Arrow The Official Megalyn Echikunwoke/Vixen Thread

I actually think they forced in way too much backstory into her dialogue. Her entire presence in the episode felt like an awkward promo for her own show or the character in general. The details weren't important for this story.

Sadly, I also thought the actress did a poor job, and her powers were hit and miss. Her intro was effective, stalking those criminals offscreen, just with sounds and camera work (though somewhat soured by her terrible first line), and some of her flight scenes were cool with the eagle sounds in the background, but other power displays were pretty lame.

Costume was cool though, even if I would have preferred shorter hair.

Last edited:
You thought the actress did a poor job? Wow, personally, I thought her acting was extremely good. She sold it, as far as I'm concerned.

I thought she was alright. It did feel like they kind of forced her into the episode, but her role made sense. I wonder if she'll show up on the Flash.

I thought she was alright. It did feel like they kind of forced her into the episode, but her role made sense. I wonder if she'll show up on the Flash.

She also felt forced to me as her reason for being around was just Oliver whistling and her coming along like a little sidekick with apparently nothing important happening in her city. I also took issue with her introduction, as instead of making her seem like a competent hero instead they showed that she would have died had it not been for Oliver's intervention, despite her having been a hero for a year at that point. I think had they executed her intro better that I wouldn't have been so soured towards her presence.

I actually think they should have introduced her at the very beginning of the episode with the same action sequence but make those men she was pursuing a trap set by ghosts ordered by Darhk to take the Tantu Totem. The trap would spring and almost work but she would still win and would try to question a ghost but he would kill himself and instead of Oliver showing up at the end it just fade to black. The fade would return to another another action sequence in which Team Arrow is fighting ghosts trying to gain intel on William's kidnapping with Vixen randomly showing up in the middle of the fight kicking ass but not saving anyone from death (as that would devalue that person's skill for the sake of Vixen like what was done for the sake of Oliver in the actual episode). Cut back to the lair and she would be explaining why she was in starling (following ghost activity) and was seeking out Oliver's help and whatever intel he had on the Ghosts (as their activities in fighting the Ghosts would likely be reported by the media), then the rest of the episode would happen the same.

Last edited:
Cb7vIQUUEAE6tqQ.jpg

You thought the actress did a poor job? Wow, personally, I thought her acting was extremely good. She sold it, as far as I'm concerned.
It was off at some times, but mostly due to the poor dialogue.

I hope this means we will see her in every Flarrrow verse show next year.

Something tells me that Vixen will be one of the heroes appearing in all four shows in the mega-crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"