The Official Man of Steel Blu Ray Thread

Special features on the level of the SR dvd.

Henry's screentest in the Reeve suit (it was confirmed that it was the suit Reeve actually wore in his movies, as those are in museums and WB archive vaults etc. But it was apparently an exact replica they had specially made).

Full doco about the new suit.

Designing Krypton.

Lois Lane mini.

How they reinvented flight effects, as well as how Superman and the other Kryptonains fight.

A step by step process of how the movie came together (from Goyer's epiphany to Nolan's pitch, hiring Zack and his changes etc.)

Cavill's workout.

I've never personally seen this Maximum Movie Mode thing, but it sounds interesting.

Cavill's workout.

You can get a lot of background (or as much as will fit into a few minutes I suppose) in this video from Gym Jones - Cavill can't stop talking up Mark Twight who's the founder of that program, he mentions it in pretty much every interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uJylK2o6ng

There are others related to that program but that particular video relates directly to MoS. The current issue of Muscle and Fitness magazine has a nice article about Cavill's training and mentions that he does something in one of his very first workouts with Twight that impressed the hell out of Twight, something that's not very easily done and definitely made a huge change in attitude for Cavill in his growth into the role of Kal-El. Worth reading if you can check it out.

As for the Blu-ray/DVD thing, I'd love to see a Super-Hella-Mega-Extended Director's Cut, definitely. I'm pretty confident Zack has something special planned. It might not be the entire three hour thirty minutes they'd originally scripted (since it wasn't all filmed) but I'm sure we'll get something pretty damned amazing nonetheless.

You can get a lot of background (or as much as will fit into a few minutes I suppose) in this video from Gym Jones - Cavill can't stop talking up Mark Twight who's the founder of that program, he mentions it in pretty much every interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uJylK2o6ng

There are others related to that program but that particular video relates directly to MoS. The current issue of Muscle and Fitness magazine has a nice article about Cavill's training and mentions that he does something in one of his very first workouts with Twight that impressed the hell out of Twight, something that's not very easily done and definitely made a huge change in attitude for Cavill in his growth into the role of Kal-El. Worth reading if you can check it out.

As for the Blu-ray/DVD thing, I'd love to see a Super-Hella-Mega-Extended Director's Cut, definitely. I'm pretty confident Zack has something special planned. It might not be the entire three hour thirty minutes they'd originally scripted (since it wasn't all filmed) but I'm sure we'll get something pretty damned amazing nonetheless.

Oh, I know, I've been watching the hell out of those. I'd just like something longer. :yay:

- Theatrical and Extended Editions
- In depth making of similar to what they did on the Superman Returns Blu Ray/DVD (Features the designing of the suit, Henry's training regime, ****s if them on set filming particular scenes, auditions etc6
- Another documentary about the development of the film
- Commentary with Zack Snyder, David Goyer and Henry Cavill
- Trailers (including Comic Con trailer)
- TV Spots
- The Superman short animated film that Snyder and Bruce Timm are working on
- A special 3 disc edition which features a Kryptonian key USB stick and Soundtrack

Last edited:
I just thought of something else that would be fun to see.....outtakes/bloopers. LOL. I would love to see Michael Shannon and Henry Cavill acting out their parts and then one of them flubs up their line or something like that. Probably won't happen, but I still think it would be fun to see.

Yeah, I definitely want to see Michael's bloopers.

I want all the deleted scene + a version of the movie without any of the scenes cut... I don't care if it's 3+ hours... the longer the better... Cannot wait for the Blue-ray release...

- Theatrical and Extended Editions
- In depth making of similar to what they did on the Superman Returns Blu Ray/DVD (Features the designing of the suit, Henry's training regime, ****s if them on set filming particular scenes, auditions etc6
- Another documentary about the development of the film
- Commentary with Zack Snyder, David Goyer and Henry Cavill
- Trailers (including Comic Con trailer)
- TV Spots
- The Superman short animated film that Snyder and Bruce Timm are working on
- A special 3 disc edition which features a Kryptonian key USB stick and Soundtrack

Make this happen WB... I will get it even if it's $100 :woot:

i just hope the blu-ray cover looks awesome. one thing i didn't like about the Nolan Batman films were that the blu-ray cover were rather lame, except for the Begins one.

from the official posters released, i think either of these 2 would be excellent:
manofsteelsupermanposter_zpsff05b35c.jpg~original

Man-of-Steel-Poster-Kal-El.jpg

but personally, i think this would be a badass cover for the blu-ray:

ar.jpg

Oh, I know, I've been watching the hell out of those. I'd just like something longer. :yay:

The Solider of Steel website gives you a full month plan if that's what you're looking for.

Theatrical and Extended Cuts.
Maximum Movie Mode hosted by Director Zack Snyder and Writer David Goyer
Focus Points (also available via Maximum Movie Mode)
Man of Steel Second Screen App
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Because this is WB and I own a tone of WB Blu Rays, you can bet that what I listed will be very close to what the Blu Ray will have.

Theatrical and Extended Cuts.
Maximum Movie Mode hosted by Director Zack Snyder and Writer David Goyer
Focus Points (also available via Maximum Movie Mode)
Man of Steel Second Screen App
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Because this is WB and I own a tone of WB Blu Rays, you can bet that what I listed will be very close to what the Blu Ray will have.

:up: I think you're right on the money with these.

:up: I think you're right on the money with these.

I only listed the extended cut because Snyder has a habit of doing them. Again, the theatrical cut is the Snyder's director's cut. But, that doesn't stop him from just doing an extended cut of the film.

He's done it with Watchmen (which had three cuts), Sucker Punch, and Dawn of the Dead.

I think we'll just get deleted scenes instead of an extended cut.

I think we'll just get deleted scenes instead of an extended cut.

Either or, doesn't matter to me. But, having seen the film five times, there are some spots were I think you can tell he cut stuff. It's not an entirely smooth edit.

And when I say extended cut, I'm thinking probably another 10 to 15 minutes added. Nothing more than that...

Here's my fan-made Blu-ray cover (updated with critics quote):

Q2TwWoT.jpg

personally I'd like to see some special features on the level of the extended LoTR special features, which were longer than the extended films, those extras were the best I've ever seen.

- I'd like an extensive behind the scenes 2 hour documentary that Superman Returns had, man that thing was so packed with information. Maybe something like Henry Cavill's screen test I heard he even wore the Christopher Reeve suit at one point.

- All the teaser/TV/trailers must be included (something that recent DVD's are lacking)

- Maybe a store exclusive like a key ring \S/ emblem.

- An isolated music track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"