• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Fantastic Four Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you guys think this line-up will be for a whole year?

Everyone knows the new line up should be Johnny, Spider-man, Deadpool and Mr. Immortal. It just HAS to be.

Well, Marvel does it again!:cmad:

Has anyone put this in the Marvel's biggest mistakes thread? Hopefully they'll have Richards and Sue back in the team by the time the movie comes out.

I'll be sure to skip this book.

IronMan_2005 said:
Well, Marvel does it again!:cmad:

Has anyone put this in the Marvel's biggest mistakes thread? Hopefully they'll have Richards and Sue back in the team by the time the movie comes out.

I'll be sure to skip this book.

How about you read it before you start claiming it as a mistake.:whatever:

I'm loving it more everyday. BP makes sense, and so does Storm, because um she's his wife. Even though I hate the marriage, to say it doesnt make sense, it odd. And Storm represents the water element perfectly. <<<<<random.

Darthphere said:
I'm loving it more everyday. BP makes sense, and so does Storm, because um she's his wife. Even though I hate the marriage, to say it doesnt make sense, it odd. And Storm represents the water element perfectly. <<<<<random.

Wow I actually agree with you.:wow:

I only just saw the new team today (in a truly atrocious Michael Turner cover on Newsarama, no less). I'm torn. On the one hand, the BP/Storm marriage is ******ed, plus I'm not much of a Storm fan in general, plus I'd like to stay as far away from anything that's dependent on or related to the ****ty new BP series as possible. But, on the other hand, it's Dwayne McDuffie and Paul Pelletier, and I've missed the FF in general, and Johnny and Ben are the best part of the FF anyway... As with the JMS/McKone run, I'll probably give the first 2 or 3 issues a try and decide from there. But one thing's for sure: if McDuffie decides to do yet another deconstructed, 13-issue team formation arc like every goddamn team comic likes to do these days, I'm dropping it in a heartbeat.

What did you think of the JMS/McKone run?

I dropped it after 2 issues. It wasn't particularly bad, it just didn't really do anything for me other than make me miss Waid and Ringo more with each page.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I only just saw the new team today (in a truly atrocious Michael Turner cover on Newsarama, no less). I'm torn. On the one hand, the BP/Storm marriage is ******ed, plus I'm not much of a Storm fan in general, plus I'd like to stay as far away from anything that's dependent on or related to the ****ty new BP series as possible. But, on the other hand, it's Dwayne McDuffie and Paul Pelletier, and I've missed the FF in general, and Johnny and Ben are the best part of the FF anyway... As with the JMS/McKone run, I'll probably give the first 2 or 3 issues a try and decide from there. But one thing's for sure: if McDuffie decides to do yet another deconstructed, 13-issue team formation arc like every goddamn team comic likes to do these days, I'm dropping it in a heartbeat.

I just don't see it working without Reed and Sue. I mean, the FF isn't an establishment. It is Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm. And while BP is smart, he's not a super scientist like Reed. And you kind of need a super scientist for FF style stories of exploration.

TheCorpulent1 said:

Where the hell have you been?:cmad:

Clawing my way out of the poorhouse. I only just bought the last month's worth of comics a week ago and got through reading most of them yesterday. Before that, I was avoiding the Hype because I didn't want to spoil anything, plus I was transitioning to a new job and things were kind of hectic.
The Question said:
I just don't see it working without Reed and Sue. I mean, the FF isn't an establishment. It is Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm. And while BP is smart, he's not a super scientist like Reed. And you kind of need a super scientist for FF style stories of exploration.
I might have that same concern if I weren't absolutely sure that, within 5 or 10 years (or even less, given how often Marvel's doling out earth-shattering status quo shifts these days), the FF will once again return to the original members. It always does, dude. Always. The FF are comics' premiere family and everyone knows it, so I don't think anyone at Marvel has any illusions that this personnel change is permanent. The originals will be back together sooner or later, and in the meantime I'm kind of glad they're trying something new since, given that I dropped JMS and McKone's run 2 issues in, simply shifting the originals to a new writer and artist clearly didn't really work for me.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I might have that same concern if I weren't absolutely sure that, within 5 or 10 years (or even less, given how often Marvel's doling out earth-shattering status quo shifts these days), the FF will once again return to the original members. It always does, dude. Always. The FF are comics' premiere family and everyone knows it, so I don't think anyone at Marvel has any illusions that this personnel change is permanent. The originals will be back together sooner or later, and in the meantime I'm kind of glad they're trying something new since, given that I dropped JMS and McKone's run 2 issues in, simply shifting the originals to a new writer and artist clearly didn't really work for me.

True. I just have no idea how they're going to work it, is the thing.

That's a bridge I'll ***** about when I come to it. Either they'll do a good job of cleaning up Millar's mess or they won't. In the long run, all that'll really matter to me is the fact that the originals are back together and, more likely than not, back to the familiar family dynamic that works so well for them.

I understand why BP and Storm are on the team and yeah I plan on buying it but why couldn't they just create another team? BP, Storm, Luke Cage, Blade, Iron Fist, Namor, Sabra, Dr.Strange,and Union Jack. Strange and large team yeah I know but this way you are using characters that are sitting back collecting dust becuase they are not being used and putting on a team and giving them some light. Storm and Blade are A-list, BP, Dr.Strange, and Namor are almost A-list but not quite there yet. The rest are B-list and could use the boost. Yep! Even Luke Cage. :o

DACrowe said:
Well who wants to place bets. I'll say this will last 3 years tops!

Seriously, can we add this to the list of Marvel's worst mistakes thread, now.
HOLY SPIT!!!

ALL OF YOU GET A GRIP.

It is DOUBTFULL that The Panthers time with the FF will LAST FOR SIX ISSUES - LET ALONE BE AN ONGOING.

geez I swear the amount of unnecessary hatin' going on around here,....

Look,.. here's my spin,... accept it please and move on:

Reed Richards is ALWAYS MUCKING AROUND with multiple projects that require attention once they have been started.

He honestly can't leave "stuff bubbling on the stove" while he goes off to try to salvage his marriage.

The Panther is bright enough to be able to understand the stuff he's been working on and maintain them at a low burn,.. completing those that come to a conclusion,.. ending those that don't come to the desired result.

Like usual this will require a foursome to run errands to observe stuff first hand, to deal with some of the results.

As a bonus you have someone on hand with a plan on how to handle Galactus.

Reed and Sue WILL BE BACK and IT WON'T BE LONG so would those of you whining about how poor a fit it is just save the estimated 17 dollars you would normally spend on the FF and Leave those of us who enjoyed Doom, She Hulk, Luke Cage, PowerSkrull,Medusa, and Crystal as replacements in the FF get on with our comic enjoyment.

Peace.

I minazwel ask...

1. Back in the day when Sue and Reed left the team to spend time with franklin (franklin also left Power Pack to do this, IIC) and Ben and Johnny stayed, how was the book then?

2. I'm not sure, but when Reed and Sue returned to the superhero world (Was it avengers 300? I have the issue, but I don't know if that's when they FIRST returned) Didn't they become Avengers then? How long did that last, and how was that stories then?

I bring that up because people keep saying Sue doesn't fit as an Avenger.

Varient said:
HOLY SPIT!!!

ALL OF YOU GET A GRIP.

It is DOUBTFULL that The Panthers time with the FF will LAST FOR SIX ISSUES - LET ALONE BE AN ONGOING.

geez I swear the amount of unnecessary hatin' going on around here,....

Look,.. here's my spin,... accept it please and move on:

Reed Richards is ALWAYS MUCKING AROUND with multiple projects that require attention once they have been started.

He honestly can't leave "stuff bubbling on the stove" while he goes off to try to salvage his marriage.

The Panther is bright enough to be able to understand the stuff he's been working on and maintain them at a low burn,.. completing those that come to a conclusion,.. ending those that don't come to the desired result.

Like usual this will require a foursome to run errands to observe stuff first hand, to deal with some of the results.

As a bonus you have someone on hand with a plan on how to handle Galactus.

Reed and Sue WILL BE BACK and IT WON'T BE LONG so would those of you whining about how poor a fit it is just save the estimated 17 dollars you would normally spend on the FF and Leave those of us who enjoyed Doom, She Hulk, Luke Cage, PowerSkrull,Medusa, and Crystal as replacements in the FF get on with our comic enjoyment.

Peace.
Well said! That's the point that needs to be understood. I don't even think this move will last a year. They have a movie coming out this summer and even Joey Q. has a boss. That's why you see Ghost Rider, Dr.Strange, and Blade all with comics out cuase they all have upcoming movies or tv series coming out have or have already been released. Hence Spidey back in black and a return of the Sandman in comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"