The Official COMBAT CHAMBER Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Rider

Ghost Lantern
Reaction score
Greetings.

I had an idea for a thread to look at VS. or Matchups, but with the variables clearly stated.

I enjoy the input from the various fans and have created one thread to create, track and post about the matches. (Thanks Morg/Dog Lips)

The idea?

A Chamber, 30 feet wide, circular. 30 Feet high walls. Concrete. No doors. Air mixture same as earth, same gravity. Ceiling is a force field 30 feet covering chamber that cannot be broken.

Only way out is complete victory over opponent by submission or death.

Walls cannot crumble or crack. No phasing through, floor is solid concrete as well.

The Rules? Two combantants (or two teams) will enter the chamber. I will track all of this on a spreadsheet and give the combantants record as the enter for backbround. We will see hero vs. hero and Villain vs. Villain so it should be interesting.

You, the fans of the Hype provide information on who you think should win and why. We will take input for one day for each match. I will reveal the winner the following day based on your arguments based on the characters powers and how you think they would use them. In addition I will reveal the next match-up. I will keep the list current and we will alternate between Marvel and DC to create a tournament. In the end, we will have one final Chamber Match between the DC and Marvel winners for the First official Chamber Champion.

I am using characters that are not cosmic and keeping "infinite" power characters out. This is a character set with powers, physical skills and/or human with armor only. We are using the known powers and accepted skills of each character. If unsure of a power, I will use Wikipedia or other sources to provide data for your consideration.

I present to you our first Match-up to whet your appetite:

The Chamber loads:

Captain America vs. Doctor Octopus

Let the Combat begin :ghost:

Cap will more than likely get beat at the beginning. But eventually the Star Spangled Avenger will have Doc Ock's tentacles all tied up. The only way Doc might win is if they were in a small room with no manuvering room.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Cool. I highlighted the key section ... I think I was overly verbose but I wanted to lay the foundation for the action.

Thanks! :ghost:

cap would take it otto's so used to just fighting spidey any other opponent throws him off his game

to repeat and expand on suggestions in one of the deleted chamber threads
iron fist vs shang chi
colleen wing vs misty knight
616 wasp vs ulitmate wasp
j2[juggernaut II]vs hulkling
tigra vs arachne
hercules vs ares*
man wolf vs werewolf by night
*the chamber seems to me to be something ares would've come up with in his more warmongering days

3D ... I have noted your suggestions for future battles/combatants.

I am still looking for DC heroes/Villain Suggestions and more Marvel Villains.

I also would hope for one more to provide input so that we can bring this interesting first battle to a close. Two distinct opinions and I would hope that the Cap and Doc Octupus fans will weigh in. The battle closes today at 6 pm ...

Uhm.. what material are Dr Octopus mechanical arms made of? Could Cap's shield cut them down?

Dr. Octopus has possessed a total of three different harnesses during his career: the original titanium harness, a more powerful adamantium harness, and the current harness, which was modified in 2004 to somewhat resemble the version seen in the movie Spider-Man 2, with tentacles bearing an octopus-like motif. The original and adamantium harnesses were both destroyed in the Lethal Foes of Spider-Man miniseries.

For the Chamber I will go with the adamantium harness.

Captain America info:
Captain America uses several shields throughout his history, the most recognizable of which is an indestructible discus-shaped shield made from a vibranium-steel alloy (not adamantium-vibranium as sometimes erroneously stated). This alloy is created by accident and never duplicated, although efforts to reverse engineer it result in the creation of adamantium.

Captain America's uniform is made of a fire-******ant material, and he wears a lightweight "duralumin" chainmail beneath his uniform for added protection.[12] Originally, Rogers' mask was a separate piece of material, but an early engagement had it dislodged, thus almost exposing his identity. To prevent a recurrence of the situation, Rogers modified the mask with connecting material to his uniform. This also had the fringe benefit of extending his armor to cover his previously exposed neck. As a member of the Avengers, Rogers has an Avengers priority card, which serves as a communications device.

I shall suggest that since both pieces of information are from Wikipedia (questionable at best) the Shield can slice through Doc's arms.

Discuss.

bring it on my friends cr has made an excellent vs threa here

Thanks 3d. Tell your friends about it. I would love more input.

The Chamber has a verdict.

After reading the limited responses :-)csad: ) I have come to a conclusion.

"Doc and Cap appear in the chamber. They are surprised at first, but Doc quickly attacks our mighty Captain. He moves out of the way of one Tentacle, but another catches him in the face. Doc moves to the side, but realizes the limited space is a problem. As he looks up at the force field, Cap makes his move and dives under Doc.
Whipping his shield with all his considerable strength, it whips through the air towards one of Doc's mechanical limbs. Doc moves and laughs, but the Shield deflects off the wall as the Cap planned, catching a different limb and shearing into two pieces.
Screaming, Doc falls and rolls to one side, whipping his other limbs out, pummeling Cap to one side. Cap leaps up, vaulting off the wall, somersaulting to the ceiling, where he hurls his Shield at Doc's exposed back ..."

Bloodied and battered, Cap emerges victorious after 26 minutes. Only by virtue of his shield cutting through two of Doc's limbs and damaging his harness does he emerge. He is bleeding, but Doc yields to face battle another day.

Thank you all for your input. I hope this is an interesting conclusion for you to the first battle of the first Round. :yay:

ROUND 1, Battle 2 -- DC --- Steel vs. Killer Croc.

Who wins and why?

The Chamber awaits your decision.

:huh: ...I don't know Steel and Killer Croc. How about Mystique and Chameleon? That'd get confusing...

I just got what you meant…that’s embarrassing…

No worries ...

A Chamber, 30 feet wide, circular. 30 Feet high walls. Concrete. No doors. Air mixture same as earth, same gravity. Ceiling is a force field 30 feet covering chamber that cannot be broken.

Only way out is complete victory over opponent by submission or death.

Walls cannot crumble or crack. No phasing through, floor is solid concrete as well.

ROUND 1, Battle 2 -- DC --- Steel vs. Killer Croc.

Who wins and why?

The Chamber awaits your decision

Interesting idea,now should i name 12 DC and 12 Marvel characters i'd like to see in it ?

Missed the first match but i figured cap had it due to his agility and strength along with his ability to block

For this match i'd say Steel,he has the armour and power but more importantly is smarter then Croc and would outmanoeuvre him

Well ... you can certainly give me the DC list. I posted a request on the DC side and nobody has helped me out.

I have only a few for DC ... not great. I am looking for non-infinite or "galactic" people ...

Batman
Green Arrow
Sgt. Rock
Black Canary
Martian Manhunter
Etrigan
Hitman
NightWing
The Question
Wildcat
Aquaman
Steel
for heroes ...

Killer Croc
Two-Face
ClayFace
Catwoman
Black Adam?
Magog?

It's harder to get a good list for the DC side ... Would appreciate your thoughts Big Fella ...

Batman
Green Arrow
Sgt. Rock
Black Canary
Martian Manhunter
Etrigan
Hitman
NightWing
The Question
Wildcat
Aquaman
Steel
for heroes ...

Killer Croc
Two-Face
ClayFace
Catwoman
Black Adam?
Magog?

I'm not that up on Etrigan but i thought he had strength well beyond what the others on the list have

lets see villains

Deathstroke
Kain
The Joker ?
Red Claw
Bane
Mr Freeze
Metallo

Excellent friend. That's great. I would pull Etrigan if you had a suggested alternate.

The joker is tough ... but could be interesting? I will add your suggestions for the villains and see if anybody has a suggested idea for another hero.

I am new to the board so I am trying to figure out how to keep the "rules" present as well as the list of "combatants."

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank HR! :ghost:

How about Huntress in place of Etrigan ? and Martian Manhunter i believe is another cosmic powered type,could switch him out with Robin

Killer Croc
Two-Face
ClayFace
Catwoman
Deathstroke
Cain
Red Claw
Bane
Mr. Freeze
Metallo

Villain list for DC revised ...

I like that HR ... so now ... what about Jason Todd for a Villain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"