X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

Gambit / Taylor Kitsch should have appeared in a direct sequel for X3 - X-Men 4. But of course, for some reason Fox and company thought it was better to move forward with solo Wolverine films and a prequel X-Men film.

Also, it's just not Gambit. Others like Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Bishop, etc could have joined the team full time if we got X-Men 4, 5 and 6, as those films would have introduced newer characters or retconned previous versions for the team.

To this day I still find it a big blunder how X-Men Days of Future Past was followed by X-Men Apocalypse and X-Men Dark Phoenix, when they could have featured those mutants in the "present period" with the Wolverine, adult Jean, adult Storm, adult Cyclops, much older Beast, Colossus, Shadowcat, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, much older Professor along with new faces. Instead we got these "younger version" sharing screentime with younger version of Magneto and Mystique...

I've only seen her so far in this FX show Shogun, and she's great in it.
will watch the first ep to get a sense, and if its a good show, will try to watch the full season (tho Im having a hard time ending shows lately lol)

Last edited:
BTW, I'm putting it out there in the universe:

View attachment 87739

Anna Sawai for MCU Psylocke
Can she do English? I want them to start with Betsy in Essex with Brian (preferably as half-siblings so Betsy can be part-Asian while Brian is white but they're still both half-Otherworlder due to having the same dad) and save Kwannon for later.

Considering how successful the X-Men '97 series seems to be, it's hard to imagine that the MCU team won't be close to this:

View attachment 88477
I imagine they're gonna take some cues from it but I don't think it will be exactly 1 to 1. I feel for they may bench Wolverine initally to give a spotlight to others and maybe add 1 or 2 out of left field choices that may not have gotten much love in the comics. Would personally love to see Marrow but I dunno how likely that would be.

Can she do English? I want them to start with Betsy in Essex with Brian (preferably as half-siblings so Betsy can be part-Asian while Brian is white but they're still both half-Otherworlder due to having the same dad) and save Kwannon for later.
Yes. She was born in New Zealand and her family moved around a lot. This is what she sounds like.

Considering how successful the X-Men '97 series seems to be, it's hard to imagine that the MCU team won't be close to this:

View attachment 88477
Wow that team would be a dream! Psylocke interacting with Jean, Storm and Rogue as the X-Women!

Though the only one from the picture not included in X-Men '97 is Psylocke. Even though X-Men '97 would be factor who shows up in X-Men '27, the line up we saw in that cartoon won't be the same as X-Men '27 as that would totally be boring. Marvel Studios would at least change it up. I can't see Iceman being excluded especially that character hasn't appeared in a X-Men movie since 2014.

Gambit / Taylor Kitsch should have appeared in a direct sequel for X3 - X-Men 4. But of course, for some reason Fox and company thought it was better to move forward with solo Wolverine films and a prequel X-Men film.

Also, it's just not Gambit. Others like Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Bishop, etc could have joined the team full time if we got X-Men 4, 5 and 6, as those films would have introduced newer characters or retconned previous versions for the team.

To this day I still find it a big blunder how X-Men Days of Future Past was followed by X-Men Apocalypse and X-Men Dark Phoenix, when they could have featured those mutants in the "present period" with the Wolverine, adult Jean, adult Storm, adult Cyclops, much older Beast, Colossus, Shadowcat, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, much older Professor along with new faces. Instead we got these "younger version" sharing screentime with younger version of Magneto and Mystique...

Chris Claremont shared this thought. His idea was X-men Apocalypse setting in present, instead of past. Bringing back original cast from original trilogy and some flashback scenes including McAvoy and Fassbender.
Thats what I I thought too. I hate this young cast and disliked Apocalypse and DP.

For first MCU x-men, better is to let Beast be cameo, as well as Colossus. We need to have Psylocke and Angel in team and Rogue/Gambit love interest, something we never had. Iceman (long time not seeing him in live action) Jubilee (with a significant role)
Better is to tell X-men are already actives since long time, and cameos of some avengers like Sam Wilson, James Rhodes, ...

Well they should have a writer/director by now, if they aim to start filming Q4 of 2025...

The Fantastic 4 and Blade have had writers/directors for years and still haven't started filming and instead we are getting Deadpool & Wolverine, Captain America: Brave New World and Thunderbolts* first. Another reason why I can't be that excited for X-Men '27 yet... this could take as long as the reboots of the Fantastic 4 and Blade, and who knows if they will have a polished script by 2025 that won't need plenty of rewrites from newly hired writers, that won't delay the filming!

My conspiracy theory is they’re going to pick someone from the animated series room.

Why not? They clearly get it. This latest series of 97 is more x-men than the last 15 foX films haha

Again, sip or spit...

It's entirely plausible but practically irrelevant news. They're going to hire "a writer" is useless information. When they hire the writer, then we can at least consider something about that person (although it's not uncommon to go through waves of writers).

a x-men film update is a x-men film update to me, so for those (like me) who has been desperate to see the X-Men on the big screen again, this is good news. Feige has been having meetings since late 2023 so having an official writer around now/May is good news. Lets wait and see his/her filmography, hoping for the best. Feige knows this film is very important, so I doubt they choose any random writer.

I think what I want from the MCU X-Films most is that sense of family and home.

I need the characters to feel genuine, these characters need To be much more Comfortable and familial with each other than the Avengers ever did and I hope they truly take advantage of that.

I cannot wait to see how the X-Mansion, Cerebro, Blackbird, Danger Room and War Room will look like. I hope Xavier Institute is not a school like it was in previous films.

I cannot wait to see how the X-Mansion, Cerebro, Blackbird, Danger Room and War Room will look like. I hope Xavier Institute is not a school like it was in previous films.
I looooove how often we see the war room in X-Men '97. More of that, please!

Yeah the war room is super fun and storm always has that coffee and a snide comment lol

My conspiracy theory is they’re going to pick someone from the animated series room.

Why not? They clearly get it. This latest series of 97 is more x-men than the last 15 foX films haha

I’d be gagged

I think X-Men '27 is too optimistic. If they already have a draft and director, I can see them filming next year. It depends who they hire as the director. The director they get could get new writers along with him - and it will take time.

Then factor, the gazillion of projects that Marvel Studios is currently working on right now. If we get another flop MCU movie in 2025, expect more delays.

Id bet money X-Men film is a top priority for Marvel Studios/Disney right now, above many of the past rumored/confirmed projects in development.

Bob Iger has already expressed their course change. They will develop more projects than they will actually do, and will focus mostly on popular IPs. There is the answer. Avengers, Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-Men. Thats the core of the Marvel Studios future. They will still make other sequels and new properties, but the core will be those 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"