twenty-plus issues, it's that you have to have superpowers to do this job.

Yeah. I'd take Mademoiselle Marie over Count Vertigo in a fight any day.

I do wonder why they're so hesitant to use the Rooks, though. Are they, like, programmed to be unstoppable killing machines or something? The way the royals played it up in #24, I actually thought the things in the bunker would be tactical nukes they were just gonna drop on that facility or something. They were really hesitant to use the Rooks.

So, what are the Rooks role exactly? Just saying, cause each "Chess piece" has a distinct role. Are they supposed to just be like Knights, but last resort enforcers?

Usually your rooks are your last line of defense. I dunno what that would translate to in this situation, though.

Personally, I think the rook is one of the most underrated offensive weapons in the game of chess. A pair of rooks and almost any other piece can put a king in a hole real fast. Last time I played, I was down to a bishop, two rooks, two pawns, and my king, vs. my opponent's king, queen, both bishops, a knight, a rook, and five pawns. But two rooks, a bishop, and a little skill are all you need.

More on-topic, I'm super-excited to see Sebastian Faust back in the game in a big way. Love that guy.

If they rule of two applies to the use of the Rooks, then i guess 2 of them are human and two others are enhanced.

But i highly Doubt it, I have a gut feeling they're all enhanced in someway,theres no other reason they'll be so hesitant to ACTIVATE them.

GAH, I got to wonder if you've really been reading this book sometimes.

I've come to the conclusion that i don't really like you. You seem stuck up to me.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"